• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Force 90hz refresh rate

Search This thread

muca89

Nov 24, 2020
Hi

Is there a way to force 90hz refresh rate system-wide? Apps like Samsung Internet or YouTube can only be used with 60hz.

There is a way to do that for the OnePlus Nord 1 by executing the following ADB command, but it didn't work for my Nord 2:

adb shell settings put global oneplus_screen_refresh_rate 0

Any ideas?

HoBnoBS

Sep 12, 2021
Hi - I'm having the same issue. The oneplus_screen_refresh_rate 0 appears to do nothing on this model. Attached is my global (without the grep refresh). Sadly I already tried adding oneplus_screen_refresh_rate, you can also see a mistype of oneplus_sccreen_refresh_rate, and a speculative oplus_screen_refresh_rate which I added based off other items in the global file.

Attachments

• Nord2_global.txt
    10 KB · Views: 17

nealyblue

Nov 12, 2010
Also tried this app, got the toggles to show 90Hz for each app but the dev frequency tool showed most still dropped to 60Hz. I assume this app is just adjusting the oneplus_screen_refresh_rate setting.
This is a massive deal breaker for me, my Nord 2 arrives tomorrow and is being sent straight back. These are now nothing more than Oppo handsets in Oneplus branding. If you check the Oppo forums this is a known issue where Oppo decide which apps can and cannot run at the higher RR and as far as I can tell there is no fix either (certainly not without root). As Samsung internet is my browser of choice not Chrome (which will run at 90hz) this is something I refuse to live with, all other manufacturers have no issue running this app at the HRR.

HoBnoBS

Sep 12, 2021
This is a massive deal breaker for me, my Nord 2 arrives tomorrow and is being sent straight back. These are now nothing more than Oppo handsets in Oneplus branding. If you check the Oppo forums this is a known issue where Oppo decide which apps can and cannot run at the higher RR and as far as I can tell there is no fix either (certainly not without root). As Samsung internet is my browser of choice not Chrome (which will run at 90hz) this is something I refuse to live with, all other manufacturers have no issue running this app at the HRR.
Can you please give it a go before you send it back and let me know how it goes? This was my first attempt at using the ADB tool and was operating on less than 3 hours sleep (though I am a generally competent person technically).

nealyblue

Nov 12, 2010
Ok, I have tried all fixes and I still cannot get all apps to run at 90HZ, Samsung internet and google photos still run at 60hz despite trying AutoHZ with the Nord 2 fix and also trying the ADB commands above. I am returning this handset and it will be the last Oneplus (OPPO) phone I buy,

sakarya1980

Sep 29, 2004
OnePlus 7
OnePlus 7T
Ok, I have tried all fixes and I still cannot get all apps to run at 90HZ, Samsung internet and google photos still run at 60hz despite trying AutoHZ with the Nord 2 fix and also trying the ADB commands above. I am returning this handset and it will be the last Oneplus (OPPO) phone I buy,
A global function not possible at the moment. this regulates a file refresh_rate_config.xml namely, which is in my_products .. this file cannot be edited .. not yet :)

Attachments

• refresh_rate_config.txt.zip
    36.6 KB · Views: 4

HoBnoBS

Sep 12, 2021
sakarya - sorry can you please explain what those commands do? I'm trying to force a specific app to run at 90Hz that only wants to run at 60Hz.
Thanks!

sakarya1980

Sep 29, 2004
OnePlus 7
OnePlus 7T
After restart not work. For automatic start on reboot use FKM

Put this Script
In folder scripts in franco.kernel_updater and go to FKM

Screenshot_2021-09-22-14-38-02-03_f87a76b94b6e55ccb7085e315ba2641a.jpg

Attachments

• force90Nord.sh
    56 bytes · Views: 2