[Framaroot] Help

Search This thread

Galaxy droid fan 7

Jan 7, 2014
From the South :)
hi, I had installed framaroot over two months ago and all was well but today I got a malware warning on avast, so I have uninstalled it. but I would really like the issue to be clarified so as to be able to use it again. my device is Lenovo IdeaPad A-3000 android version 4.2.2
I had the same problem with the poot apk when backing it up to Google Drive and I learned from watching a YouTube video that because the apps used exploits to gain root access over the device that is why it is considered a vrius as long as you delete the apk after you root before you plug it up to the computer you should be fine

rrayhan77

Oct 15, 2012
Dhaka
www.dhakagamersclub.com
Can't choose Exploit

Hi. I want to root my Snapdragon 200 MSM8610 device. It needs Gandalf exploit if I am not wrong. But can't choose it from the list. Whats the matter, I don't know. Please help me.

thoctor

Aug 6, 2014
Texas
rooting my Galaxy Epic 4G Touch

My question is that I Had root using Framaroot with Aragorn exploit from a few months ago and due to a separate issue i had to restore my phone to its original state and now when i use the Framaroot APK that i used before it says that i have obtained root but when i reboot the SuperSU is not installed and a root checker states i do not have root. My phone has had no update through Samsung Kies and is on version 4.1.2 jelly bean like before. I've tried version 1.9.3, 1.9.2 and 1.9.1 and all three say the same thing, root obtained please reboot to finish. Any help is appreciated

Dvalin21

Nov 2, 2010
OKC
Same issues with other Qualcomm devices, not able to select the correct exploit

Sent from my MT2L03 using Tapatalk

jaboneros

Apr 11, 2014
after rooting (LG L7 II P715 V10J_00.KDZ), success with Gandalf.
then updated supersu and binaries - OK
then uninstalled Framaroot.

rebooted, LG said "Security Error". upside down display.

Should I not remove Framaroot?

Last edited:

Phillyz

Aug 20, 2014
I rooted my Optimus G E-975 with framaroot 1.9.3, it worked like it should. But now when I received OS update from LG i obviously cant update cause im rooted. I unrooted with framaroot, but theres still system/xbin/su file and superuser.apk in system/app. I tried to install superuser from framaroot again and it says binaries installed etc. But after I reboot there is no superuser. When im trying to install it from play market, it says that my su binaries are old. I want to unroot my phone but I cant since im not allowed to delete anything from /system or system/xbin and I cant root my phone with framaroot :confused:
So if someone can help me somehow, id be very grateful! Thx!

Sent from my LG-E975 using XDA Free mobile app

monu4479

Jul 4, 2014
Root For XOLO 1010i (KitKat)

i can root my XOLO Q1010i (KitKat) with Framaroot latest version ,, this app show Error#9 when am try to root, Please help me and Update Frmaroot for XOLO Q1010i (KitKat)

Amr Pilot

Aug 23, 2014
Alexandria
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7
Root & warranty

Hey!
i Have a Question:
i want to root my Phone (Alcatel One Touch Pop C5) But i don't want the Warranty to be voided so if i rooted my Phone with Framaroot the Warranty will be Voided right, later if I unrooted my phone with Framaroot will the warranty still be voided ? :confused:
because my phone still have the Warranty and i don't want the warranty to be voided.

afraaa

Aug 31, 2011
Isfahan
framaroot just show me aragorn exploit nom matter which version i install ! i install it on two device lg l70 and nexus 5 ... need to say these device is rooted !! maybe u say if u root why u ask ! i want it for my site to learn ppl . please reply me why i have only aragorn !

i want to know which version has Sam, Frodo, Legolas

which one has gandulf and which one has Boromir, Faramir and Barahir . thats sad developers dont mention it on his site .

Last edited:
Reactions: Shano321

amistral32cy

Oct 20, 2014
help

Frama root rooted proclaim just fine but I gave it to a friend and he did a factory reset and wiped everything now it will only boot into recovery and I can't seem to find the files I need to restore it with Odin any idea how to fix this ?

davidyeshua

Oct 20, 2014
root karbon -a9+ / cherrymobile flare

i've tried using framaroot for my phone..sadly it did not help me at all..\
my phone base os was ics then i got it upgrade to jelly bean 4.1.2..
can u please lend me a hand on how to root it using this app..
i badly need help to root my phone right now..

charliew410

Oct 11, 2014
Conway, Arkansas
Framaroot LG LUCID® 3 (VS876)

Great work Noob here. My phone, LG LUCID® 3 (VS876), {MSM8226 /x5 /x5vzw, OS:4.4.2, Bootloader Unknown, Searching for service(no sim) Saved (4.3+) root: NOT present} is listed nowhere so I have tried it on Framaroot. It says rooted on the phone status but will not accept SuperSU, and upon Root check it comes back as not rooted. One App I ran, Root Toolkit for Android, said the binaries did not update. runShell command Exception-Timeout.... Return Value 0. Test Root 0. invoke [ps-p $$] RV=0. runShell Busy box RV=0, shellw/ numbers RV=0. After having a look at the post 1742 for advanced users only I decided to do no more damage. I will try to learn to run debugger for more info.

spidyboy

Oct 27, 2014
hey i need some help

i just now download the framaroot 1.9.3
and according from this website (hexamob .com/devices/how-to-root-lg-g3-stylus)
i should have see the gandalf choice and i don't see one.. the only working for me is the barahir though only half success..
does anyone can help me how to choose the gandalf or what to do to make it success not only half..

the tutorial on first page i dont really understand it.. "adding "ro.kernel.qemu=1" in file /data/local.prop. "
i can't find "/data/local.prop"
thx before
:D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here the right place to ask help about usage for Framaroot.

Please don't ask for help about anything not related to Framaroot and read the FAQ first.

FAQ
    Is framaroot work on my device ?
    If your device is in the compatibility list above, the short answer is : yes but it depends of your firmware version, latest firmware have less chance to be rooted.
    If your device is not in the compatibility list and it embed one of the processor mentionned above, the answer is : try it and see.

Why framaroot doesn't root anymore after I update my device ?
    Because framaroot exploit security holes present in several devices which has been patched with update you have done, so exploits can't root your device anymore. Framaroot's exploits have a very short life to keep your device "less exposed" to others malicious application. Keep in mind that framaroot is not a permanent rooting application.

I loose root after update, what I can do to root my device now ?
    An advice : if you want to have a chance to keep root after update, don't update with Kies or ODIN for samsung devices or don't flash system partition, prefer OTA update and use OTA survival feature in Superuser or SuperSU.
    And if you have no choice, you can use the traditional method : flash tools specific to your device

Will framaroot include more exploits ?
    Yes, but don't ask when since I don't know myself, it depend of the vendors fix response.

Framaroot crash when I select Gandalf exploit ?
    Often the first time you launch Framaroot by selecting Gandalf as exploit, it crash Framaroot. Don't worry, in this case you have to re-launch Framaroot and select Gandalf again, the second time it should work.

What means error# on result ?
    All errors less or equal to 9 mean your device is not vulnerable.
    If you get error#10, give a try with Framaroot 1.5.3.
    All other errors need some investigation about your kernel image.

Framaroot say Success but SuperSU is not installed after reboot ?
    Maybe there is some additional protection on your device or something goes wrong with SuperSU version embedded in Framaroot.
    In this case, I recommend to use "Execute script" action and put your own shell script commands in /sdcard/custom (use at your own risk, all commands are executed with root privileges). Look at this post to know how to use custom script.

What can I do when the result is Half-success ?
    You see this message when the /system partition on your device is a read-only filesystem (eg: SquashFS). To handle this case Framaroot try to use a trick by adding "ro.kernel.qemu=1" in file /data/local.prop. To test if this trick work you have to reboot your device and connect to it with adb shell. Once connected type the "id" command to see if you are root.
    If you are not root, your last chance is to select "Execute script" action and put your own shell script commands in /sdcard/custom (use at your own risk, all commands are executed with root privileges). Look at this post to know how to use custom script.
    help error #6

Hi I have problem when I use framaroot in galaxy s 3 I-9300 jelly bean 4.3 I found 1 exploit aragorn I click on it but I found eroor #6 and their not more exploit please help me
    Hi I have problem when I use framaroot in galaxy s 3 I-9300 jelly bean 4.3 I found 1 exploit aragorn I click on it but I found eroor #6 and their not more exploit please help me

All errors less or equal to 9 mean your device is not vulnerable. You have to use an other rooting method (CF-autoroot)

i need help
    i desperately want to root my hisense eg668 or Andromax i3
    it has qualcomm msm8612 ,adreno 302 and it runs on android 4.3 "jls6c"

when i opened framaroot it only appears aragorn exploit and it failed.
    try to run it from adb and manually chose gandalf but its not working to...

can you help me.

thanks

The check for vulnerabilities is trivial and not accurate. Aragorn is often displayed but it only work on samsung devices. Choose another exploit with doesn't change anything, Framaroot display Gandalf if there is a chance to root your device, for your device it's a no go.

Sch-i605
    i605VRUAND3
    will this(framaroot) work after this OTA update?
    I tried not to do the OTA but it crashed my phone and installed it anyway!
    :(((

There is absolutely no warranty Framaroot will work after.
    i need help
    i desperately want to root my hisense eg668 or Andromax i3
    it has qualcomm msm8612 ,adreno 302 and it runs on android 4.3 "jls6c"

when i opened framaroot it only appears aragorn exploit and it failed.
    try to run it from adb and manually chose gandalf but its not working to...

can you help me.

thanks
    gandalf not working

My device Samsung galaxy win all timeframaroot is not show any message and re lunch isnot work