How To Guide Force full screen on all aps and force rotation to landscape

Search This thread

Admiral Oden

Jan 5, 2022
Forcing full screen:
Navigate to Main Screen > Display size under settings and set each app to Full Screen

Force Rotation:
Install the app called Rotation | Orientation Manager by Pranav Pandey from the play store
Set it to Full Sensor OVERRIDE SYSTEM and give it any permissions it asks for.
Set it to Start on boot within its settings.
I expected to, but did not have to, set it to run in the background or tell it to auto boot within battery optimization. It has been working for over a week now.
I turned off notifications so it runs silently.

conceptgate

Thanks for this, its a very useful app! However, I just realised I don't really need it!

When I first setup the Find N, I set every app to Full Screen (as you do), thinking why wouldn't you want as much screen as possible for every app? Some of those apps will only display in portrait, hence the problem that when they start up on the folding screen, they automatically rotate 90 degress, and therefore you have to turn the device to portrait to use the app.

But I just realised that almost all the apps I have (like 99.9%) that will only display in portrait, do not need the extra width of the folding screen, and in fact end up stretched width wise. As such, if you just put those apps back to a 4:3 ratio rather than full screen (which still uses most of the screen), then they display on the folding screen in landscape (though with grey bars down each side). Another benefit is that they also don't look stretched anymore.

conceptgate

Great alternative, thanks.
No worries. Having just been through all my portrait apps and done this, I've also noticed that almost none of them benefit from the extra width even when they have it as they haven't been written to take advantage of it, so are either streched or have loads of space either side. Most are also the types of apps I don't care about using all the screen for, such as banking, parking, or food delivery, etc. All the apps that really benefit from spreading out such as messaging, media, video, and productivity apps, etc., already work in landscape and don't rotate.

lombrozo

Mar 6, 2005
I like to use side-by-side when unfolded, so this isn't an issue for me. Would be nice to easily swap out apps when I'm in SBS tho, currently I have to change one to floating, close it, then do the 2-finger ale again...

Madxd

Jan 12, 2022
Screenshot_2022-01-20-15-27-33-53_e4424258c8b8649f6e67d283a50a2cbc.jpg

I use Easy screen rotation manager

In the play store by JVR DEVELOPMENTS

when UNFOLD I choose landscape

conceptgate

View attachment 5513477

I use Easy screen rotation manager

In the play store by JVR DEVELOPMENTS

when UNFOLD I choose landscape

There is another one called Rotation mentioned above; however, other than I rarely need it anymore, it is not folding phone aware, and therefore you can't have different settings for the outer screen versus the inner screen, so if you force landscape on the inner screen then it will do the same on the outer screen.

Does this app allow you to set different preferences for the outer screen vs the inner screen?

conceptgate

I like to use side-by-side when unfolded, so this isn't an issue for me. Would be nice to easily swap out apps when I'm in SBS tho, currently I have to change one to floating, close it, then do the 2-finger ale again...
You can swap out apps in SBS if you put them on the pop out sidebar; then you can drag the icon to replace the app in which ever of the side you want.

Jan 20, 2022
I love the forced rotation setting. Is there any way to have the settings attached to the system drop-down settings? For example, if I turn auto-rotate on the phone, it automatically turns on 'Forced Auto Rotate' from the app? Not sure if that's a possibility.

MobilejackYT

Jun 30, 2018
Since the last system update, the app no longer works properly for me. Does anyone else have this problem?

ciaranjmcgov

Oct 3, 2021
Forcing full screen:
Navigate to Main Screen > Display size under settings and set each app to Full Screen

Force Rotation:
Install the app called Rotation | Orientation Manager by Pranav Pandey from the play store
I expected to, but did not have to, set it to run in the background or tell it to auto boot within battery optimization. It has been working for over a week now.
I've been trying to find a fix for my old J3 (2016) that I'm using for a personal project and now I can have it (almost) permanently in landscape mode!!

Thank you for sharing this :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Forcing full screen:

Force Rotation: