• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Fossil Gen 6 Unlock Bootloader

Search This thread

Toys Samurai

Jan 22, 2011
droidsamurai.blogspot.com
I have heard that Fossil's WearOS watch couldn't do ADB through USB, but I just tried it on my Gen 6 and I could ADB Shell into my watch without Wifi and Bluetooth. So, may be Fossil made changes to their charger. I dunno.

Anyway, did anyone try unlocking the bootloader? I am staring at the bootloader screen right now, and it's very tempting. Anyone knows if unlocking the bootloader would grant me access to the cache partition? I want to put a dummy update.zip there to stop my watch from accepting OTA update.

janjan

Recognized Developer
May 20, 2007
Aalborg
tweaksyourandroid.weebly.com
I have heard that Fossil's WearOS watch couldn't do ADB through USB, but I just tried it on my Gen 6 and I could ADB Shell into my watch without Wifi and Bluetooth. So, may be Fossil made changes to their charger. I dunno.

Anyway, did anyone try unlocking the bootloader? I am staring at the bootloader screen right now, and it's very tempting. Anyone knows if unlocking the bootloader would grant me access to the cache partition? I want to put a dummy update.zip there to stop my watch from accepting OTA update.
It sounds interesting. Please confirm that the adb is working via/through USB. Is it possible to make a video? Thanks in advance.

Toys Samurai

Jan 22, 2011
It sounds interesting. Please confirm that the adb is working via/through USB. Is it possible to make a video? Thanks in advance.
It works. I could even unlock the bootloader. Unfortunately, I don't know enough to get anything out of it.

I have tried fastboot boot a TicWatch's TWRP recovery image, but it ended with an error Dtb not found.

If someone could port TWRP to the Gen 6 and give it root access, it would be wonderful.

I will post a video later tonight.

Reactions: janjan

Toys Samurai

Jan 22, 2011
I noticed one thing while I was unlocking the Gen 6: the USB connection is extremely unreliably. May be it's just my unit, but the connection would drop randomly. Getting ADB to recognize the device again is a big trouble. I often had to try several times, and efforts included detaching/reattaching the watch to the charger, adb kill-server, adb devices again, revoking the PC's access to the watch and re-granting access etc.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It works. I could even unlock the bootloader. Unfortunately, I don't know enough to get anything out of it.

I have tried fastboot boot a TicWatch's TWRP recovery image, but it ended with an error Dtb not found.

If someone could port TWRP to the Gen 6 and give it root access, it would be wonderful.

I will post a video later tonight.