Yeah I stopped creating box accounts a long time ago. I started working 90 - 100 hours a week and didnt have time for ****. The reason I left this thread open was when I last checked it it had taken on a life of its own and several people were still upgrading accounts. I pretty much forgot about it after that. I think I created something like 2800 accounts before I bailed, (it was a lot harder back then, I still have 3000+ email addresses attached to my personal .com)*
Huge props to all the people who took up where I left off. Josh
Im going to make this real easy if you DON'T have one create one then download this apk input the user name and password from the new account hit upgrade and bam your done
THIS WORKS ON NEW ACCOUNTS ONLY MEANING YOU ONLY HAVE 5GG OF SPACE https://www.box.com/s/sp1clbonhxgtuiq2e0em*
Instructions for Free 50GB. I HAVE CONFIRMED THIS IS WORKING. Used my Nexus 7 Tablet twice on two different accounts and both got the free 50GB with gronimo21's APK (2 posts above).
Just to reiterate what he said:
1) Create BRAND NEW Box account (can't confirm this will work on preexisting accounts as mine were both brand new)
2) Validate registration/email
3) Download APK quoted above (gronimo21)
4) Install APK from above
5) Put in login info
6) Hit Free Upgrade button
7) DONE! Verify 50GB and change password if you're concerned with the app logging credentials (which it doesn't from my testing and it says so right when you open the app)
8) Repeat for as many 50GB accounts as you'd like. I have 3 so far!