• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

force wearable app to scan qr code?

Search This thread

glenner05

Jul 4, 2007
antwerp
Is there any way to force the galaxy wearable app to pop up the qr code scanning option in order to download an esim profile to my german watch 46 lte? My phone has a Belgian sim card but the watch is german DBT. When I open the esim settings in the watch i usually get an error saying my network isn't supported, which actually is true (no esim providers in Belgium for the moment). So I don't see a qr code option unfortunately. However a few months ago I suddenly saw the qr option popping up, although still no esim support for my provider. But this way a was able to scan and download an esim profile from a foreign roaming provider, and it worked.
Unfortunately since a few weeks (or maybe after a wearable app update) the qr option dissapeared again. Does anybody know a way to get this option back? The esim I downloaded back then ofcourse is still working , but its data only and I would like to change to another esim provider, but I can't because the qr code option is gone...

Reactions: adfree

danergo

Sep 14, 2017
1.) Open "Galaxy Wearable" on your phone
2.) Make sure it's connected to your watch via Bluetooth
3.) 3 lines on top-left corner to open drawer then select "About Galaxy Wearable"
4.) On this screen you'll see version numbers.
5.) Touch 5 times on the Version of "Watch xy Plugin"
6.) Select "Test ESIM Feature" from this hidden menu
7.) Then you can change "Current QR TestMode: off" -> to "Current QR TestMode: on"

After these steps whenever you want to add a provider to your watch, Wearable app will always be forced to open the QR reader during the ESim activation.

Reactions: bigcid10

srikp

Apr 23, 2011
Just got my hands on a Samsung Watch 4 with LTE in UK. Above tip doesn't seem to work anymore. Any other way to enter a QR code?

Currently, it just redirects me to my phone provider without giving an option for QR code.

danergo

Sep 14, 2017
My settings screen has been changed and I can't touch the version 5 times anymore.
It seems Samsung has closed this hole with the new Wearable application.

@newbagain: could you post your screenshot of the about section?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210923-124908_Watch Active2 Plugin.jpg
    Screenshot_20210923-124908_Watch Active2 Plugin.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 6

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Is there any way to force the galaxy wearable app to pop up the qr code scanning option in order to download an esim profile to my german watch 46 lte? My phone has a Belgian sim card but the watch is german DBT. When I open the esim settings in the watch i usually get an error saying my network isn't supported, which actually is true (no esim providers in Belgium for the moment). So I don't see a qr code option unfortunately. However a few months ago I suddenly saw the qr option popping up, although still no esim support for my provider. But this way a was able to scan and download an esim profile from a foreign roaming provider, and it worked.
    Unfortunately since a few weeks (or maybe after a wearable app update) the qr option dissapeared again. Does anybody know a way to get this option back? The esim I downloaded back then ofcourse is still working , but its data only and I would like to change to another esim provider, but I can't because the qr code option is gone...
    1.) Open "Galaxy Wearable" on your phone
    2.) Make sure it's connected to your watch via Bluetooth
    3.) 3 lines on top-left corner to open drawer then select "About Galaxy Wearable"
    4.) On this screen you'll see version numbers.
    5.) Touch 5 times on the Version of "Watch xy Plugin"
    6.) Select "Test ESIM Feature" from this hidden menu
    7.) Then you can change "Current QR TestMode: off" -> to "Current QR TestMode: on"

After these steps whenever you want to add a provider to your watch, Wearable app will always be forced to open the QR reader during the ESim activation.