Ford Fiesta Steering Wheel buttons not working

Search This thread

WarOfDevil

Apr 11, 2020
Hello everybody, I really don't know who to ask for help so I hope I am in the correct area of the forum.
I recently replaced the radio on my European Ford Fiesta 2011 1.2L Petrol with an Android unit from Aliexpress. The unit is the one here:

radio.png

Unfortunately the only thing that doesn't work are my steering wheel buttons. I only have a set of them placed on the left side of the steering wheel.
wheel.png

This is becoming annoying, especially because today I almost run into a car accident while decreasing the music volume on the unit itself.

Now, Aliexpress doesn't want to refund or replace the product, because according to them it should work straight away. But I remember that when I ordered the unit there was a customer comment saying that didn't work for him as well, but he fixed it doing some rewiring (I remember mentioning pink and brown something like that. Unfortunately the comment has been removed, and it was in russian). Obviously I tried to connect pink and brown together and doesn't work.
I will add the pictures of all the connectors, I managed to find online the pinout with all the wiring colors. The unit came with some kind of CAN decoder, what's written on the label is:
P/N: FORD-RZ-11
SW: 0003
HW: GM-ND03
FOR: 09-12
(190216)
The rest is in Chinese, the QR code doesn't work and if I search on the internet I cannot find anything.

I have also draw a diagram showing the wiring between this box, the main car connector and the back of the radio unit.

C1.jpg

C2.jpg

C3.jpg

can.jpg

can-rxtx.jpg

connector-wiring.png

extra.jpg

HTB1i5-Kf-Prrp-K1-Rj-SZTEq6-AWAVXa-I-jpg.png

HTB1itpmhe3t-HKVj-SZSgq6x4-QFXa-A.jpg

HTB1p-Y5m-Pxja-K1-Rj-SZFAq6zd-LFXai-jpg.png

HTB1-QRSDPxna-K1-Rj-SZFtq6z-C2-VXaq-jpg.png

Can someone please help me with this issue? :(

marchnz

Nov 26, 2012
NZ
Suggest having a read through the forums, you'll find alot of discussion on your topic.
Reading might help you understand the issues involved and help form directed questions along the way.

I dont understand the comment around 'aliexpress doesn't want to refund or replace' because the issue you experience is exactly what the aliexpress dispute process is for. Use it.

I've requested mods move this to Android Head units as this isn't an android auto topic.

WarOfDevil

Apr 11, 2020
Thanks for asking to move the thread to the proper section.

I have been reading online for 2 days and I cannot find any answer to my problem. All I know is that my problem is electrical, I am 100% sure about that, I just don't know what to cut and connect together.

WarOfDevil

Apr 11, 2020
Update.

This morning I went in the car and cut pink and brown wire.
I then connected all together pink (SWC1) + Brown + White/Green (SWC2). Doing so when I do the pairing of the buttons on the device I can see that the buttons get detected but still doesn't work. It look like something is shorting and making conflict in the unit.
Now I know that the user feedback on aliexpress was right, I do have an electrical issue and I need to cut and bridge a wire, but I don't know what.

Is there someone good in electronic that can review my connection scheme I made above and help me out? I am willing to pay a beer :)

deelaw12

Jun 8, 2020
Hi
I am having the same issue as you with mine
Did you manage to sort this or could you help me with getting it to recognise the steering controls
Which wires did you wire and what did you do?
The pink wire and brown wire both seem to go into something

deelaw12

Jun 8, 2020
UPDATE

UPDATE:
After messing about with the wiring and doing some research i figured out how to sort it and it worked for me. I had to cut the pink (SW1 wire) and connected this to the pin 10 black (GND) wire from the Connector x1 using some old cable to make it longer and connect them together , this gave a different voltage each time a button was pressed and in the steering wheel learning app it recognised it and i was able to set it up, so far it is all working.

If you need any help you can email me: [email protected] and i will try to help you

Hi
I am having the same issue as you with mine
Did you manage to sort this or could you help me with getting it to recognise the steering controls
Which wires did you wire and what did you do?
The pink wire and brown wire both seem to go into something

DjLukeW

Jul 14, 2010
Stoke-On-Trent
UPDATE:
After messing about with the wiring and doing some research i figured out how to sort it and it worked for me. I had to cut the pink (SW1 wire) and connected this to the pin 10 black (GND) wire from the Connector x1 using some old cable to make it longer and connect them together , this gave a different voltage each time a button was pressed and in the steering wheel learning app it recognised it and i was able to set it up, so far it is all working.

If you need any help you can email me: [email protected] and i will try to help you

Have you got pictures of the wires now and showing how its done? I will have to try it with mine.

LSTRR

Aug 29, 2020
Same problem

Hello,
I'm currently facing the same problem does anybody have pictures from a working set of connections? or a diagram?

Thanks in advance

Robsat

Feb 22, 2021
Hi am facing the same problem does anyone has any pictures of wiring
I have the exact same issue, a few pictures detailing the solution would be greatly appreciated.

Robsat

Feb 22, 2021
Thecproblem on mine is that when i connect the canbus wire on input D .
The volume goes mute and back to normal again and doesn't let the radio work properly.
Any knowledge appreciated

Patrickkk17

Mar 16, 2021
Thecproblem on mine is that when i connect the canbus wire on input D .
The volume goes mute and back to normal again and doesn't let the radio work properly.
Any knowledge appreciated
Do you still have the issue? I had the same and figured it out eventually. Let me know if you need some help

ElKouen

Apr 8, 2021
Hello guys.

Like you I have problems with SWC, also I have only Key 2 wire ( Blue/White) and nothing else no pink wire, seriously I'm lost. Seller in Aliexpress have no idea about what I'm asking. I tried everything wiring cables to each other in all possible combination 🤪🤪🤪, I'm tired and in lack of ideas. If someone had resolve the problem I appreciate any help.
Ford Fiesta Trend 2016

Attachments

• 20210408_133538.jpg
    8.3 MB · Views: 317
  • 20210408_133525.jpg
    14.7 MB · Views: 249
  • 20210408_005224.jpg
    8 MB · Views: 225
  • 20210408_005217.jpg
    7.4 MB · Views: 226
  • 20210408_005147.jpg
    6.7 MB · Views: 230

Patrickkk17

Mar 16, 2021
Hello guys.

Like you I have problems with SWC, also I have only Key 2 wire ( Blue/White) and nothing else no pink wire, seriously I'm lost. Seller in Aliexpress have no idea about what I'm asking. I tried everything wiring cables to each other in all possible combination 🤪🤪🤪, I'm tired and in lack of ideas. If someone had resolve the problem I appreciate any help.
Ford Fiesta Trend 2016
What is connected to your key1 wire?

Reactions: ElKouen

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello guys.

Ford Fiesta Trend 2016
    No key 1 I just have a Key 2 wire. I tried to cut all wires and linked one by one. Finally I connected a white with a blue and I got different voltage. I restored all other and it works now.
    Thank you for your reply I deeply appreciate.