[FOUND] OTA Update Link!

Search This thread

binny1007

Jun 29, 2006
Madison
if you want to install this you just downlaod it put it on the root of your sd card, than rename it to update.zip than rebbot to rcovery than select apply update.zip.
Im not saying its ok to install this, as for me i am going to wait for a bot till i can look into more.

ejlax

Aug 29, 2009
i flashed it today and I do NOT have the CorpEmail account. I really hope this doesn't stop me from getting root.

kjwalker

Feb 5, 2010
I wouldn't flash it yet. It contains a recovery image and I don't know if anyone knows for certain what's different about the image.

Honestly77

Dec 10, 2007
I flashed. Not noticing anything unexpected. Im getting my incredible replaced anyway. Sounds like I'm listening to people talk underwater.

tomxtobin

May 6, 2010
I doubt you'd notice anything different; I'm just afraid that they've closed a useful hole.

Now if this thing would just stop asking me every 20-30 minutes ... grrrr.

adrynalyne

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 13, 2008
The update fixes the email client for business users.

The meat of the update they don't tell you about, however, is there is a new recovery image in the updater. So yeah, maybe a hole was closed.

phositadc

May 7, 2010
I held down volume down button and hit power, booted into the prompt, selected "recovery mode," and all I got was a red triangle and exclamation point.

I downloaded the zip, renamed it update.zip, and put it on /sdcard using Astro.

Am I doing something wrong?

swindelljd

Mar 13, 2010
Just checking to see if people successfully installed this OTA update from the mirror site link provided earlier in this thread. I think it's my only chance to go to FroYo without using RUU/wiping the phone.

I figure I can update from 1.22.605.0 with this update and then go to the FroYo thread and run that update. Does that sound like it will work?

H3Dude

Sep 16, 2008
Maryland
Just checking to see if people successfully installed this OTA update from the mirror site link provided earlier in this thread. I think it's my only chance to go to FroYo without using RUU/wiping the phone.

I figure I can update from 1.22.605.0 with this update and then go to the FroYo thread and run that update. Does that sound like it will work?

read the other thread, you need to update to 1.22.605.2 first, easy and does not lose date.

CarlTres

Aug 20, 2010
Root and OTA

I have rooted with unrevoked 3.1 but still have stock 2.1. Do I need to unroot to install the OTA or will the OTA still be pushed to my phone while I am still rooted?