Found solution for Blurry Pics!

Search This thread

Wolfbreak

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 8, 2010
I found the solution for X10. Use SE Sync instead of Google Sync and then open PC Companion on your PC then click SE Sync it should start your Browser log in there and you can edit your Contacts and set there your High Quality Pics for your Friends you must click the 2nd Icon there it shows a Pencil or somethign then add Pic and when your done click refresh right in the bottom and when you set all your Pics go to your Phone and sync your Contacts and now you have HQ Pics on Calls. When you never used SE Sync before you must first register on your Phone. Your Contact should be changed from Phone Contact or Google Sync Contact to a SyncML if its working.

Last edited:

bongd

Jun 20, 2010
I'd rather have it just work in the first place, but thank you for providing another solution. My only concern is that when it syncs again, does it break your address book and corrupt all the entries again? Despite best efforts, I've seen this happen to a lot of people with myself being included. It's so irritating. I know it's something small, but I'm a stickler for quality and hate having 1996 quality JPEG-looking crap show up when loved ones call me :D

Wolfbreak

Aug 8, 2010
I'd rather have it just work in the first place, but thank you for providing another solution. My only concern is that when it syncs again, does it break your address book and corrupt all the entries again? Despite best efforts, I've seen this happen to a lot of people with myself being included. It's so irritating. I know it's something small, but I'm a stickler for quality and hate having 1996 quality JPEG-looking crap show up when loved ones call me :D

What other solution i tried everyone i found on Net this was the only one that worked for me if i set HQ Pic with Mediascape it is HQ everywhere but not in Call Screen but with this it is HQ on Call Screen too. When you Sync with SE Sync the Pic always stays HQ i dont know if the Pic stays HQ when you Sync with Google but you can try it.

bongd

Jun 20, 2010
What other solution i tried everyone i found on Net this was the only one that worked for me if i set HQ Pic with Mediascape it is HQ everywhere but not in Call Screen but with this it is HQ on Call Screen too. When you Sync with SE Sync the Pic always stays HQ i dont know if the Pic stays HQ when you Sync with Google but you can try it.

I may tinker around with it again in the future. I have a replacement handset I really need to setup so maybe I'll just bite the bullet considering how I'll need to invest some time in updating it and doing some testing anyway (have had multiple replacements, trying to get an X10 without low in-call volume).

mipepim

Aug 8, 2008
I found the solution for X10. Use SE Sync instead of Google Sync and then open PC Companion on your PC then click SE Sync it should start your Browser log in there and you can edit your Contacts and set there your High Quality Pics for your Friends you must click the 2nd Icon there it shows a Pencil or somethign then add Pic and when your done click refresh right in the bottom and when you set all your Pics go to your Phone and sync your Contacts and now you have HQ Pics on Calls. When you never used SE Sync before you must first register on your Phone. Your Contact should be changed from Phone Contact or Google Sync Contact to a SyncML if its working.

bravo!!!!!!

Wolfbreak

Aug 8, 2010
For my Pics it worked great all Faces are good to see and all HQ. But maybe some Pics it shows Body instead of Head becouse Pic is long or something but for mine it worked.

Fineri

Sep 9, 2009
What other solution i tried everyone i found on Net this was the only one that worked for me if i set HQ Pic with Mediascape it is HQ everywhere but not in Call Screen

That sounds interesting to try. I had a look around on Google on how to do this but had no luck. Would you be able to spare a sec to explain how you set HQ Pic with Mediascape?

The album art in Mediascape is also similarly blurry which also sucks :confused:

Last edited:

Wolfbreak

Aug 8, 2010
That sounds interesting to try. I had a look around on Google on how to do this but had no luck. Would you be able to spare a sec to explain how you set HQ Pic with Mediascape?

The album art in Mediascape is also similarly blurry which also sucks :confused:

I go to the Pic with Mediascape and then left in the bottom there is a + click this and you can choose set Contact Pic. In 1.6 it worked for Call Screen and Dialer but in 2.1 the HQ Pic is only in Dialer but in Call Screen its blurry becouse it saves the Pic as Thumbnail and when you on Call screen it make small Thumbnail bigger instead of the original HQ Pic, but thats a Android Problem becouse Google crops the Images to 96x96 dont know why they dont make it bigger like 300x300 ore something. But SE Sync take the original HQ Pic and dont change it so it stays HQ and dont make a Thumbnail or crop it. My Mediascape Album Art is good.

I tried the above method ..
Its getting sync with Sony Ericsson but contacts and other data's are not going to Sony site.

Try do deactive or delete Syncing on SE Site it should be in Settings and then set it up new

Last edited:
Reactions: felixpaul

[email protected]

Jan 12, 2009
HEy you guys just go to the contact, click on edit and choose the pic on Timescape instead of the one that appears on your mail account... Easy as that

Sent from my X10a using Tapatalk

Wolfbreak

Aug 8, 2010
HEy you guys just go to the contact, click on edit and choose the pic on Timescape instead of the one that appears on your mail account... Easy as that

Sent from my X10a using Tapatalk

I tried that too but it still is a bit blurry after that but it is a improvement over the rest. The Problem is the Call Screen on the Rest most of the Solutions look good.

katinsh

Mar 21, 2009
Riga
www.meitenes24.lv
I tried that too but it still is a bit blurry after that but it is a improvement over the rest. The Problem is the Call Screen on the Rest most of the Solutions look good.

Hi devs :)
I have noticed this issue if I sync with FACEBOOK APP. But if I sync with TIMESCAPE, it's high res! So, only the crappy Facebook app gives low res fotos.

So, you need to LOG OFF from your Facebook app, and then add account in Timescape.

It will helps you for sure! Happy NY guys! ;)

Last edited:

dante2086

Oct 29, 2010
Abuja
The Sony Ericsson sync thing works perfectly, like he said, go to your sony ericsson sync database on the web, assign a high res pic, preferably from VGA to 2MP, then, sync and the picture appears in the contact's details.
Then, click edit, scroll to the sony ericsson sync picture, click it, and set it as a the contact picture, dial it, and voila, it's not blurred AT ALL, it worked perfectly for me.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I go to the Pic with Mediascape and then left in the bottom there is a + click this and you can choose set Contact Pic. In 1.6 it worked for Call Screen and Dialer but in 2.1 the HQ Pic is only in Dialer but in Call Screen its blurry becouse it saves the Pic as Thumbnail and when you on Call screen it make small Thumbnail bigger instead of the original HQ Pic, but thats a Android Problem becouse Google crops the Images to 96x96 dont know why they dont make it bigger like 300x300 ore something. But SE Sync take the original HQ Pic and dont change it so it stays HQ and dont make a Thumbnail or crop it. My Mediascape Album Art is good.

I tried the above method ..
    Its getting sync with Sony Ericsson but contacts and other data's are not going to Sony site.

Try do deactive or delete Syncing on SE Site it should be in Settings and then set it up new
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone