Question FORGOT miaccount information can't use the phone without my old account

Search This thread

enmaio

Feb 1, 2023
Hello,

I have a big issue with my xiaomi note 10 pro,
i wiped the data but still tell me to login with my miaccount
But i have anything for login in
I wiped the data with MIUI recovery, but style need an account 'gmail our miaccount' for "unlock" the phone,

I hope you understand what i'm saying as frenchi :lul:

Thx for your help.

NOSS8

Recognized Contributor
Hello,

I wiped the data with MIUI recovery, but style need an account 'gmail our miaccount' for "unlock" the phone,

Thx for your help.
The device is linked to a Miui account which must be yours.
Check here:
https://us.i.mi.com/
There is the "forgot password" option.

Reactions: Austinredstoner

NOSS8

Recognized Contributor
i have no password no mail nothing
just a phone blocked....
There is a "root" method or whatever just for unlock the phone withtout using any account
If the phone is not linked to a Xiaomi account this request will never arrive.
This case is frequent with a second-hand phone where the former owner forgot to delete it from his account.
This is one of the security in case of loss or theft of the device.

enmaio

Feb 1, 2023
If the phone is not linked to a Xiaomi account this request will never arrive.
This case is frequent with a second-hand phone where the former owner forgot to delete it from his account.
This is one of the security in case of loss or theft of the device.
so i can't do nothing just watching a phone who i can't use, that's sad...
Any idea ?

Elinx

Jan 5, 2015
Redmi Note 8
Redmi Note 10 Pro
...wiped the data but still tell me to login with my miaccount....
If you never set a security lock, like pin, gesture or fingerprint, there is a small chance to startup again.
Otherwise you can't startup without Mi Service.
If you wiped your data, everything is gone, but not the encryption, so Miui can't acces the data partition. You need to format the data partition for removing that encryption too.

enmaio

Feb 1, 2023
If you never set a security lock, like pin, gesture or fingerprint, there is a small chance to startup again.
Otherwise you can't startup without Mi Service.
If you wiped your data, everything is gone, but not the encryption, so Miui can't acces the data partition. You need to format the data partition for removing that encryption too.
thx for the reply any idea or tutorial to proceed ?

enmaio

Feb 1, 2023
so for resume

i can't use this phone, never again, cause i don't have any user/passw mail mi-account
?
I called a xiaomi center they tell me you need to pay for unlocked the phone.. no sense
this phone gona in the bin

jglm4u

Oct 12, 2011
Redmi Note 10 Pro
You still got some options left...
U can play around and see if it work...
YouTube can lead you for the tools you gonna need...search bypass m account

The other way, is to replace the logic board card ... Easy thing to do... Just make sure order the rite version for your device... That will solve it 100%

x3r0.13urn

Nov 1, 2012
i have no password no mail nothing
just a phone blocked....
There is a "root" method or whatever just for unlock the phone withtout using any account
Mi account sign up process always asks at least one way to verify your account, either it's a phone number or an active email.

Hard to believe just because you said it's "your phone". If it is, the linked mi account can be recovered either by email registered by it or a phone number used to verify the account. Unless both of your email and phone number is already inactive, it just makes the process longer, but still possible.

Reminds me of case of hardware dealer claimed Apple intentionally "lock" their laptops so that they cannot be resold. Whatever he claimed to be, either it's "donated, the owner didn't know", "bought at trusted refurbished reseller" -- when it's locked, it's hard to verify whether it was really donated or just "stolen". Some people would lie to meet their ends.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

Thx for your help.
    The device is linked to a Miui account which must be yours.
    Check here:
    https://us.i.mi.com/
    There is the "forgot password" option.
    I think you are right. Even without some security lockootions. You must pass always the lockscreen.
    But I was under the assumption that you didn't need a Mi account for that.
    Especially if this device has never been linked with a Xiaomi account this cannot happen.
    .... custom recovery..... install a custom rom .... it doesn't ask you for a miui account.
    You can only install a custom recovery and rom if the bootloader is unlocked.
    For that you need a Mi account.
    Because this isn't the case he is complete ruled out.