• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

FRD-AL00 without OEM Unlock option?

Search This thread

djx24

Dec 1, 2010
Just got a FRD-AL00, whoever there is no OEM Unlock option in the developer menu. What does this means?
I'm still waiting for my Huawei codes since I don't have the phone registered to the Huawei ID in more than 14 days. So I don't know if the bootloader unlock will work without that option.

AngelLestat

Jul 16, 2017
I dont have the OEM Unlock option either. Same case.. I have the honor 8 frd-al00, but my chinese version is already updated to android 7 y emui 5.
All the honor 8 tutorials require that this option should be enable.
So.. what we can do? how we can solve this? I already receive my code for the unlock.

I want to root and debrand the frd-al00 to the international version al09, mentioned here
https://forum.xda-developers.com/honor-8/help/debrand-frd-al00-to-frd-l09-update-to-t3552445

But without this option I cant do it.

venugopalu007

Jun 9, 2017
rajahmundry
I dont have the OEM Unlock option either. Same case.. I have the honor 8 frd-al00, but my chinese version is already updated to android 7 y emui 5.
All the honor 8 tutorials require that this option should be enable.
So.. what we can do? how we can solve this? I already receive my code for the unlock.

I want to root and debrand the frd-al00 to the international version al09, mentioned here
https://forum.xda-developers.com/honor-8/help/debrand-frd-al00-to-frd-l09-update-to-t3552445

yeah it wont appear there, my friend got al00, he suceessfully rebranded
get bootloader code from offical site and in fastboot , command--> fastboot oem unlock xxxcodexxxxxx
then select unlock in mobile done

eseregin

Jun 23, 2010
Moscow
I

Not very good idea...
Phone get unstable in short time with this rebrand made... After watch video or photos in short time applications stop to run...
It will not work good, i had this experience and after all had to go back to AL00...
And it was not only me, on 4pda.ru forum a lot of such cases, so better think twice...

AngelLestat

Jul 16, 2017
yeah it wont appear there, my friend got al00, he suceessfully rebranded
get bootloader code from offical site and in fastboot , command--> fastboot oem unlock xxxcodexxxxxx
then select unlock in mobile done
I already have the code as I mention.. but not sure what are you saying.. this mean that even without enabling that option i can make the unlock? but not sure if something bad may happen if the OEM unlock option in disable, and like I said.. that option it does not appear in the development menu, I can find the debugging usb option, but not the other. Some al00 has this OEM unlock option, but not all, maybe depends on the update I get.. my phone auto update to emui 5.0 and android 7.

Not very good idea...
Phone get unstable in short time with this rebrand made... After watch video or photos in short time applications stop to run...
It will not work good, i had this experience and after all had to go back to AL00...
And it was not only me, on 4pda.ru forum a lot of such cases, so better think twice...
you did the same steps that the link guide I quote?
If rebrand is not an option.. then my other options are not good either, because I read that all mods had reboot issues and some other problems.. they dont have the camera apps either, just a basic picture app who does not take a good advantage of double lens system.
So.. what we can do if we have the al00? I just want to use voice search commands (not chinese commands).

Use this: youtube video link
Nice.. but it seems that this is for honor 5.. it will be just a matter to try.. If I have time tomorrow I will give a try to this method.

AngelLestat

Jul 16, 2017
Use this: "link"
if ur device is on EMUI 5.0, back to 4.1 and use this method. I use Honor 8, use this method and it works.
Is any way to debrand without the emui 4.1, I have emui 5.0, my honor 8 is frd-al00, I cant find the rollback file for emui 4.. I find one for frd-al09 from 5 to 4.1, but that is the european version..
I have the bootloader code, but I can not activate the oem unlock option because it does not appear in my development tools, you told me that I have to go back to 4.1, but I have no idea how to do that.. or when I can find the file to do it..
Any advice.. ? What happen if I use the rollback file for the frd-al09?

Last edited:

TheHunterVN

Jun 23, 2017
Is any way to debrand without the emui 4.1, I have emui 5.0, my honor 8 is frd-al00, I cant find the rollback file for emui 4.. I find one for frd-al09 from 5 to 4.1, but that is the european version..
I have the bootloader code, but I can not activate the oem unlock option because it does not appear in my development tools, you told me that I have to go back to 4.1, but I have no idea how to do that.. or when I can find the file to do it..
Any advice.. ? What happen if I use the rollback file for the frd-al09?
u can use Hisuit to go back to EMUI 4.1.
Or may try go to fastboot, unlock bootloader in fastboot? Maybe it work. Shutdown Honor, hold volume down + connect ur device to PC via USB cable. Then u try to unlock, if not, the only way is EMUI 4.1.

AngelLestat

Jul 16, 2017
u can use Hisuit to go back to EMUI 4.1.
Or may try go to fastboot, unlock bootloader in fastboot? Maybe it work. Shutdown Honor, hold volume down + connect ur device to PC via USB cable. Then u try to unlock, if not, the only way is EMUI 4.1.

hi suite is only for some devices , I did nt seen the rollback in hi suite for our devices
I was able to rollback to 4.1 with hisuite, and I manage to unlock bootloader and install twrp.
I made a backup of all my files, then download the frd-al09432b131, (my phone is frd-al00 which also has 4gb - 32gb), I unzip the firmware and I place it in the ssd card under the folder dload. (not sure if only the update.app file should be in it, or also the other folders like meta-inf and oeminfo, I try with both).
Then from the twrp I did a format data and I wipe data once. Then I shutdown the phone.
press volume up +down+ power until the update starts to run..
But..
At 5%, a alert come up saying:
------------------
Software install failed!
Incompatibility with current version.
Please download the correct update package.
(reboot system now)
------------------
But well, I dint reach so far to resign now.. I am downloading a new firmware from the honor site:
Honor 8 Firmware(FRD-L09, Android 6.0, EMUI 4.1, C432B131, United Kingdom)
I hope this work... or I may be doing something wrong?

Edit: still happen with the new firmware that I download, not sure what to do.. I need supersu for this?

Last edited:

adriansticoid

Jul 5, 2014
San Pedro, Laguna
I was able to rollback to 4.1 with hisuite, and I manage to unlock bootloader and install twrp.
I made a backup of all my files, then download the frd-al09432b131, (my phone is frd-al00 which also has 4gb - 32gb), I unzip the firmware and I place it in the ssd card under the folder dload. (not sure if only the update.app file should be in it, or also the other folders like meta-inf and oeminfo, I try with both).
Then from the twrp I did a format data and I wipe data once. Then I shutdown the phone.
press volume up +down+ power until the update starts to run..
But..
At 5%, a alert come up saying:
------------------
Software install failed!
Incompatibility with current version.
Please download the correct update package.
(reboot system now)
------------------
But well, I dint reach so far to resign now.. I am downloading a new firmware from the honor site:
Honor 8 Firmware(FRD-L09, Android 6.0, EMUI 4.1, C432B131, United Kingdom)
I hope this work... or I may be doing something wrong?

Edit: still happen with the new firmware that I download, not sure what to do.. I need supersu for this?
Why are you flashing L09 when your phone is AL00?

Sent from my Honor 8 using XDA Labs

AngelLestat

Jul 16, 2017
Why are you flashing L09 when your phone is AL00?

because I want to rebrand my phone.
a friend mine bought it for me in China, I didnt know it would be so different in software without google voice search.
So reading guides from this forum, I saw 3 rebrand guides, from chinese version to the similar version of europe (which seems to be the global), I am from Argentina.

I cant post the link of the guides because I am still newbie in this forum.

adriansticoid

Jul 5, 2014
San Pedro, Laguna
a friend mine bought it for me in China, I didnt know it would be so different in software without google voice search.
So reading guides from this forum, I saw 3 rebrand guides, from chinese version to the similar version of europe (which seems to be the global), I am from Argentina.

You need to the the rebranding steps before flashing your desired firmware.

venugopalu007

Jun 9, 2017
rajahmundry

try my rebranding guide in guide section

---------- Post added at 09:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 AM ----------

You need to the the rebranding steps before flashing your desired firmware.

yes ,rebranding must

Reactions: TheHunterVN

Top Liked Posts