Former Verizon S9 to Straight Talk help please?

Search This thread

uGoTjHaCkEd

Oct 1, 2022
Hey guys I havnt been on here in a long time had to make a new name, couldnt remember my old name. Anyway I have been researching non stop and I am still confuesed on what firmware file I need to download....

So here is my problem. I just bought a very nice s9 off my boss. he has had it on verizon for years. he upgraded to the s22 so i bought his old phone for $100. We called verizon and had the sim card unlocked. I restarted the phone and installed the sim card out of my Blu View 3 running on Straight Talk...Phone said new Sim need to restart the phone, so I did. Once it was back on everything appeared to be fine such as the phone having my phone number in the about phone section and I was able to make calls. The problem is that my data will not work...No internet. So I began researching and found out that I need to flash the firmware from G960U to G960U1...This is where I get confused...I was unsure If I am supposed to flash a Verizon version of the firmware since the phone is verizon, Or am i supposed to flash a tracphone varriet? I researched more and I think I am supposed to flash the XAA CSC one so that it wont have any carrier info on it and i think then insert my straight talk sim and it should be good??? idk. So I was searching for the XAA firmware download which i think is supposed to look something like G960U1UEU......But I cannot find the one with the correct bootloader version I think it is? In my S9 for build number it says G960USQU9FVB2. So am I right in thinking that i need the firmware to have a 9 in it? Can someone please guide me in the right direction please...I feel lost...

uGoTjHaCkEd

Oct 1, 2022
47 views and 0 replies...You guys made me feel right at home here. lmao, thank you those of you that helped. I decided ****IT and went YOLO. ODIN = PASS. I flashed the USA Unbranded XAA SMG906U1UEU9FVA1. Everything is running fine and works perfect. Thanks again FAM lol