How To Guide [CLOSED] {Mod edit: Title removed}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

HappyTrix

Apr 2, 2023
root and non root method doesnt work for my poco f3 with xiaomi.eu, i tried global too

nhquocnam

Apr 20, 2023
is there any way to force it from 120hz to 60hz instantly when i stop swiping? it only works when brightness is above 50%, if below 50% it's always 120hz

techieB0y

Apr 23, 2023
I cant seem to get my ADB to work u have any guides? and there is no "console" in the platform tools folder please help me :(

SooRaj SuResh

Oct 6, 2017
I'm getting an error while running the adb command :

Exception occurred while executing 'put':
java.lang.SecurityException: Permission denial: writing to settings requires:android.permission.WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS
at com.android.providers.settings.SettingsProvider.enforceWritePermission(SettingsProvider.java:2331)
at com.android.providers.settings.SettingsProvider.mutateSecureSetting(SettingsProvider.java:1768)
at com.android.providers.settings.SettingsProvider.insertSecureSetting(SettingsProvider.java:1719)
at com.android.providers.settings.SettingsProvider.call(SettingsProvider.java:467)
at android.content.ContentProvider.call(ContentProvider.java:2533)
at android.content.ContentProvider$Transport.call(ContentProvider.java:530)
at com.android.providers.settings.SettingsService$MyShellCommand.putForUser(SettingsService.java:382)
at com.android.providers.settings.SettingsService$MyShellCommand.onCommand(SettingsService.java:278)
at com.android.modules.utils.BasicShellCommandHandler.exec(BasicShellCommandHandler.java:97)
at android.os.ShellCommand.exec(ShellCommand.java:38)
at com.android.providers.settings.SettingsService.onShellCommand(SettingsService.java:50)
at android.os.Binder.shellCommand(Binder.java:1054)
at android.os.Binder.onTransact(Binder.java:882)
at android.os.Binder.execTransactInternal(Binder.java:1290)
at android.os.Binder.execTransact(Binder.java:1249)

Unknown.Guy

Aug 25, 2016
Very good find! I had it working on MIUI 13 but I had been waiting to get it working on MIUI 14 since forever, didn't know we had to modify the secure table for this. Also, do you know any more efficient ways to do this with root? I am always rooted.

Unknown.Guy

Aug 25, 2016
I'm getting an error while running the adb command :

Exception occurred while executing 'put':
java.lang.SecurityException: Permission denial: writing to settings requires:android.permission.WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS
at com.android.providers.settings.SettingsProvider.enforceWritePermission(SettingsProvider.java:2331)
at com.android.providers.settings.SettingsProvider.mutateSecureSetting(SettingsProvider.java:1768)
at com.android.providers.settings.SettingsProvider.insertSecureSetting(SettingsProvider.java:1719)
at com.android.providers.settings.SettingsProvider.call(SettingsProvider.java:467)
at android.content.ContentProvider.call(ContentProvider.java:2533)
at android.content.ContentProvider$Transport.call(ContentProvider.java:530)
at com.android.providers.settings.SettingsService$MyShellCommand.putForUser(SettingsService.java:382)
at com.android.providers.settings.SettingsService$MyShellCommand.onCommand(SettingsService.java:278)
at com.android.modules.utils.BasicShellCommandHandler.exec(BasicShellCommandHandler.java:97)
at android.os.ShellCommand.exec(ShellCommand.java:38)
at com.android.providers.settings.SettingsService.onShellCommand(SettingsService.java:50)
at android.os.Binder.shellCommand(Binder.java:1054)
at android.os.Binder.onTransact(Binder.java:882)
at android.os.Binder.execTransactInternal(Binder.java:1290)
at android.os.Binder.execTransact(Binder.java:1249)

Try with granting permission to the app. Even with that you will get an error which you can solve as follows:

greatgrandking

Nov 16, 2012
Changing refresh rate via ADB doesn't work for me either. Xiaomi changed something in the permissions again during one of the updates. I just updated my thread, so try second method through the Settings Database Editor app, because I checked and it works for me on Xiaomi.eu weekly 23.5.22.
Database editor is not working for me , neither adb .
YouTube ,games etc go back to 60 automatically

Any ideas ?

I need 120 Hz ... So even if I need to go back MIUI 13, I can do that ... So you think it will work?
Or any other work around

My phone is non rooted

greatgrandking

Nov 16, 2012

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-07-01-00-26-52-444_com.netvor.settings.database.editor.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-07-01-00-26-52-444_com.netvor.settings.database.editor.jpg
    296.6 KB · Views: 142
  • Screenshot_2023-07-01-00-27-03-075_com.google.android.youtube.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-07-01-00-27-03-075_com.google.android.youtube.jpg
    672.3 KB · Views: 147
Last edited by a moderator:

fir1996

Oct 24, 2013
Xiaomi 12T Pro
No I did .... See refresh rate still adaptive
Dude here is the solution that worked for me just use third party program to disable system app called "battery and performance" then you will have 120HZ at all time on all apps.

This is tested and it's working 100%

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-07-01-00-54-20-154_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-07-01-00-54-20-154_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    261.7 KB · Views: 177

greatgrandking

Nov 16, 2012
You can disable "battery and performance" via ADB
Code:
adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.miui.powerkeeper

If you disable this system app, you will lose features such as "battery saver" with which you can limit the background activity of the apps. In Game Turbo you will lose the ability to switch between balance and performance. Your battery may drain faster, but that's your choice.
Yeah I need 120 for game, otherwise this phone is useless to me. P.s. I tried to disable battery and performance via ADB but I got an error , then as a last resort I uninstalled battery and performance via ADB it successfully uninstalled, but it did not work for constant 120hz, then phone got bootloop ... I reset the phone.
I tried to downgrade to miui 13 but doesn't look like it can be done easily.

Now I have two options find a way to install the pixel experience rom ...where you might get the force max refresh rate from developer options or root the phone and install the xposed framework type of module for max refresh rate ...

So fricking stupid stuff

fir1996

Oct 24, 2013
Xiaomi 12T Pro
Yeah I need 120 for game, otherwise this phone is useless to me. P.s. I tried to disable battery and performance via ADB but I got an error , then as a last resort I uninstalled battery and performance via ADB it successfully uninstalled, but it did not work for constant 120hz, then phone got bootloop ... I reset the phone.
I tried to downgrade to miui 13 but doesn't look like it can be done easily.

Now I have two options find a way to install the pixel experience rom ...where you might get the force max refresh rate from developer options or root the phone and install the xposed framework type of module for max refresh rate ...

So fricking stupid stuff
Wait let me look it up, I swear it worked for me and many others.

Very weird that it didn't for you :/

Edit: it's called ADP AppControl, just look for the app and disable it only!

Last edited:

greatgrandking

Nov 16, 2012
Ok so ..just an update. I disable battery and performance from this above mentioned app ... But it didn't resolve the adaptive refresh rate thing. Xiaomi has done bad ... And made sure it can't be forced to 120hz .

So next steps ... I unlocked the bootloader...waiting for 168 hour before I can unlock ...

Which is going to be this Sunday .

After bootloader unlock.. I will fastboot boot image magisk patched to root the device

After root I will try the module mentioned on this thread ...

If that doesn't work ...I will try pixel experience rom ...

If that doesn't work ... I will buy OnePlus 11

Reactions: fir1996
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Mod edit: Content of opening post removed as OP requested closure of the thread. Oswald Boelcke, Senior Moderator
    Yeah but its most of the time at 120 btw, only you tube and tik tok seems to lower it at 60,
    I miss my poco f3... They have all custom rom they want pfff, i sold to my brother ...
    Ok so ..just an update. I disable battery and performance from this above mentioned app ... But it didn't resolve the adaptive refresh rate thing. Xiaomi has done bad ... And made sure it can't be forced to 120hz .

So next steps ... I unlocked the bootloader...waiting for 168 hour before I can unlock ...

Which is going to be this Sunday .

After bootloader unlock.. I will fastboot boot image magisk patched to root the device

After root I will try the module mentioned on this thread ...

If that doesn't work ...I will try pixel experience rom ...

If that doesn't work ... I will buy OnePlus 11