For those who want LTE in Canada

Search This thread

athris

Jan 20, 2011
Just tried to flash the 6506 (xperia zl) baseband on my xperia z (6603) and i got the LTE connection. Here is the proof.

**Do it at your own risk.Please!!!!!!!!!!!, do not !!!!!!! flash anything!!!!!!!! except!!!!!! baseband!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-05-20-14-18-37.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-05-20-14-18-37.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 3,195
  • Screenshot_2013-05-20-14-30-59.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-05-20-14-30-59.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 2,943
Last edited:

LitoNi

May 5, 2012
Vancouver
can you answer the following:

which carrier? Rogers
how long you have LTE for?
can do you a speed test and upload a photo?

thank you

athris

Jan 20, 2011
Rogers in Toronto. IT is on lte for couple hours and here is the speed test

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-05-20-15-40-24.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-05-20-15-40-24.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 1,899
Reactions: LitoNi

sipe1

Jul 31, 2011
What do you think would this work on C6602? I would flash it but my operator does not have LTE signal in my area.

athris

Jan 20, 2011
i didn't wipe anything, but you can try to wipe cache. It should be working fine. i don't know about C6602, i don't have one on my hand.

Reactions: LitoNi

LitoNi

May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Step by Step Instructions

Tested/works on:
  1. Arthis .434 C6603 Rogers from Toronto
  2. Litoni .434 C6603 Fido from Vancouver
  3. Montague .253 C6603 Rogers from Edmonton
  4. forzanerazzurri C6603 Rogers from Calgary
  5. pkw168 C6603 Fido from Edmonton
  6. 100363086 .434 C6603 Rogers from Mississauga
  7. binku C6603 Rogers from Ottawa
  8. mardos C6603 Bell from Toronto
  9. grasshoxda Carbon ROM C6603 Rogers from Ottawa
  10. Urbanos .434 C6603 Rogers from Hamilton Mountain
  11. rcyh .434/.253 C6603 Rogers from Vancouver
  12. chiangiwei C6603 Fido from Surrey
  13. Teknohtc C6603 CM10.1 unknown from Toronto
  14. Litoni .423 C6603 Fido from Vancouver

*Side Note: Some users are reporting that it does not work with CM Roms.

4.1.2 Before you begin

4.1.2 Known issue
Portable Wi-Fi hotspot is broken after flashing C6506 baseband, in other words, wifi hotspot will not work after you flash the baseband.
Edit: Some users are reporting that it works and some doesnt work.

CM 10 works after flashing
.253 works after flashing (needs more confirmation)
.434 some users reporting it doesnt work. (needs more confirmation)

Before you begin

Please read the following instructions thoroughly before attempting to flash your phone. Do this at your own risk.
Make sure you have a working LTE enabled SIM card and LTE data plan (not so sure about old plans), LTE location. No point continuing if you do not have either of these.
No root is required nor does unlocking bootloader is required.

The following procedures are needed just in case you mess up.
  • -If you are new to this:
    1) Back up your (internal) files and external (SD Card if you wish) to your computer.
    2) Full back up with CWM Recovery or whatever if you have it installed. *requires root
    3) Download a working .434 or .253 FW (FTF file) from Xperia Z Android Development so you could flash it back just in case you do mess up.

• -Need to understand how to use flashtool
  • -Make sure you are using the latest flashtool (try the old one if you are having issues)
  • -Make sure you have the correct drivers installed for xperia z (PCC or SUS should do the trick)
  • -If you are still having issues with flashtool and using windows 8, there are extra steps you may need to take
    Above answers can be found [TUTORIAL] HOW TO FLASH STOCK ROMs WITH FLASHTOOL

4.1.2 Instructions to enable stable LTE on C6603 (havent tested on C6602)
  • 1) Download ZL FTF C6506 (confimed working) OR Just the Baseband of C6506 from doomlord (confirmed working), and place the FTF file in C:\Flashtool\firmwares
  • 2) From your device (C6603), set it to USB debugging mode settings > developer tools
  • 3) Open flash tool, select C6506 FTF file (the one you downloaded from step 1) and flash Baseband ONLY, Exclude everything else, and Do Not wipe data, cache, applog.

• READ ME
Most of you are confused with the word "exclude"
you are suppose to check "system, kernel, unknown, fota, partition" and uncheck everything else.

• screen shot here:

• 4) After flashing (it should take a few seconds, not minutes. If minutes, then you have done something wrong.) and rebooting, go and set the correct LTE APN settings for your carrier. See below section "To set your APN settings"
  • 5) Set network mode to LTE(preferred)/WCDMA/GSM Settings > More > Mobile Networks > Network Mode
  • 6) Thank athris :) and me if you want and
    Enjoy the speed of LTE

4.2.2 Before you begin

4.2.2 Known issue
dont know yet, or none

4.2.2 Before you begin

Please read the following instructions thoroughly before attempting to flash your phone. Do this at your own risk.
Make sure you have a working LTE enabled SIM card and LTE data plan (not so sure about old plans), LTE location. No point continuing if you do not have either of these.

1) Back up your (internal) files and external (SD Card if you wish) to your computer.
    2) Full back up with CWM Recovery or whatever if you have it installed. *requires root
    3) Download a working .423 FW (FTF file) from Xperia Z Android Development so you could flash it back just in case you do mess up.

• -Make sure you are using the latest flashtool (try the old one if you are having issues)
  • -Make sure you have the correct drivers installed for xperia z (PCC or SUS should do the trick)
  • -If you are still having issues with flashtool and using windows 8, there are extra steps you may need to take

4.2.2 Instructions to enable stable LTE on C6603 (havent tested on C6602)
  • 1) Download ZL FTF C6506 (confimed working) and place the FTF file in C:\Flashtool\firmwares
  • 2) From your device (C6603), set it to USB debugging mode settings > developer tools
  • 3) Open flash tool, select C6506 FTF file (the one you downloaded from step 1) and flash Baseband ONLY, Exclude everything else, and Do Not wipe data, cache, applog.

• READ ME
you are suppose to check "system, kernel, unknown, fota, partition" and uncheck everything else.

• screen shot here:

• 4) After flashing (it should take a few seconds, not minutes. If minutes, then you have done something wrong.) and rebooting, go and set the correct LTE APN settings for your carrier. See below section "To set your APN settings"
  • 5) Set network mode to LTE(preferred)/WCDMA/GSM Settings > More > Mobile Networks > Network Mode
    Enjoy the speed of LTE

To set your APN settings

Settings > More > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names > New

• Fido LTE APN settings:
APN: LTEMOBILE.APN
Add the following if you want mms too
MMSC: http://mms.fido.ca
MMS Proxy: 205.151.11.13
MMS Port: 80

• Rogers LTE APN settings:
MMSC: http://mms.gprs.rogers.com
MMS Proxy: 10.128.1.69

< Hit the thanks button :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-05-20-13-25-45.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-05-20-13-25-45.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 1,374
  • Screenshot_2013-05-20-13-26-14.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-05-20-13-26-14.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 1,248
  • Screenshot_2013-05-20-13-28-09.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-05-20-13-28-09.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 1,279
  • 254177_10152798087300316_978852916_n.jpg
    254177_10152798087300316_978852916_n.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 1,008
Last edited:

Mr. Droid

Mar 26, 2010
Toronto
Alright, just tested and it works on Fido.

Currently tested on:
Rogers from Toronto
Fido from Vancouver

Instructions to enable Stable LTE on C6603 (havent tested on C6602)

1) Download ZL FTF C6506
2) Set C6603 to USB debugging mode
3) Open flash tool and flash Baseband ONLY, Exclude everything else, and Do not wipe data, cache, applog.
4) After flashing and rebooting, go and set the correct LTE APN settings for your carrier.
5) Set network mode to LTE(preferred)/WCDMA/GSM
6) Thank athris :)

To set your APN settings

Fido LTE APN settings:

Rogers LTE APN settings:

Going to test this. I wonder what happens if we change roms what about going to cm10. Will it still work?

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 2

May 21, 2013
I am currently trying to flash on my c6603 but the process is currently flashing data for 30mins now, is something wrong going on? i am a bit worried.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just tried to flash the 6506 (xperia zl) baseband on my xperia z (6603) and i got the LTE connection. Here is the proof.

**Do it at your own risk.Please!!!!!!!!!!!, do not !!!!!!! flash anything!!!!!!!! except!!!!!! baseband!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Step by Step Instructions

Tested/works on:
    1. Arthis .434 C6603 Rogers from Toronto
    2. Litoni .434 C6603 Fido from Vancouver
    3. Montague .253 C6603 Rogers from Edmonton
    4. forzanerazzurri C6603 Rogers from Calgary
    5. pkw168 C6603 Fido from Edmonton
    6. 100363086 .434 C6603 Rogers from Mississauga
    7. binku C6603 Rogers from Ottawa
    8. mardos C6603 Bell from Toronto
    9. grasshoxda Carbon ROM C6603 Rogers from Ottawa
    10. Urbanos .434 C6603 Rogers from Hamilton Mountain
    11. rcyh .434/.253 C6603 Rogers from Vancouver
    12. chiangiwei C6603 Fido from Surrey
    13. Teknohtc C6603 CM10.1 unknown from Toronto
    14. Litoni .423 C6603 Fido from Vancouver

*Side Note: Some users are reporting that it does not work with CM Roms.

4.1.2 Before you begin

4.1.2 Known issue
    Portable Wi-Fi hotspot is broken after flashing C6506 baseband, in other words, wifi hotspot will not work after you flash the baseband.
    Edit: Some users are reporting that it works and some doesnt work.

CM 10 works after flashing
    .253 works after flashing (needs more confirmation)
    .434 some users reporting it doesnt work. (needs more confirmation)

Before you begin

3) Download a working .434 or .253 FW (FTF file) from Xperia Z Android Development so you could flash it back just in case you do mess up.

4.1.2 Instructions to enable stable LTE on C6603 (havent tested on C6602)
    • 1) Download ZL FTF C6506 (confimed working) OR Just the Baseband of C6506 from doomlord (confirmed working), and place the FTF file in C:\Flashtool\firmwares

• READ ME

• screen shot here:

Enjoy the speed of LTE

4.2.2 Before you begin

4.2.2 Known issue
    dont know yet, or none

4.2.2 Before you begin

3) Download a working .423 FW (FTF file) from Xperia Z Android Development so you could flash it back just in case you do mess up.

4.2.2 Instructions to enable stable LTE on C6603 (havent tested on C6602)
    • 1) Download ZL FTF C6506 (confimed working) and place the FTF file in C:\Flashtool\firmwares

• READ ME

• screen shot here:

Enjoy the speed of LTE

To set your APN settings

• Fido LTE APN settings:

• Rogers LTE APN settings:

< Hit the thanks button :)
    Another report...my C6603 just updated to stock Hong Kong ROM 4.2.2 with build number 10.3.A.0.423. Lost the LTE with this stock baseband.

The baseband number now is 9x15A-ACEFWMAZQ-30110049-34

Anyone knows that is it safe to flash the baseband with C6506 v4.1.2 ftf's baseband on a 4.2.2?

Also anyone knows how to take screenshot now on 4.2.2? Now holding down the power button only gets Power off and Airplane mode options...Take screenshot option is gone...

I'm UK unbranded and was also thinking the same thing(Whenever i receive the update that is). Waiting for a reply too.

just did it on my c6603.

1)download any 4.2.2 c6603 ftf, flash the entire file and wipe everything
    2)download [FTF] Xperia ZL (C6506) 4.2.2 - 10.3.A.0.423 - Generic US Firmware and flash the baseband only, same procedures as before.
    3)set the correct apn settings
    4)bam! LTE!
    Not sure if i'm supposed to just unplug the device and try again?? any advice?

***EDIT
    tried the x32 flashtool, same thing, hangs at 66%....

downloaded tool 0.9.10.1
    downloaded FTF C6506 .434 - placed in firmwares folder C:\flashtool\firmwares
    plug in XZ to usb
    open flash tool x64
    click on firmware ftf etc
    uncheck everything except baseband as instructed (very simple stuff)
    flashtool says to power down my phone, hold down the back key (volume down button) and plug in
    plug in to usb - zips through quickly gets stuck at 66% :( :( :(
    unplug and try again...

***EDIT2*** kept trying about 4x now, always gets stuck at 66% - but this last time, when i rebooted, it seems to have taken (despite being stuck at 66%) - my baseband is the same as LitoNi's (9x15A-ACEFWMAZQ-30110017-11
    i'll have to test it out and see - odd thing, it reset my keyboard preferences.

Please do read the instructions carefully.
    If you are using windows 8 please follow this guide to correctly install flashtool and xperia z drivers.

screen shot here:

Im on Pananiodandroid AOKP ROM will this still work or do i have to be on a Sony ROM? Thanks! :D BTW i have a 6603! :D

Only way to find out is to try it and report back. Earlier someone tried it with carbon rom and it worked.

how do i enter flash mode? I tried the back button + USB and Volume down + USB and doesn't want to connect.....BTW i am on AOKP panaiodandroid ROM. Also, the USB Debug is on.

Can someone please give me instruction how to flash it? Again I plug in the phone with the 6603 tft (HK) selected and when I click flash it just stay on the screen where it ask me to Hold DOWN and power...BUT it didn't recognize the phone connection...

Please follow this guide

PS: i also updated the instructions, i hope its more clear now.
    here is just the baseband of C6506 LTE

no need to download full firmware ;)

can someone please test if it works?