Ford Fiesta Steering Wheel buttons not working

Search This thread

RalfEric

May 21, 2023
Leverkusen
After installation of the new radio I have two usb cables sticking out of the console. Has anybody created a better solution for this? Is there a lid that I could 3d print?

TorstenH

Feb 20, 2021
t.me
Realme GT 2 Pro
After installation of the new radio I have two usb cables sticking out of the console. Has anybody created a better solution for this? Is there a lid that I could 3d print?
You could put one into the glove box. Usually there are enough cutouts to lay the USB cable from the backside of the head unit to the glove box.

If your car has no USB sockets you could connect with the 2nd USB you could install one:
-26310426836569200 (1).jpg

Buying such a socket is cheaper that 3d printing - and may look more professional.

Last edited:

Bembe

May 21, 2023

Jonesy25

May 26, 2023
The original post is the same head unit I have just got, does your Bluetooth audio work when in reverse?

RalfEric

May 21, 2023
Leverkusen
You could put one into the glove box. Usually there are enough cutouts to lay the USB cable from the backside of the head unit to the glove box.

If your car has no USB sockets you could connect with the 2nd USB you could install one:
View attachment 5917543

Buying such a socket is cheaper that 3d printing - and may look more professional.
Thank you for this suggestion. These plugs include an additional cable that I do not quite like. The radio has manufacturer-specific connections so I have to keep the supplied cables. Extending those by another meter seemed unnecessary to me and might even make the usb-connections unreliable. I have therefore ordered pass-through plugs which do not come with an additional cable. (Sorry, no photo yet. I will post a photo once I have installed them. As I have ordered from a german seller, I am not 100% sure about the correct english technical term. In german, my plugs are called ‚USB Durchgangsbuchse‘.)

ElKouen

Apr 8, 2021
Hello guys, I see we have made improvment in regard to SWC wiring and I'm so happy for all of us. In 2020 I acquired a Topway TS9 V4.3 android HU and after several hours of work and search I found how to setup the SWC that are working. But now I wonder why radio panel buttons (see photo) are not working. If any one have any hint I would appreciate your help 😘😘😘

Attachments

• auto_fiesta_van_42_piccola.jpg
    auto_fiesta_van_42_piccola.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 37
  • auto_fiesta_van_43_piccola.jpg
    auto_fiesta_van_43_piccola.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 36

RalfEric

May 21, 2023
Leverkusen
Hello guys, I see we have made improvment in regard to SWC wiring and I'm so happy for all of us. In 2020 I acquired a Topway TS9 V4.3 android HU and after several hours of work and search I found how to setup the SWC that are working. But now I wonder why radio panel buttons (see photo) are not working. If any one have any hint I would appreciate your help 😘😘😘
You have a Fiesta mk6 too? In that case, swc is connected by ‚the pink wire‘ (see above) and the other buttons are connected via the can bus. If your panel buttons do not work check the configuration of your can bus adapter. As described above, there might be more than one possibility and you have to try out which one works.

ElKouen

Apr 8, 2021
As you can see, for SWC I have only Key 2 (blue wire) I connected it to black wire of plug shown in picture and everything works. For CAN I only tried Ford fiesta config, I''ll try all others for ford and other car brands 🤗🤗🤗 thank you for your time to reply ...After try I'll tell you
16859088835375375579087089185293.jpg

ElKouen

Apr 8, 2021
After several tries... I think there is something wrong with wiring, I restored the original screen (alone) and panel buttons start to work correctly. Later I will post picture of all wires and harness, I'm tired and need your help

Lotionbaby

Oct 4, 2023
Is the correct info selected in the factory settings for the Can Bus?

If yes, see my posts, as I had the same issue, and I ended up buying new wiring which was different than the wiring that came with the unit, and plugged in, and everthing was working.
Hi guys ive got the same android head unit and after installing it ive got the same problem with the swc. But also the headunit does not seem to turn off even when ive fully locked the car so im having to disconnect my battery so it doesnt drain it. It also seems to disable my car key as my lock/unlock button doesnt work after the head unit boots up. Has anyone come across the same problems, its starting to do my head in and im thinking to just swap it back to factory 😞

Attachments

• IMG_9077.jpeg
    IMG_9077.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 57
  • 71742285896__C565E36C-50F2-4D40-A75C-95785727C90A.jpeg
    71742285896__C565E36C-50F2-4D40-A75C-95785727C90A.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 47
  • IMG_9076.jpeg
    IMG_9076.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 41
  • 71741601572__60ACAD74-8BE8-428C-B737-16A21BE4A174.jpeg
    71741601572__60ACAD74-8BE8-428C-B737-16A21BE4A174.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 52
  • IMG_9075.jpeg
    IMG_9075.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 59

Lotionbaby

Oct 4, 2023
Hi guys ive got the same android head unit and after installing it ive got the same problem with the swc. But also the headunit does not seem to turn off even when ive fully locked the car so im having to disconnect my battery so it doesnt drain it. It also seems to disable my car key as my lock/unlock button doesnt work after the head unit boots up. Has anyone come across the same problems, its starting to do my head in and im thinking to just swap it back to factory 😞
My radio panel buttons are working and the head unit seems to work properly too, just the 3 problems i mentioned. Ive gone ahead and ordered the wiring harness and hopefully that fixes it

nneesstt

Sep 22, 2017
Hi, did you finally sorted it out? I'm having the exact same problem here.
I kind of got it fixed, so I'll post my solution just in case it helps someone.
It's a 2009 Fiesta with the red screen. Connecting both connectors to the Junsun radio made the car not being able to lock with the remote key, the frontal panel and steering wheel control weren't working and the radio never turned off when stoping the car.
The seller told me to cut the Vcc red cable from the main connector:
1700554036644.png

and doing this fixed almost everything: Frontal panel buttons working, remote locking key working and radio turning off when the car is turned off (Also some configuration had to be done on the radio -> on standby select: never turn to standby).
The only thing not working so far is the steering wheel controls, which I guess can be fixed by rewiring the key1/2 pink cable as mentioned in this post before, but haven't tried it.

tolisz78xda

Apr 9, 2023
Dear all i want your help. I have a fiesta 2010 titanioum and i have installed junsun v1 pro with hiworld can bus and everything worked ok for 8 months. Since yesterday i face a problem with the ambient lights in the interior. everytime i started the car and the junsun radio the ambient light it turns off even if its marked on and i need to remark it from the junsun car settings menu to light again This happens every time. when i turn off the car the light stays on lock and unlock the car it turns on the ambient light but when i start the car it turns off. with the original radio works ok. DO you have any pinout diagram for the cars connector FCDIM (radio screen) to search the commant or from where is coming the problem??I reset canbus but the same problem. When i disconect the hiworld the ampient light works k but when i connect it again it turns off. Any help??

M_4axx

Aug 9, 2023
There's are two different ways the SWC works:
1. Via Canbus. In this case the correct canbus settings are required on the head unit and it's important to know that not all cars propagate the SWC to its canbus. So it may not work for your car even there is a canbus box in place.
The key functions are fix defined by the head unit firmware and can't be changed by the SWC settings app to assign functions to the buttons of the steering wheel.

2. Via resistance. The buttons of the steering wheel build a resistance matrix. You car has a KEY wire and a KEY GND wire and depending on which key you press the resistance changes (can be checked by measuring the resistance between KEY and Key GND with a multimeter).
The head unit has a connection for KEY1, KEY2 and KEY GND. KEY2 is only needed if you have a steering wheel with many buttons and your car manufacturer implemented two resistant matrices.
In this case the SWC settings app can be used to assign specific functions to the buttons.
Hi, TorstenH again,as i understand all ford panels ICFAE and ICFAB are working on can it called MM-CAN, and steering wheel audio buttons also connected in to this network. via cable managment. im my can logger in HU i can catch this can codes.

i got small post about it here --> https://www.drive2.ru/l/650722318472983192/

i think common problem of comenters in up here, that is wrong wiring, or wrong canbus settings in HU.
and there is two diferent swc buttons cases. M logo and speaking man logo. so it sync systems and non sync system.
but i think there is after 2013 year they all equiped with sync module, and wires little bit changed.

in non sync systems all connected to cd changer, but in sync system everything goes in to apim module or sync module , usb, aux, mic and other stuff.

its stay At the passenger in the legs, behind the mess.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,
    Recently bought junsun android radio for fiesta mk7 (2009). And I'm having the problem with swc, its working but once i click volume - its increasing volume, if i press the vol+ its changing for the next song. I mean the buttons are doing other things then they suppose to. (I have the buttons with M in the middle)
    If anybody had the same problem and know the fixing?
    If i'm trying to remap them in swc settings, it still making random staff in background, instead of assinging them.
    You can try to directly connect the SWC of your car to the head unit, instead keep it connected to the can box.
    The learning function is not available if SWC is realized via can box.
    Hello everybody, I really don't know who to ask for help so I hope I am in the correct area of the forum.
    I recently replaced the radio on my European Ford Fiesta 2011 1.2L Petrol with an Android unit from Aliexpress. The unit is the one here:

radio.png

Unfortunately the only thing that doesn't work are my steering wheel buttons. I only have a set of them placed on the left side of the steering wheel.
    wheel.png

This is becoming annoying, especially because today I almost run into a car accident while decreasing the music volume on the unit itself.

Now, Aliexpress doesn't want to refund or replace the product, because according to them it should work straight away. But I remember that when I ordered the unit there was a customer comment saying that didn't work for him as well, but he fixed it doing some rewiring (I remember mentioning pink and brown something like that. Unfortunately the comment has been removed, and it was in russian). Obviously I tried to connect pink and brown together and doesn't work.
    I will add the pictures of all the connectors, I managed to find online the pinout with all the wiring colors. The unit came with some kind of CAN decoder, what's written on the label is:
    P/N: FORD-RZ-11
    SW: 0003
    HW: GM-ND03
    FOR: 09-12
    (190216)
    The rest is in Chinese, the QR code doesn't work and if I search on the internet I cannot find anything.

I have also draw a diagram showing the wiring between this box, the main car connector and the back of the radio unit.

C1.jpg

C2.jpg

C3.jpg

can.jpg

can-rxtx.jpg

connector-wiring.png

extra.jpg

HTB1i5-Kf-Prrp-K1-Rj-SZTEq6-AWAVXa-I-jpg.png

HTB1itpmhe3t-HKVj-SZSgq6x4-QFXa-A.jpg

HTB1p-Y5m-Pxja-K1-Rj-SZFAq6zd-LFXai-jpg.png

HTB1-QRSDPxna-K1-Rj-SZFtq6z-C2-VXaq-jpg.png

Can someone please help me with this issue? :(
    Hi
    I am having the same issue as you with mine
    Did you manage to sort this or could you help me with getting it to recognise the steering controls
    Which wires did you wire and what did you do?
    The pink wire and brown wire both seem to go into something
    Hello guys.

Like you I have problems with SWC, also I have only Key 2 wire ( Blue/White) and nothing else no pink wire, seriously I'm lost. Seller in Aliexpress have no idea about what I'm asking. I tried everything wiring cables to each other in all possible combination 🤪🤪🤪, I'm tired and in lack of ideas. If someone had resolve the problem I appreciate any help.
    Ford Fiesta Trend 2016
    What is connected to your key1 wire?