For t-mobile version to us/global 9.5.3 version

Search This thread

twinnfamous

May 31, 2012
sacramento
Just want to share my personal experience in hopes it may help someone.
I have T-MOBILE version GM1915.
This is only after you have successfully unlocked your bootloader.
I downloaded the twrp from @mauronofrio twrp thread.
fastboot twrp.img then choose recovery while in bootloader. Plugged in USB otg and restarted recovery. Pushed reboot button to change to unmodified slot took a backup of boot system and vendor img files. Then since I had the full ota package for us unlocked/global on my drive I chose to install it. Once done I switched back to original slot and installed it again. Reboot and stock 9.5.3.
Make sure to flash to both slots or you will most likely get Qualcomm crash dump error.

If anyone can please take a backup of the unmodified boot partition and link it here. I have system and vendor but we need stock boot.img to help others and so we can patch it and TMobile users won't have to flash twrp just to root.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190525-181052.jpg
    Screenshot_20190525-181052.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 1,243
  • Screenshot_20190525-183247.jpg
    Screenshot_20190525-183247.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 1,249
Last edited:

init_dot_t

Apr 12, 2011
OH
fastboot twrp.img then choose recovery while in bootloader. Plugged in USB otg and restarted recovery. Pushed reboot button to change to unmodified slot took a backup of boot system and vendor I'm going files. Then since I had the full ota package for us unlocked/global on my drive I chose to install it. Once done I switched back to original slot and installed it again. Reboot and stock 9.5.3.
Make sure to flash to both slots or you will most likely get Qualcomm crash dump error.

This definitely seems promising! Should I order a USB OTG cable to attempt this in the future?

Exathi

Nov 4, 2018
Salem
fastboot twrp.img then choose recovery while in bootloader. Plugged in USB otg and restarted recovery. Pushed reboot button to change to unmodified slot took a backup of boot system and vendor I'm going files. Then since I had the full ota package for us unlocked/global on my drive I chose to install it. Once done I switched back to original slot and installed it again. Reboot and stock 9.5.3.
Tyvm for This I can just wipe the system and flash the global version from my USB flash drive

bp328i

May 22, 2010
Tampa Bay
The USB otg is only because of decryption.
I bought a SanDisk 128 gb dual USB type-C from Best buy 35 out the door
I get my unlock token from OnePlus tomorrow afternoon. I've never used an OTG but have this one from my Pixel 3 XL with the flash drive attached you think it will work?

Edit: I just plugged it in and I'm able to explore the files on it so I'm thinking it will work.

Attachments

• IMG_20190525_221438.jpg
    IMG_20190525_221438.jpg
    285.7 KB · Views: 506

Exathi

Nov 4, 2018
Salem
I get my unlock token from OnePlus tomorrow afternoon. I've never used an OTG but have this one from my Pixel 3 XL with the flash drive attached you think it will work?

Edit: I just plugged it in and I'm able to explore the files on it so I'm thinking it will work.
This will work I'm going to use that can we also just do an Local update with an unlocked bootloader on the TMobile variant?

criptix

Jul 16, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4
TMobile variant software does not support the option for local upgrade.

I actually got the option to flash from local storage to show by installing the stock apps found around online. This was just me tinkering briefly but it did have issues seeing the files in root, not sure if the T-Mobile one is using a different structure. I do note if you try this method mobile data breaks, I didn't have time to play with it more as I was leaving in vacation and needed a working phone so I factory reset.

I was planning on trying to flash the Android q beta then downgrading to the stock rom. I know it was a folly but was bored.

Last edited:

init_dot_t

Apr 12, 2011
OH
Has anyone else successfully tried this? I'll have my bin tomorrow night but it's been sometime since I flashed or modded a device.

phab3k

Jun 2, 2013
Has anyone else successfully tried this? I'll have my bin tomorrow night but it's been sometime since I flashed or modded a device.

nope, tried it last night and got the qualcomm error, now I think my device is hosed for a while. I can get into stock recovery and twrp though.

phab3k

Jun 2, 2013
Guess you didn't read the part about flashing the 9.5.3 ota to both slots.
I'm Allready on the 9.5.4 now. Also please ask if not sure about something that way we can avoid issues.

i did, problem is when I flashed one side, I got an error about the /data partition when I tried to flash either partition. If the error can be overcome, I'm sure flashing the stock image will be possible.

Last edited:

phab3k

Jun 2, 2013
The data error doesn't pertain to the system or other partitions Just data.
Also did you use USB otg once you were in twrp.

yep, I used my otg adapter from my pixel and a flash drive. when I'm in twrp I can browse and select the file and flashing appears to work, but when I first try to flash after switching to non active partition I get an error. I'm using the stock image from oneplus, OnePlus7ProOxygen_21.O.07_OTA_007_all_1905120542_fc480574576b4843.zip, filesize is about 2.1GB.

Exathi

Nov 4, 2018
Salem
yep, I used my otg adapter from my pixel and a flash drive. when I'm in twrp I can browse and select the file and flashing appears to work, but when I first try to flash after switching to non active partition I get an error. I'm using the stock image from oneplus, OnePlus7ProOxygen_21.O.07_OTA_007_all_1905120542_fc480574576b4843.zip, filesize is about 2.1GB.
Erase the whole system and flash the ota from your flashdrive through TWRP

Reactions: phab3k

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    fastboot twrp.img then choose recovery while in bootloader. Plugged in USB otg and restarted recovery. Pushed reboot button to change to unmodified slot took a backup of boot system and vendor img files. Then since I had the full ota package for us unlocked/global on my drive I chose to install it. Once done I switched back to original slot and installed it again. Reboot and stock 9.5.3.

If anyone can please take a backup of the unmodified boot partition and link it here. I have system and vendor but we need stock boot.img to help others and so we can patch it and TMobile users won't have to flash twrp just to root.
    I'm waiting for the MSM Tool to make the switch, it's just faster, easier and more safe!
    Tyvm for This I can just wipe the system and flash the global version from my USB flash drive

I can only confirm the 9.5.3 will work.
    Also no need to wipe system. After it boots to os you can factory reset to get rid of TMobile apps that we're stored in data

Yes if u can explore files u should be good
    I was wondering if you could send me the Device Unlock app from the Tmobile Dump you have?

The T-Mobile Unlock app uses a different method to unlock your device in comparison to the other firmware. The T-Mobile Unlock app will only be able to unlock your device if it has the T-Mobile GM1915 firmware installed.