• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

For those experiencing random lockups and reboots-Do not RMA your Prime

Search This thread

MRCANNADY

Mar 13, 2009
Hey Guys

Just wanted to give my opinion as I have read constant complaints from people stating that they have received their RMA Primes with the same rebooting/lockup issues as before. The reason why you are still having the same issue is because the software update has not been finalized yet. The good folks over at the Asus RMA department probably will look at your device for a few minutes, and determie that there is no issue,(they wont run graphic intensivie programs which will cause it to crash) or they may even see the reboot issue, and give you another device that will have the same problem. I think it would be best to hold unto your device until the software update is available, this way at least you can update immediately instead of waiting for a RMA device to be returned with the same exact rebooting issue. As I stated before, the problem appears to be a *bad code* thats causing a conflict between ICS and the Nvidia kernel, unfortunately this issue is causing a few Primes to reboot once the fault appears, while others dont reboot at all. As Gary at Asus has stated, Nvidia has sent them an updated kernel to address the issue, however, Asus has to test it BEFORE releasing it to the public.

Reactions: leppie

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey Guys

Just wanted to give my opinion as I have read constant complaints from people stating that they have received their RMA Primes with the same rebooting/lockup issues as before. The reason why you are still having the same issue is because the software update has not been finalized yet. The good folks over at the Asus RMA department probably will look at your device for a few minutes, and determie that there is no issue,(they wont run graphic intensivie programs which will cause it to crash) or they may even see the reboot issue, and give you another device that will have the same problem. I think it would be best to hold unto your device until the software update is available, this way at least you can update immediately instead of waiting for a RMA device to be returned with the same exact rebooting issue. As I stated before, the problem appears to be a *bad code* thats causing a conflict between ICS and the Nvidia kernel, unfortunately this issue is causing a few Primes to reboot once the fault appears, while others dont reboot at all. As Gary at Asus has stated, Nvidia has sent them an updated kernel to address the issue, however, Asus has to test it BEFORE releasing it to the public.