FPSE on SGS3

Search This thread

Wellynz

Aug 2, 2010
Wellington
Hi there,

About 12 hours ago I installed FPSE from the Play Store. I staretd playing Spyro the Dragon and also FF7. On my google Nexus one, FPSE (Older version) worked perfect with FF7. On my SGS3 with the latest version of FPSE it seeeemmmmsss tooooo lllaaaaaggggggg, both video and sound. Sound is also very choppy. I have installed FPSE and the Roms on my phone inbuilt memory, maybe it needs to be put on my SD card to work better?

Is this happening with anybody else? I searched and found this and they seem to be having the same problem as me: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1692174&page=3

But that is in the Galaxy Nexus forum, not here the SGS3 forum. Is it the emulator, the phone or app? Is FPSE not optimized for SGS3? I am not rooted, have ICS and have the 16GB unlocked version.

Another problem im having is with the on screen directional joystick/controller/pad. When I move my character around (in either game) it stops as if my finger is no longer touching the direction it wants to go. Hard to explain sorry.

All help is greatly appreciated :)

***If this is in the wrong section, could somebody please move it to the correct one***

Last edited:

dantheman122

Sep 20, 2011
Brisbane
Have you tried playing around with settings? Try OpenGL emulation, I think I used that and it runs well, but try different settings and you should get it up and running well.

Wellynz

Aug 2, 2010
Wellington
Have you tried playing around with settings? Try OpenGL emulation, I think I used that and it runs well, but try different settings and you should get it up and running well.

Thanks for the idea. I was playing around with the settings last night but there was no change. I did what you suggested by downloading the OpenGL emulation through the FPSE menu, but now my ingame cursor has gone so I have no idea what im clicking on. Help please :)

Aegishua

Feb 26, 2008
Sydney
psxdroid works flawlessly while running games off my class 10 microSD card. I've played FF9 and other psx games withouty issue what so ever. So my advice is try using psxdroid

My specs:
200/1600MHz Undervolted by 75mV
PhantomGamer's AOKP Build 3.
Vlads AOSP kernel v4

Reactions: Wellynz

Wellynz

Aug 2, 2010
Wellington
psxdroid works flawlessly while running games off my class 10 microSD card. I've played FF9 and other psx games withouty issue what so ever. So my advice is try using psxdroid

My specs:
Vlads AOSP kernel v4

Cheers mate. Now using Psx4Droid and works fine with FF7 unlike Fpse.

Theshawty

Feb 13, 2011
It's because of FPSe. I remember a very old version which worked flawlessly with FF7 (which is a pain in the rear to emulate) on most hardware while the newer versions of FPSe breaks FF7.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

My specs:
    Vlads AOSP kernel v4