• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

for people trying the beta who want to revert without flashing (especially sprint)

Search This thread

antintin

Sep 11, 2019
LG V40
LG G8
Sprint Downgrade from Android 10 Beta to Android 9 PIE:

MAKE A BACKUP WITH BACKUP BUILT INTO SETTINGS AND MOVE IT TO COMPUTER FROM LG Backup folder

Install python first and make sure to check add to path variables during installation - if you didn't you will have trouble later on

If you get any errors you can look up how to install the cryptography module - it seems to have fixed issues for some users

This is only recommended on Sprint devices as they have no other option. If you are thinking about installing the beta now, I would recommend you don't because final is coming out soon.

I will be putting the commands in " and do not include the " in what commands you execute

1. LG USB Drivers 4.4.2 http://tool.lime.gdms.lge.com/dn/downloader.dev?fileKey=UW00120120425

2. Download LGLAF and extract to desktop https://anonfile.com/7aa2z8Ean2/lglaf-develop_zip

3. Put your phone in Download Mode
a.) Power off your phone
b.) Plug in the cable connected to your computer and start holding volume up at the same time

4a. (At this point there are 2 ways, I recommend trying the first one first)
Open lglaf-develop folder and open a Powershell / cmd line
Make sure the path at the top is the folder directly leading to the lglaf.py file
(Shift Key + right mouse) and type: "python lglaf.py" then hit ENTER
If it says python is not recognized

4b. Open a normal command prompt and type "where python"
Copy the path (except for the /python.exe at the end)
Go to lglaf.py > open with > find another app > paste in path and select the python.exe file and click open

5. Type "!SABS 0" or "!SABS 1" to switch between A/B slots. You will have to test to see which one your in, no harm can be done by switching to already active slot.

6.Type "!CTRL POFF"

7.Type "exit"

The device will power off after you unplug the USB cable.

Don't worry if it takes a very long time to boot up - just hold power button for like 10 seconds and wait

Important: everytime you want to update, switch to the PIE slot so that the other slot gets updated and you have an official version to revert to.

Last edited:

cas8180

Apr 1, 2007
Las Vegas
This is a quick update for those that were running the "hacked" version of android 10 ota. I was able to follow the rollback guid mentioned in the original post and it does work. The only real pain was having to enter the failed pw 30 times to get the device to wipe itself and android 9 to boot.

jericho246

Dec 19, 2015
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
This is a quick update for those that were running the "hacked" version of android 10 ota. I was able to follow the rollback guid mentioned in the original post and it does work. The only real pain was having to enter the failed pw 30 times to get the device to wipe itself and android 9 to boot.

You could have entered recovery mode and just factory reset from there. That's what I did.

Android#

Apr 18, 2016
Hi guys, was trying to change slots (was following BrandonB1218's bootloader unlock guide) and tried the above method using python to change slots but phone won't start after I disconnected it from the USB cable following above steps. If switching slots was successful I should have gone to slot B which had v50 eng bootloader and a few Pie partitions as instructed in BrandonB1218's guide.

I have tried holding power button for up to 10 minutes, held power + volume down button for a few minutes, tried plugging in the phone while holding volume up and plugging in the phone while holding volume down button but the phone is dead. It was fully charged at the time it powered off when I disconnected it after the '!CTRL POFF' command. Powershell screenshot is attached. Thanks.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    188.5 KB · Views: 42

blaze2051

Jul 26, 2010
LG G7 ThinQ
LG V40
Hi guys, was trying to change slots (was following BrandonB1218's bootloader unlock guide) and tried the above method using python to change slots but phone won't start after I disconnected it from the USB cable following above steps. If switching slots was successful I should have gone to slot B which had v50 eng bootloader and a few Pie partitions as instructed in BrandonB1218's guide.

I have tried holding power button for up to 10 minutes, held power + volume down button for a few minutes, tried plugging in the phone while holding volume up and plugging in the phone while holding volume down button but the phone is dead. It was fully charged at the time it powered off when I disconnected it after the '!CTRL POFF' command. Powershell screenshot is attached. Thanks.
i have not idea but i hope you figured it out cause i want to crossflash but im worried it might mess my sprint 820um some how, so far i only have bootloader unlocked

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sprint Downgrade from Android 10 Beta to Android 9 PIE:

MAKE A BACKUP WITH BACKUP BUILT INTO SETTINGS AND MOVE IT TO COMPUTER FROM LG Backup folder

Install python first and make sure to check add to path variables during installation - if you didn't you will have trouble later on

If you get any errors you can look up how to install the cryptography module - it seems to have fixed issues for some users

This is only recommended on Sprint devices as they have no other option. If you are thinking about installing the beta now, I would recommend you don't because final is coming out soon.

I will be putting the commands in " and do not include the " in what commands you execute

1. LG USB Drivers 4.4.2 http://tool.lime.gdms.lge.com/dn/downloader.dev?fileKey=UW00120120425

2. Download LGLAF and extract to desktop https://anonfile.com/7aa2z8Ean2/lglaf-develop_zip

3. Put your phone in Download Mode
    a.) Power off your phone
    b.) Plug in the cable connected to your computer and start holding volume up at the same time

4a. (At this point there are 2 ways, I recommend trying the first one first)
    Open lglaf-develop folder and open a Powershell / cmd line
    Make sure the path at the top is the folder directly leading to the lglaf.py file
    (Shift Key + right mouse) and type: "python lglaf.py" then hit ENTER
    If it says python is not recognized

4b. Open a normal command prompt and type "where python"
    Copy the path (except for the /python.exe at the end)
    Go to lglaf.py > open with > find another app > paste in path and select the python.exe file and click open

5. Type "!SABS 0" or "!SABS 1" to switch between A/B slots. You will have to test to see which one your in, no harm can be done by switching to already active slot.

6.Type "!CTRL POFF"

7.Type "exit"

The device will power off after you unplug the USB cable.

Don't worry if it takes a very long time to boot up - just hold power button for like 10 seconds and wait

Important: everytime you want to update, switch to the PIE slot so that the other slot gets updated and you have an official version to revert to.
    My Sprint got updated to Android 10 from offical OTA 20d firmware, can I revert back to Pie 9.0 by this method ? Or both slots are 10 now ?