• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[FREE] [9.0,10.0 &11.0] Bootloader unlock for Nokia 7.2 [2021-06-22]

Search This thread

cleanphone

Oct 26, 2017
I found a solution. It was a driver problem. I installed Google, Inc. - Other hardware - Android Bootloader Interface from Windows Update and now ist works.
Windows does not offer a driver installation from the updates. Also the manual installation lead to this result:
fastboot devices
xxxxx fastboot
fastboot flashing unlock_critical
FAILED (Write to device failed (Too many links))
fastboot: error: Command failed

--> devices boots into androidone screen and stuck
@Raghu varma

1625654125559.png

1625654137857.png

I used these drivers also:
They show a date from 2014 instead of 2016
None of it worked.
The linked drivers resulted in
fastboot flashing unlock_critical
FAILED (Write to device failed (Unknown error))
fastboot: error: Command failed

Last edited:

N7.2

Jun 28, 2021
Windows does not offer a driver installation from the updates. Also the manual installation lead to this result:

--> devices boots into androidone screen and stuck
@Raghu varma

View attachment 5356379
View attachment 5356381

I used these drivers also:
They show a date from 2014 instead of 2016
None of it worked.
The linked drivers resulted in
I also had many problems with fastboot. I read that the PC can be the problem. I tried all USB ports and sometimes it worked. Since I installed all Qualcomm drivers via Windows Update -> optional updates it works without problems. Try the Qualcomm usb driver.

cleanphone

Oct 26, 2017
I also had many problems with fastboot. I read that the PC can be the problem. I tried all USB ports and sometimes it worked. Since I installed all Qualcomm drivers via Windows Update -> optional updates it works without problems. Try the Qualcomm usb driver.
I could solve it with a usb 2.0 hub
{Mod edit: Link removed}

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: mvpmurali

Ujwal2000

Feb 20, 2019
Hyderabad
Moto G60
Is it possible to relock the bootloader using the same sideload packages?
So if I use
Code:
fastboot flashing lock
and then use
Code:
fastboot flashing lock_critical
after flashing the sideload packages, will it work?

Ujwal2000

Feb 20, 2019
Hyderabad
Moto G60
I found a way to relock the bootloader if anyone wants to.
With Nokia blocking us to unlock the bootloader, they have also locked us out of relocking with simple command. But, since your bootloader is unlocked, you can flash the old firmware before Nokia blocked the method.
I followed this guide to flash the old firmware: {Mod edit: Link removed}
Flash the DDV-00WW_1_130-9.0-Global version
Then, in fastboot mode enter:
Code:
fastboot flashing lock
The phone will restart, now reboot into fastboot and enter
Code:
fastboot flashing lock_critical
The second command is optional. The first command itself should remove the bootloader unlocked warning

This method worked for me. I can't guarantee it will work for you

Last edited by a moderator:

DJ-Bauer

Dec 13, 2020
Moto G 2014
Nokia 6.2
On the 7 step progress of slideload stop at 47% and recovery write " Install from ADB completed with status 2. Installation aborted."
Anyone can help solve this problem?
Did you use the right DDV file?
I tried the global DDV file on my 6.2 but it did not like it and "failed to verify whole-file signature".

The OP mentioned somewhere that this guide should also work with 6.2. Can anyone tell me where I can find the correct DDV-file?

se65

Jul 25, 2021
Thank you very much Raghu varma and Team for this!

Unfortunately it doesn't work here and I get the Message:
"Update package is older than current build ..[.]. downgrade not allowed."

Is there something I can try to avoid this?

IMG_6553_002.JPG

Aman301582

Oct 17, 2012
Lucknow
@se65 Did you install july update before this? Maybe it's happening because we installed July update.

Update: I get same error with April patch but timestamp is 1624995240

Last edited:

QwaiveR

Thank you very much Raghu varma and Team for this!

Unfortunately it doesn't work here and I get the Message:
"Update package is older than current build ..[.]. downgrade not allowed."

Is there something I can try to avoid this?

View attachment 5370449

I have the same problem with the latest update patch. I'm a fool, it's sometimes impossible to use the phone because of the lags of the original firmware.

Raghu varma, is there an update planned for the latest security patch?​

kimwaki

Aug 1, 2021
update package is older than the current buid, expected a buld newer than timestamp 1625057044 but package has timestamp 1624355580 and downgrade not allowed ERROR

Moderator Announcement

OP @Raghu varma does not accept 3rd party links in his thread. For this reason, I've removed such links on OP's request even if they were still close in line with the XDA Forum Rules.
5. Create a thread topic or post a message only once, this includes external links & streaming media.
As a large forum, we don't need unnecessary clutter. You're free to edit your message as you like, so if you do not receive an answer, revisit your message and see if you can describe your problem better. Not everyone is online at the same time so it might take a while before you receive an answer.
  • You can bump your unanswered question once every 24 hours
  • Duplicate threads and posts will be removed
  • Always post in an existing thread if a topic already exists, before creating a new thread.
  • Use our search function to find the best forum for your device.
  • Links to an external source are only allowed if relevant to the topic in hand. A description must be included, no copy & pasting from the original source.
  • Self-promotion is forbidden, this includes blogs, social media and video channels etc. Random links will be removed.

(...)

11. Don’t post with the intention of selling something.
  • Don’t use XDA to advertise your product or service. Proprietors of for-pay products or services, may use XDA to get feedback, provide beta access, or a free version of their product for XDA users and to offer support, but not to post with the intention of selling. This includes promoting sites similar / substantially similar to XDA-Developers.com.
  • Do not post press releases, announcements, links to trial software or commercial services, unless you’re posting an exclusive release for XDA-Developers.com.
  • Encouraging members to participate in forum activities on other phone related sites is prohibited.
  • Off-site downloads are permitted if the site is non-commercial and does not require registration.
  • Off-site downloads from sites requiring registration are NOT encouraged but may be permitted if both of the following conditions are met:
    A) The site belongs to a member of XDA-Developers with at least 1500 posts and 2 years membership, who actively maintains an XDA-Developers support thread(s) / posts, related to the download.
    B) The site is a relatively small, personal website without commercial advertising / links (i.e. not a competitor forum-based site with purposes and aims similar to those of XDA-Developers.com.)

Reactions: Raghu varma

Arunragav

Sep 22, 2011
Chennai
Thank you @Raghu varma you are the only hope for this device as of now. Sad to learn that the update package mismatch is getting in the way for people like me who really need to unlock this godforsaken bootloader. Pls give us an updated version of this. Of course if you have the time for this. Thanks again anyways.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    bootloader.jpg

Free Bootloader unlock for Nokia 7.2

Well , after 2 years finally the dream come true. yes , we achieved what we seen in the title of my thread. atlast free bootloader unlock for Nokia 7.2 running on any android version especially android 10 & upcoming android 11 as well.

So what is the magic behind free bootloader unlock? Yes ! Iam not gonna reveal that but yes as a Nokia community Developer this is what I can provide for your all.

A big massive thank you for my back-end team @hikari_calyx , @singhnsk & especially My Nokia 7.2 & 6.2 community for strong support behind the journey.

So what is the exact steps to make it successfull on your Phone.

1. Make sure you own Nokia 7.2 device & computer running on linux or windows
    2. Connect phone to computer & enable developer options
    3. Enable usb debugging
    4. Download adb platform tools latest from Google & Open command prompt , type adb devices
    5. Type adb reboot recovery
    6. Make sure your device should boot in to stock recovery & Select apply update from adb
    7. in cmd type adb sideload DDV_XYZ.zip ( Select package accordingly to your variant. Example for indians DDVA_sprout , for Russian DDV & for global DDV_sprout )
    8. Wait for 5 minutes to complete the flashing process on locked bootloader.
    9. After flashing completed Select reboot to bootloader
    10. Type fastboot devices
    11. Type fastboot flashing unlock_critical ( see the phone and select unlock the Bootloader using volume buttons and press power button )
    12. Reboot to fastboot again make sure to use volume down and power button at a time for fastboot mode.
    13. type fastboot flashing unlock ( see the phone and select unlock the Bootloader using volume buttons and press power button )

Finally Congratulations 👏 we successfully completed bootloader unlock.

Now what next? Just reflash stock rom from fastboot accordingly to my stock rom flash tool thread.

Thank you !!

Download Sideload Packages
    Download adb platform tools
    Stock rom flash tool thread

Doesn't work . I am at step 8 and 9, typing
    fastboot devices
    fastboot flashing unlock_critical, but there is no option called "unlock", only start - restart bootloader - recovery mode - power off - boot to ffbm - qmmi.

whats going on?

edit: stuck at this point:

edit 2" ok, i understand now that the phone should ask for confirmation, but it doesnt.
    Great work! Hope the development grow well for Nokia 7.2 & 6.2! 🙂
    Very cool. Is this also going to work for Nokia 6.2?
    yup on the way in few hours
    I successfully unlocked and my 7.2 today and faced no problems. The whole process ran flawlessly, thanks for making this possible and keep doing good work.