• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
Search This thread

Akinaro

Sep 14, 2013
feature_graphic_01.jpg

Hello!
I would like to present you Game "Power/Lift VR"

Its mobile virtual reality game for Android, where your only job is... Insert fuses in boxes, and find your wait out... and all that in yet, another dark, industrial environment that everyone like so much!

https://youtu.be/6p3cmGZJyNA

Warning! Game require VR goggles AND gamepad!
_____________​
Power/Lift is Virtual Reality game for Android platform created by Marcin Kowalski and Riccardo Di Meo creator of Application "VR Theater for Android".
Game is totally free without any adds. It use Unity Engine and contain handmade assets made especially for that game, and instead of going to colorful and cartoonish atmosphere like most of VR games on market, Power/Lift aim to be more realistic and darker. And even with big performance requirement of devices that use VR, Power/Lift managed to push visual quality to its limits keeping compatibility even with weaker devices.
Overall point of game is to find and switch on all fuse-boxes in the level, then find your way out by looking for last platform that will transport you to next stage. There are a lot of shortcuts on the way out: find them to get the best possible time.
_____________​
Requirements:
-In order to play Power/lift you need virtual reality goggles(Homido, Cardboard, GearVR or any other)
-Gamepad that have directional buttons and two function buttons(starting from those small bluetooth controllers ending in xbox/Playstation gamepads)
-Android device with MINIMUM fullHD screen and CPU similar or better than Snapdragon 805
-Headphones

_____________​

Game is still in development, there is plan to implement Google Play Global Highscore and Achievements, create more levels and add few smaller features.
But for now we need your help to test this game on more devices, see if there is possibility to increase graphic quality without loosing performance(because its VR game it need 2x more power than normal mobile game).

For now game is ""optimized"" to run on slower devices(minimum Snapdragon801) so we had to reduce some graphical aspect of the game(shadows, lights, bump-maps), but if test on newer devices will be satisfying, we will add some options that will bump graphic quality even more to make game more atmospheric and just "prettier".

We would be really happy if every person who download it and test it, would post information like: model of phone, any bugs he encounter, and of course how fluid game is(like: its lag on level 2 here and here).

As I mentioned Power/Lift is game made totally for free in our free time. We cant afford any fancy addons right now, so we need to make everything by our self, including testing, but because of limited access to devices, you could help us with that just by playing it and leaving opinion/information about Game!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=it.couchgames.apps.PowerLift
[QRCODE]https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=it.couchgames.apps.PowerLift[/QRCODE]

Last edited:

Akinaro

Sep 14, 2013
The game is much better than video at youtube.

Thanks for checking!
As for Youtube video content, I dont have much experience with making good game trailers so I though it would be just better to make more "realistic" just by saying the funny truth about mobile VR :D
As for Quality, YouTube sadly messed up gamma and quality, so some parts are to bright :/

If you have any suggestions, or bugs you found feel free to post them. Its first release, so we expecting that it will contain some problems.

Akinaro

Sep 14, 2013
Just small update that Power/Lift goes through some major changes, including changing name, graphic style, game mode(VR will be on/off option), and most important it will be less confusing as it is now(more obvious gameplay, and simplified level design).
If anyone have any suggestions feel free to write them!

It will take some time(even months) but taking in to the account that its FREE game without any ads, and its made just by 2 people, I hope it will give people some fun.

Akinaro

Sep 14, 2013
Small update for current version of Power/Lift!

Im still work on totally new version of this game, that will have new name, lots of new features and different graphic style and gameplay,
but in the meantime me and Riccardo wanted to publish small update for current Power/Lift Game that will fix few things. It still lacking some features(like global highscore, or proper pause menu...) but it should fix bugs, make it faster and help new players understand what to do...

Work on new version are going slow, so its hard to tell when I release it, so before that happen we will try to update Power/Lift when we find free time, and add features that we wanted...

So here are small changelog:
  • -New icon that dont look so "oldschool"(read: android 2.3 era)
  • -First level now have tutorial voice, arrows and signs that will explain player what he should do in game.
  • -Simple highscore menu that show your best time on each level.
  • -New tweaked shadowmaps that should have less light bugs.
  • -Some small changes in models and occlusion that should give some small performance boost.
  • -Removed rotating camera in Main Menu(so people will stop thinking that their phone gyroscope is bugged)
  • -Falling death is now shorter(3sec instead of 5sec) so if you fall down you will not loose so much time waiting for respawn.
  • -Other smaller fixes that no one saw and no one will see :]

Last edited:

Akinaro

Sep 14, 2013
New Update!

I found some free time to put together new update, that contain few new features, and few fixes, and few more bugs, and few more lags...

But going to the point, here is small changelog for version 0.6

-New menu style. You just need to move joystick to quickly select option
-Pause Menu. Yes, finally I managed to put that super innovative option in game!
-New Level 5. Just to give you another reason to play it...
-Graphic settings. Low that lower texture resolution and filtering, default, and High, that enable Anti Aliasing and force filtering.
-Some new Shaders for particles & transparency(should fix lags in some places...)

Now about Pause menu. Sadly every joystick I tested have different input number, so in some cases you could end up having pause button assigned to weird key...
As I said before game is free and made in free time, so for me, person with mediocre experience with coding, its damn hard to make such simple thing like option to manually assign keys by player, and because its free game, I dont want to spend money on special unity asset that would make that automatically by detecting controller player use...
I probably fix that in next release, but it will take some time... just like global high-score... sorry about that... no one is perfect :]