Free Remote Android Support App

zikkapp

Jun 26, 2013
Zikk is unique mobile to mobile remote support app.

So what's so special about Zikk?

It is designed for consumers and not for IT depatments and operators,
therefore it is extremely simple and user friendly.

It provides full privacy protection - no screen sharing, and no access to SMS, email, etc.

It doesn't require constant internet access, and doesn't prevent the recipient from using his
phone for other purposes during the process.

It supports all Android devices (2.2 and above).

In addition to remote support, Zikk contains a local settings menu which uses Zikk's simple
and friendly interface.

When people have a hard time setting up their smartphones, they ask help from their friends
and family - Zikk enables users to help each other.

APK attached. Also available on Google-Play (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zikk.alpha)
where you will also find a short and helpful demo video. You van also find the video on YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsP9-Lpfwpk).

Last edited:

zikkapp

Jun 26, 2013
So both people need Zikk installed, I presume? Does the person you are helping get prompted to download it?
Correct. If the selected contact does not have the app, the user will be asked to allow sending
an automatic SMS with a link to the download page. There is also a share option where you can
send this message (via SMS, WhatsApp, Facebook, etc.) to one or more people.

zikkapp

Jun 26, 2013
This really does sound great; however, does it support wifi-only tablets? Is the phone number just to receive verification code? If so, will any mobile phone number work?
The current version is designed for Android phones does not support WiFi-only tablets or
large screen tablets, however in a few weeks I will publish the tablet version, which will
include UI adjustments, tablet related features and a different registration process.

SystemErrorOne

Jun 7, 2011
Jacksonville
Zikk is unique mobile to mobile remote support app.

APK attached. Also available on Google-Play (com.zikk.alpha)[/URL] where you can also find
a short and helpful demo video.

Fix the link.... & Also it'd be nice to add a promo pictured visual (Banner, slide show,ect) above to ease all the questions asked below.
Nicely done though. Props.

zikkapp

Jun 26, 2013
Fix the link.... & Also it'd be nice to add a promo pictured visual (Banner, slide show,ect) above to ease all the questions asked below.
Nicely done though. Props.
Thanks, updated - since I'm a new member I can't post links so
I posted the app's package name and the title of the demo video
on YouTube. I will replace it with actual links as soon as I can.

shadie21

Oct 3, 2011
I like the app a lot, but what make it one of the best is if I could move, install, & uninstall system apps, and a root file manager so that we can help rooted users also

zikkapp

Jun 26, 2013
I like the app a lot, but what make it one of the best is if I could move, install, & uninstall system apps, and a root file manager so that we can help rooted users also
Actually a version for rooted users is an interesting idea. Not sure how common "less tech savvy"
rooted users are though. If you have more ideas for features for rooted users I would love to hear them.

Reactions: johnson8cyl

johnson8cyl

Feb 28, 2010
Fort Worth
I actually have a friend who is just getting into root use who calls for advice when he needs it. Let's be honest we were all beginners once and maybe could have used a little hand. He moved recently so there is distance involved now. This looks like a great idea.

I would love to have access to the settings menus, root file explorer and perhaps apps he already has installed such as set CPU or apps of that nature.

Beginners in root use are just as confused by root abilities as beginners in android are of it's stock features at times.

It would be really great to be able to start a log cat app and have your friend do something that normally causes a crash for example if they are not advanced enough to run one themselves. A current issue I have on hand. Trying to explain how to run one and sending videos to watch.

Hope this keeps going :thumbup::D

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium