• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Fota unbrick

Search This thread
T

testadeferro

Here is something to repair your bootloader after a FOTA update and phone iIn the package you have flash tool and the files you need.

Just unzip to a folder and then use flash tools.

The needed files are in the right folders.

After this you should have your phone fully back for a fresh rom install.

Use wotanserver to flash a full custom rom of your choice.

http://www.mediafire.com/?h2dwrz18mujx765

T

testadeferro

There´s not much to explain, this .sin and ftf files repair the damage bootloader and the trim area.
If you ´re unable to start phone after a fota update with unlocked bootloader.
Just plug the phone and connect it pressing back button in your xperia neo and press flash on the flashtool. And voila you have you phone live again.

T

testadeferro

It´s good to be helpfull man, fota brick is a serious issue. I´m glad to share this. Don´t forget to click on thanks buttom.

arn01805

Aug 22, 2008
Tried it on my MT15i NEO that got bricked after FOTA yesterday, but doesn't work for me.
I managed to get the 2 files flashed, after, i use wotan to restore latest firmware.
When I try to turn the phone on after this process, only red led flashes 3 times.
SEUS and SE Companion tells me I have software that isn't updatable.
Any other idea's to get my phone back alive?

T

testadeferro

Tried it on my MT15i NEO that got bricked after FOTA yesterday, but doesn't work for me.
I managed to get the 2 files flashed, after, i use wotan to restore latest firmware.
When I try to turn the phone on after this process, only red led flashes 3 times.
SEUS and SE Companion tells me I have software that isn't updatable.
Any other idea's to get my phone back alive?

If you flash the files and wotan recognises your phone and flash´t then your phone is ok.
Try to flash´t first with any 2.3.2 stock rom.

arn01805

Aug 22, 2008
Just used wotan to flash 2.3.2 - 3.0.A.2.181 ROM, but problem stays the same.
After pressing the power button, only the led flashes red 3 times and nothing else happens.

Starting in flash programming mode is difficult too(the back button while connecting the USB). I guess 1 time in 50 tries I get a green led and flashing begins, other times it's just a quick red blink and unrecognised USB device.

I can't access the fastboot blue led mode anymore too (holding menu while connecting USB)

Are there some other options that I can try?

Edit:
Finally got it working after leaving the phone alone to the laptop for half an hour.. Phone just started to boot out of itself.. Very slowly.. it stayed on the SE boot logo for about 5 minutes. After restart and upgrade to latest stock with companion; it works okay again.

Thanks for helping me out!

Last edited:
T

testadeferro

I´m glad your phone is back, try to update it normally now to 2.3.4 and see if the blue lite is back.
Give us here in forum your feedback because this may be helpfull to other users.

arn01805

Aug 22, 2008
I updated to 2.3.4 with SE companion software already and all seems to work okay!
Just tested the blue led/fast boot mode and it works again too.

This is the first and last time i'll do a FOTA upgrade without reading the forum! :)

Thanks again

kirbygonzalo

Sep 26, 2011
Dubai
Here is something to repair your bootloader after a FOTA update and phone iIn the package you have flash tool and the files you need.

Just unzip to a folder and then use flash tools.

The needed files are in the right folders.

After this you should have your phone fully back for a fresh rom install.

Use wotanserver to flash a full custom rom of your choice.

http://www.mediafire.com/?h2dwrz18mujx765

works for me...

s3-f4n

Nov 26, 2011
Bucharest
This is by far the best tool for all of us.
Great job and THANK YOU for this :)
My phone is back :)
P.S.after i use the first tool (loader.sin in my case) i made upgrade on wotanserver with 4.0.2.A.0.42 kernel 2.6.32.9 generic german 2.3.4 (it is only version woking for us)
DO NOT TRY UPDATE WITH PC COMPANION it will brick your phone again (only if you have unlockbootloader)

Last edited:

moheysaleh

Dec 26, 2010
Cairo, Egypt.
hello

i bricked my neo v by flashing a wrong kernel

i downloaded fota unbrick and opened flash tool. it says i should hold the back button while connecting the usb but when i do so the led becomes green. nothing else happens! the phone doesn't turn on, flashtool doesn't recognize it, and the screen doesn't turn on. the led just stays green!

help plz :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    it exactly for these files
    is compatible with other firmware?
    file (Xperia_2011_Range_FreeXperia_ALL.ftf) that function does?, I think that fixes an error
    flashtools tells me to press the back button as i'm connecting the phone via usb so that it would go into flash mode. the problem is that the phone is not going into flash mode nor fastboot mode! the flashtool can't recognize the phone, nor does pc companion.

I can't flash another kernel or do anything because the pc can't see the phone! I have the right ADB drivers and everything!
    Thanks for your detailed explanation though the post you've currently quoted is about 1.5 years old!
    Nevermind,it'd be helpful for further references

Sent from my MT11i using xda premium