Themes / Apps / Mods Free: Pixel Concentric Watchface Clone (plus some stuff)

Search This thread

dave.rein

Dec 9, 2014

Concentric Native (WearOS Watchface)​

My version of the Pixel Concentric and Digital watchfaces, plus an Analog-style one, and a heart rate complication for Samsung Watch4/Watch5 devices.

It can be installed from the Play Store here (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.programmersbox.forestwoodass.wearable.watchface)

Features​

• 3 watchfaces in one app, with one having 3 styles
  • Large(r) fonts
  • 2-3 Complications on the watchfaces
  • Always On Display friendly, and can adjust watchface, complications, and even the time
  • Full-on AOD for when you want it to show nicely (but probably uses more power)
  • Multiple colors palettes
  • Pixel-shifting to avoid burn-in during AOD
  • Control over colors and complication elements
  • Ability to show AOD in full colors
  • Only 15fps for a good battery experience, with a 1fps Low Power mode
  • Heart Rate Complication that uses the built-in Health Services (Samsung health) to provide the latest heart rate BPM. This can be re-used by any other watchface! Note: No data is collected! It is simply displayed.

Introduction​

This is my version of the Google Pixel Concentric Watchface. It started off being as closely mirroring it as possible, but then I realized I was too old to see the time with those font sizes... and lack of complications for several of the different faces it provided. So I made the fonts bigger and added complications. And made the fonts even bigger when in Always on Display (ambient) mode.

Then I added an Analog watchface (for those classy nights out), and a Digital version (for my son).

Always On Display​

The Watchface is optimized for AOD, allowing everything from parts of the watchface, the complications, and even the time to be optionally displayed. It can even be stripped down to just showing just the new notification indicator, enabling those of us with OCD to avoid constantly flipping our wrists to see if we missed a message. But there is also a "damn the battery, show me everthing!" mode, too!

Code​

The code is a direct dirivative work from the Kotlin watchface example of the androidx code samples: https://github.com/android/wear-os-samples/tree/main/WatchFaceKotlin

Screenshots​

Concentric Face 1:

Concentric Native Watchface

Concentric Face 2:

Concentric Native Config

Concentric Face 3:

Concentric Native Config

Digital Face:

Digital Native Config

Digital Native Config

Analog Face:

Analog Native Config

Analog Native Config

Battery-Friendly Always On Display screens (with options to show or hide complications):

Concentric Native Config

Concentric Native Config

Concentric Native Config

Concentric Native Config

Full-on Always On Display screens with Ambient As Active options:

Concentric Native Config

Concentric Native Config

Concentric Native Config

Configuration screen:

Concentric Native

Install from the Play Store here

Attachments

• screenshot_full.png
    screenshot_full.png
    51.3 KB · Views: 1,642
  • screenshot_half.png
    screenshot_half.png
    41.9 KB · Views: 1,631
  • screenshot_halfzoom.png
    screenshot_halfzoom.png
    41.7 KB · Views: 1,635
  • config.png
    config.png
    64.3 KB · Views: 1,621
Last edited:

BodoSGE

Nov 30, 2022
Hi great watchface, but i can only directly Install it on my GW4 with no configuration possibilites... On my Pixel 7 Pro i get the Info that this app is not compatible with my devices

Can you please also provider it for GW4 and Pixel Phone. Thx

BodoSGE

Nov 30, 2022
Thx a lot. It is also working for me now. But If i add the Pulse or Others health indicators it only Shows the Icon (e.g. the Heart) instead of the Pulse. But i gave the permission :-(

dave.rein

Dec 9, 2014
Thx a lot. It is also working for me now. But If i add the Pulse or Others health indicators it only Shows the Icon (e.g. the Heart) instead of the Pulse. But i gave the permission :-(
I think you're choosing the 'short cuts' to the tiles/apps, instead of the reading, as I get the same and when selected it brings me to the heart rate tile.. I choose the "cardiogram" complication on my watch5 to see heart rate and it works nicely (in the screenshots above).

mura20

Dec 17, 2012
I think you're choosing the 'short cuts' to the tiles/apps, instead of the reading, as I get the same and when selected it brings me to the heart rate tile.. I choose the "cardiogram" complication on my watch5 to see heart rate and it works nicely (in the screenshots above).
Thanks for the watch face. It's very nice! I have a Samsung Watch 5 (non-pro) and I only see the heart icon, it does not show the frequency itself. Where can I find this "cardiogram" complication? I can't see the screenshot you referred to.
Do you think this watch face will have strong impact on battery life?
Thanks!

dave.rein

Dec 9, 2014
Thanks for the watch face. It's very nice! I have a Samsung Watch 5 (non-pro) and I only see the heart icon, it does not show the frequency itself. Where can I find this "cardiogram" complication? I can't see the screenshot you referred to.
Do you think this watch face will have strong impact on battery life?
Thanks!
This is the complication that I choose for heart rate (on my Watch5, 40mm, LTE, US Version):
Screenshot_20221202_115559_sysui.png

I've been super-anal about battery, including AOD mode. Here's my usage for today. At 11% for 4 hours, 8 minutes, that equals ~2.6% battery per hour, which can mean a 35+ hours... But today for me is pretty low, and I seem to average ~3.5%/hour. Seems like that's the average for a fairly minimal watchface. Of course, YMMV.

Screenshot_20221202_115642_Galaxy Watch5 Manager.jpg

mura20

Dec 17, 2012
This is the complication that I choose for heart rate (on my Watch5, 40mm, LTE, US Version):
View attachment 5775455

I've been super-anal about battery, including AOD mode. Here's my usage for today. At 11% for 4 hours, 8 minutes, that equals ~2.6% battery per hour, which can mean a 35+ hours... But today for me is pretty low, and I seem to average ~3.5%/hour. Seems like that's the average for a fairly minimal watchface. Of course, YMMV.

View attachment 5775457
Thanks for replying. I will monitor the battery life now that I am using your watchface.
I believe this "cardiogram" is a separate application that needs to be installed. It's not the same as the built-in heart rate app that comes with the watch.

dave.rein

Dec 9, 2014
Howdy! I've posted an update which includes a few more watchfaces and a custom heartrate complication that uses Samsung health so that a 3rd party HR complication app is no longer required.

Sample of the new watchfaces (see first post for more):
digital-animate-small.gif

and

analog-animate-small.gif

downloadonlyaccount

May 3, 2011
Würzburg
Am I to dumb to find it or how to change the general style (as you said there are multiple watchface styles included)?
(I guess I'm on latest version, installed yesterday and now update showing. I'm from germany)

dave.rein

Dec 9, 2014
Am I to dumb to find it or how to change the general style (as you said there are multiple watchface styles included)?
(I guess I'm on latest version, installed yesterday and now update showing. I'm from germany)
If you go to configure the "Concentric Native" watchface, you'll see they "Layout" button, which shows three different "layouts" for that watchface. Using your phone to configure it, you'll see the "Layout" tab with three choices.
1673617674665.png

Separately, there is also the "Analog Native", and "Digitial Native" watchfaces that you can also add that are provided in the same app (screenshots from the watch emulator, so it looks slightly different):
1673617483224.png

and this one:
1673617529349.png

Hope this helps!

dave.rein

Dec 9, 2014
Strange, I don't have these options. Neither ok watch nor in galaxy wearable app.

This it how it looks for me:

View attachment 5809415
Sorry again for the confusion! That is the "Digital Native" watchface. I've only done a single layout for, so no extra options.

If you go to "+" to add another watchface, you'll see both "Analog Native", and "Concentric Native". Concentric Native has those three different layouts.

And since I called the app "Concentric Native", its not obvious that there are a total of three watchfaces. That's just poor planning on my part :) FWIW, this is what they look like on the Samsung Wear app under downloaded watchfaces:

1673619612611.png

I'll update my description in the play store and this post to clear up any confusion.

Reactions: downloadonlyaccount

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Strange, I don't have these options. Neither ok watch nor in galaxy wearable app.

View attachment 5809415
    Sorry again for the confusion! That is the "Digital Native" watchface. I've only done a single layout for, so no extra options.

If you go to "+" to add another watchface, you'll see both "Analog Native", and "Concentric Native". Concentric Native has those three different layouts.

And since I called the app "Concentric Native", its not obvious that there are a total of three watchfaces. That's just poor planning on my part :) FWIW, this is what they look like on the Samsung Wear app under downloaded watchfaces:

1673619612611.png

I'll update my description in the play store and this post to clear up any confusion.
    Ah, thanks, there it is 😀
    Looks great, thanks a lot 👍🏻
    Hi! So I looked at creating a real-time HR complication using WearOS Health Services, but it appears to interfere with Samsung's monitoring. In reading, it appears in the next version of WearOS, Google and Samsung will get their acts together and use this common service, but any 'active' measurements conflict with Samsung (like periodic HR not working, and even the watch wanting to lock itself while on my wrist. So, I wont release it. And Samsung is not allowing new development with their SDK. FWIW, on the Pixel Watch, the built-in HR complication works just great.

Concentric Native (WearOS Watchface)​

My version of the Pixel Concentric and Digital watchfaces, plus an Analog-style one, and a heart rate complication for Samsung Watch4/Watch5 devices.

It can be installed from the Play Store here (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.programmersbox.forestwoodass.wearable.watchface)

Features​

• 3 watchfaces in one app, with one having 3 styles
    • Large(r) fonts
    • 2-3 Complications on the watchfaces
    • Always On Display friendly, and can adjust watchface, complications, and even the time
    • Full-on AOD for when you want it to show nicely (but probably uses more power)
    • Multiple colors palettes
    • Pixel-shifting to avoid burn-in during AOD
    • Control over colors and complication elements
    • Ability to show AOD in full colors
    • Only 15fps for a good battery experience, with a 1fps Low Power mode
    • Heart Rate Complication that uses the built-in Health Services (Samsung health) to provide the latest heart rate BPM. This can be re-used by any other watchface! Note: No data is collected! It is simply displayed.

Introduction​

This is my version of the Google Pixel Concentric Watchface. It started off being as closely mirroring it as possible, but then I realized I was too old to see the time with those font sizes... and lack of complications for several of the different faces it provided. So I made the fonts bigger and added complications. And made the fonts even bigger when in Always on Display (ambient) mode.

Then I added an Analog watchface (for those classy nights out), and a Digital version (for my son).

Always On Display​

The Watchface is optimized for AOD, allowing everything from parts of the watchface, the complications, and even the time to be optionally displayed. It can even be stripped down to just showing just the new notification indicator, enabling those of us with OCD to avoid constantly flipping our wrists to see if we missed a message. But there is also a "damn the battery, show me everthing!" mode, too!

Code​

The code is a direct dirivative work from the Kotlin watchface example of the androidx code samples: https://github.com/android/wear-os-samples/tree/main/WatchFaceKotlin

Screenshots​

Concentric Face 1:

Concentric Native Watchface

Concentric Face 2:

Concentric Native Config

Concentric Face 3:

Concentric Native Config

Digital Face:

Digital Native Config

Digital Native Config

Analog Face:

Analog Native Config

Analog Native Config

Battery-Friendly Always On Display screens (with options to show or hide complications):

Concentric Native Config

Concentric Native Config

Concentric Native Config

Concentric Native Config

Full-on Always On Display screens with Ambient As Active options:

Concentric Native Config

Concentric Native Config

Concentric Native Config

Configuration screen:

Concentric Native

Install from the Play Store here

View attachment 5809415

1673619612611.png

Ah, thanks, there it is 😀
    Looks great, thanks a lot 👍🏻
    Hi! So I looked at creating a real-time HR complication using WearOS Health Services, but it appears to interfere with Samsung's monitoring. In reading, it appears in the next version of WearOS, Google and Samsung will get their acts together and use this common service, but any 'active' measurements conflict with Samsung (like periodic HR not working, and even the watch wanting to lock itself while on my wrist. So, I wont release it. And Samsung is not allowing new development with their SDK. FWIW, on the Pixel Watch, the built-in HR complication works just great.