For People Stuck On Oreo Firmware (Poco F1)

Search This thread

Babu4886

Apr 9, 2021
thanks a lot i have not seen this thread before and now i solved the problem but plz mention that to install miui 10 oreo that only works so that other will easily understand the solution methode thank you.

Rafael-SJC

Dec 18, 2020
Bro I'm facing that issue hve u know something about this

the method is simple, take the system, vendor and boot files from the original rom 12.0.3 and place them in the adb folder. With Oreo running, enter these files in Fastboot and flash mode in this order and then Twrp, which will have to be in the internal memory. After all the flashes enter TWRP and flash the firmware edited here from the post. If you give FormatData you will have to configure everything from the beginning if you choose not to just restart, the device will go up with the new fw and Miui 12.0.3

rdjaat

Jan 2, 2021
Xiaomi Poco F1
the method is simple, take the system, vendor and boot files from the original rom 12.0.3 and place them in the adb folder. With Oreo running, enter these files in Fastboot and flash mode in this order and then Twrp, which will have to be in the internal memory. After all the flashes enter TWRP and flash the firmware edited here from the post. If you give FormatData you will have to configure everything from the beginning if you choose not to just restart, the device will go up with the new fw and Miui 12.0.3
Brother I'm talking about this issue

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-03-22-21-16-19[1] (1).png
    Screenshot_2021-03-22-21-16-19[1] (1).png
    176.5 KB · Views: 12

Babu4886

Apr 9, 2021
bro i have updated to miui 12.0.3 by this method but still cant install custom rom its gets stuck on fastboot if i edit updater script without editing it shows error 7 saying cant install this package over a newer build

Babu4886

Apr 9, 2021
I have seen many people facing this issue where they flashed a OxygenOS rom of different phone ( Due to a idiot youtuber said it can be flashed on all devices )

I recently recieved a POCO F1, with same condition where i cannot update MIUI over Oreo firmware.

So, this guide is for those people who cannot boot any new MIUI other than Oreo OTA

* First make sure you are on Oreo MIUI and your device is working fine.
* Download Latest MIUI A10 OTA and extract it.
* From the above latest OTA pick system, vendor and boot images and place them in any folder.
* Flash system, vendor and boot through fastboot mode using following commands:

fastboot flash system path_to_the_files\system.img

fastboot flash vendor path_to_the_files\vendor.img

fastboot flash boot path_to_the_files\boot.img

* Now Flash lastest recovery for Poco F1 (OOFGang TWRP Suggested ).
* Boot into twrp and flash this fiirmware only (also attached below).
* Format Data and reboot.
* You have A10 MIUI installed.

Notes:
* Dont do anything other than mentioned step else can hardbrick device.
* Dont flash any OTA directly on the device either from fastboot or recovery.
* Dont flash new firmware else you can hardbrick device.
* After insatlling MIUI A10 you can install any rom without any probllem just make sure they dont include any firmware.

DISCLAIMER NOTICE
* I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...).
* YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
* Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
still unable to install custom rom again stuck on fastboot

Rafael-SJC

Dec 18, 2020
This OctaviOS rom needs Fw 12.0.2 as the rom's dev told me, I couldn't flash it too, what I would try was to edit the fw 12.0.2 take out the abl. elf, xml, xml_config files and try to flash but I didn't try it for another rom.

Rafael-SJC

Dec 18, 2020
Sorry sorry it's not vbmeta, it's dtbo I attached the file below flash it running Oreo through fastboot then flash original firmware... Enjoy
Let's see if I understand, you were at Oreo, flash this file in fastboot in adb mode, then I didn't understand what you meant by the original firmware?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have seen many people facing this issue where they flashed a OxygenOS rom of different phone ( Due to a idiot youtuber said it can be flashed on all devices )

I recently recieved a POCO F1, with same condition where i cannot update MIUI over Oreo firmware.

So, this guide is for those people who cannot boot any new MIUI other than Oreo OTA

* From the above latest OTA pick system, vendor and boot images and place them in any folder.

Notes:
    * After insatlling MIUI A10 you can install any rom without any probllem just make sure they dont include any firmware.

DISCLAIMER NOTICE
    * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...).
    * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    * Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
    I wanted to thank you very much for this collaboration, I had this problem for 4 months, I tried everything even edl auth flash and it was not solved, today I followed your procedure and I am now using version 11.0.9 miui, thank you very much !!!!

Notes:

DISCLAIMER NOTICE
    Thank you so much for this awesome guide! I haven't encountered the problem myself but I try to learn new things every day.
    Just a little question: why wouldn't it be possible to flash new firmware (e.g. from https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/firmware/beryllium/) when they are released?
    Thank you so much for this awesome guide! I haven't encountered the problem myself but I try to learn new things every day.
    Just a little question: why wouldn't it be possible to flash new firmware (e.g. from https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/firmware/beryllium/) when they are released?

actually u can upgrade but need to remove 3 files corresponding to the bootloader!
    actually u can upgrade but need to remove 3 files corresponding to the bootloader!
    What are the files? abl.elf , xbl and xbl_config ???