Four column Program Tab|TFL3D|Manila 2.1|VGA

Search This thread

JVH3

Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 24, 2008
Minneapolis
www.twitter.com
I am creating this thread, because it should be able to be used with any VGA Manila 2.1 device.

Originally I was posting this it 3 threads. But it belongs in it's own thread so the other threads don't get polluted.

Co0kieMonster monster has a thread that accomplishes this for Manila 2.1. Unfortunately that did not work for VGA Manila 2.1.

For WVGA Devices go here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=539107

I took that work and used the tools by stzupy to decompile and make slight changes to allow it to work with VGA. Credit goes to both Co0kieMonster and stzupy.

I only claim credit for making the changes to let this be used with VGA.

But,
I did spend a reasonable amount of time on this, so if you appreciate what I've done and want to buy me a beer by donating, it is appreciated. If not, of course it's free to use. On a side note, I plan to donate to Co0kieMonster and sztupzy based on any donations I recieve for porting this to VGA, since their work made it possible for me to do this work.

To install.

Method 1, the cab.
Disable TFL3D
copy the cab to phone.
Launch the Cab
Install to device.
Enable TFL3D

Method 2, Manual
Disable TFL3D
use the reg file to make the needed registry entries ( either use a program or manually create all of them. The reg file can be opened with notepad.
Copy the 3 Manila files to your phone.
Use total commander on your phone to move these to the windows folder.
Enable TFL3D

Please post in this thread links to ROMs that appear to be using without mentioning that this came from JVH3.

I appreciate donations and being asked. And as I noted portions of donations recieved for this will go to Co0kieMonster and sztupzy. It was sztupzy's tools and Co0kieMonster's work on the WVGA device that I started with.

There is a decent amount of work in learning to decompile and compile manila lua scripts and learning what changes affect what, so it was not a trivial task, but nothing in comparison to the total port of Manila 2.1 to VGA that Yozgatg has done.

As of this edit (February 17th, 2010) I have revieved no donations for it. As donations are recieved, I will post the 5 highest donators in this post, along with the 5 most recent.

Edit
Date=July 25, 2010
Donators - Thank you very much.
Suiller - $15 - May 10 2010 - http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=6439535&postcount=55
Would you buy me beer if I gave you this at a bar.

Here is a donate link: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=7380024

Every couple bucks adds up.

Wow! 2418 downloads as of 2/17/2010, and not a single donatation for my efforts!

Remember, you can stiff your server or bartender, but you shouldn't.

Click the donate link if you use and like this.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=7380024

Last edited:

JVH3

Nov 24, 2008
Minneapolis
www.twitter.com
Screen Captures

Not sure what to do about the graphic issue for - landscape - all programs

But that's prety minor.

Attachments

• ScreenShot6.jpg
    ScreenShot6.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 1,772
  • ScreenShot7.jpg
    ScreenShot7.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 1,048
  • ScreenShot8.jpg
    ScreenShot8.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 974
  • ScreenShot9.jpg
    ScreenShot9.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 743
Last edited:

c_shekhar

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 7, 2005
Great work my friend. I was looking for this. The similar (partial) solutions were not so good...
Thanks a lot..

mwalt2

Feb 22, 2009
Thanks for this. I am not seeing any problems with all programs in landscape, so it must be something specific to the ROM your running or another mod.

cmylxgo

Feb 13, 2007
JVH3...

I see you are using my Pimp Package ;) Anyways...is it cool if I add this to my package? I will give credit and links of course :)

-CMYLXGO

sharkie405

Dec 22, 2008
the depths
So I disabled TF3D, installed the cab to device, soft reset, re-enabled TF3D and... nothing. No programs tab. What am I doing wrong?

JVH3

Nov 24, 2008
Minneapolis
www.twitter.com
So I disabled TF3D, installed the cab to device, soft reset, re-enabled TF3D and... nothing. No programs tab. What am I doing wrong?

Well, I don't have enough info to know what is wrong, but I can ask these questions and give you a few things to check:

Do you have the VGA port of Manila 2.1 installed or included in your ROM?
What device?
What ROM and what date of the ROM?

This does not create the tab, it changes the existing program tab.

If you don't have a program tab, then it might just be disabled.
If you go to the Settings Tab, there is an option, Customize Tabs.
Make sure that Programs is checked.

Hope that helps

sharkie405

Dec 22, 2008
the depths
Well, I don't have enough info to know what is wrong, but I can ask these questions and give you a few things to check:

Do you have the VGA port of Manila 2.1 installed or included in your ROM?
What device?
What ROM and what date of the ROM?

This does not create the tab, it changes the existing program tab.

If you don't have a program tab, then it might just be disabled.
If you go to the Settings Tab, there is an option, Customize Tabs.
Make sure that Programs is checked.

Hope that helps
Sorry what a noob thing to do. I'm running the vga port of 2.1 on Juicy's 8 ROM, build 090830 (released 08/30/09), on a Sprint Touch Pro. There is no programs tab to check under the customize tabs settings. I misunderstood what the cab was, sorry. Any thoughts on where I could go to get info. on creating a programs tab?

I dared to install the cab on a Diamond with custom win6.5/Manila 2.0 ROM.
i got the fourth column......with the first and fourth colums halved by the screen side edges! (no icon resizing to get the 4 columns within screen real estate)
Yes, i know the program says Manila 2.1 not 2.0, but...
why it doesnt work in 2.0?
may we expect a Manila2.0 release soon?
Best regards

cmylxgo

Feb 13, 2007
I dared to install the cab on a Diamond with custom win6.5/Manila 2.0 ROM.
i got the fourth column......with the first and fourth colums halved by the screen side edges! (no icon resizing to get the 4 columns within screen real estate)
Yes, i know the program says Manila 2.1 not 2.0, but...
why it doesnt work in 2.0?
may we expect a Manila2.0 release soon?
Best regards

There is already a cab for 2.0. Do a search and you will find it.

JVH3

Nov 24, 2008
Minneapolis
www.twitter.com
Sorry what a noob thing to do. I'm running the vga port of 2.1 on Juicy's 8 ROM, build 090830 (released 08/30/09), on a Sprint Touch Pro. There is no programs tab to check under the customize tabs settings. I misunderstood what the cab was, sorry. Any thoughts on where I could go to get info. on creating a programs tab?

Wow, no programs tab.

There is probably some manila file that just needs to be replaced, because the tab is a part of the Manila 2.1 port.
In Manila 2.0, I used to manually modify a file to control the order of my tabs. Might be the same one in 2.1

Found the thread for the ROM:
http://ppcgeeks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58002

I couldn't see any screen shots. I'm not a member there and couldn't see a search this thread. I would search that thread to see where the programs tab is or how to get it back. The people in that thread would most likely know what to do to get it back, since it seems they removed it.

Still can't believe they didn't include it.:confused:

[EDIT]
Realized I am a member there. JohnVH3
Haven't posted ther though. Found this in that thread:
Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090830H (23037.5.3.0) [UC]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike2037
Is it possible to get the program launcher tab back?

Has anyone tested any cabs with the current ROM?

I have it. Don't really know how. It wasn't there until I ran my Sashimi config. Then Bam. I'll look into it.

Last edited:

sharkie405

Dec 22, 2008
the depths
Just as an update. I got the reg. settings and got the programs tab and your tweak works very well. Thanks again for the help :)

c_shekhar

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 7, 2005
The label display is wierd!!!!
See the snapshot below----

Attachments

• pc_capture1.jpg
    pc_capture1.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 155

JVH3

Nov 24, 2008
Minneapolis
www.twitter.com
The label display is wierd!!!!
See the snapshot below----

It looks lik your missing some language pack or something else.
It normally shows

ADD

I don't know which file needs to be edited.

I assume you did not have a programs tab before.

I have uploaded to this post, all the Manila files that are in the 8/6 Energy ROM that define these constants. Probably if you copy them to your windows folder, it will look normal for you.

Attachments

• ProgramLauncher.zip
    15 KB · Views: 61
Last edited: