Free Paid Apps

Search This thread

S suxeN

Oct 26, 2011
Tried it today, its really cool. You just have to install the getjar app/service, then you can get apps like tapatalk or HockeyNations 2011 for free....that just rocks :)

bwcorvus

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 15, 2010
Do the apps still work if you get rid of getjar?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G

Tahde

Nov 5, 2008
North Dallas
I've seen alot of members mention this service. Nothing wrong with keeping the service on device is there? Wasnt sure if people were using the service and then taking off their phones or what.

vansmack

Jul 16, 2009
San Francisco
Does anybody know how GetJar apps are updated?

They're not appearing in my Android Market list and I don't see how to do it in the GetJar app....

Will I have to go through Manage Apps->Downloaded Apps->Update every time?

Sorry if this is a silly question, but I've only been using GetJar for a little while.

brrip

Dec 25, 2009
Does anybody know how GetJar apps are updated?

They're not appearing in my Android Market list and I don't see how to do it in the GetJar app....

Will I have to go through Manage Apps->Downloaded Apps->Update every time?

Sorry if this is a silly question, but I've only been using GetJar for a little while.

you can't even update that way because you didn't buy it through market.

getjar apps don't get updates unless the publisher puts them on there, in which case you have to download it manually.

for example, the current version of tapatalk is actually 1.12.7, but getjar only has the 1.12.6 version.

but hey, free stuff is free stuff :D

amosher13

Sep 17, 2010
CO

getjar apps don't get updates unless the publisher puts them on there, in which case you have to download it manually.

for example, the current version of tapatalk is actually 1.12.7, but getjar only has the 1.12.6 version.

good to know, i'm actually new to it too. i knew of it but heard more on twit/all about android. honestly i thought the Gold program was still a paid (like subscription) deal so i never checked it out. but yeah its totally awesome.

as with all alternative app stores, the updating is an issue but they are aware of it and working towards better solutions. right now it really is mainly on the developers who have to push their apps to different stores which is tedious. but yeah, i'm totally into free stuff even if its a version behind. if i need it that bad, i can support the dev and buy it via market.

vansmack

Jul 16, 2009
San Francisco

Thank you very much for explaining that. It makes much more sense now...

As best I can tell, it's a great way to try out paid versions - especially when the paid version is more than just ad-free. If I find it worth while (and that it's worth the price to have the most recent version) I'll probably end up paying for the most recent version.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just passing this on, Getjar is giving away more new free apps including tapatalk and Tweet caster pro ! Enjoy happy Halloween
    http://www.getjar.com/

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk