[FreeXperia Project] AOSP Android 5.1.x

Search This thread

freexperia

Dec 23, 2014
howto flash

download Android SDK
http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html#Other
in adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-xxxxxxxx/sdk/platform-tools folder you have the required files

copy the following files in same folder where your AOSP image files are
adb.exe
AdbWinApi.dll
AdbWinUsbApi.dll
fastboot.exe

fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash userdata userdata.img

disconnect device, press power and enjoy!

someone755

Sep 27, 2011
Ljubljana
For the newbies:
You don't need the entire SDK. Just download a small ADB and Fastboot package from XDA, it'll make your life much easier.

Builds are building and/or uploading, will be available on: http://fxpblog.co/aosp/aosp-5-0/

someone755

Sep 27, 2011
Ljubljana
Bootloader locked or unlocked only?

I'll be quick here:
Until root for a locked bootloader has been found for the Z3 series, no ROM can be flashed.
And even after (or if) you get a recovery and root working on a phone with a locked bootloader, there's still something you have to consider: you cannot flash boot images others than completely stock ones onto a device with a locked bootloader.
This ROM's functionality is completely different than that of any stock ROM, meaning it requires its own boot image (so, one that is not stock).

Reactions: lirondeespaña

dillalade

Sep 28, 2009
Richmond
Maybe no builds today, they should announce this after at least one build is uploaded.

That would have made sense.
Effort is underway nevertheless.

Be interested to see how long it takes to achieve Daily Driver status. I suspect that's far away... Be surprised if DD aosp for z3c arrives before the z4c hits shelves.

Anyway thanks for working on the z3c. Look forward to peoples experiences with this.

jsscx

Oct 11, 2011
Beijing
Lol...trust in them,they are nearly the only ones who work a lot on our device.And I just couldn't keep patience,z3c is not popular ,which causes it so slow to see any booting builds on it :p
edit:
finally found it,http://uploaded.net/f/dv4mt9
sry for previous words.
will test
edit2:
Flashed.
1.no modem band,while wifi works
2.nfc dosen't work
3.no sound,no camera
There may be more issues,but these ones make it not a daily drive...
but at least it boots,and works smoothly!Thank you.

Last edited:

dillalade

Sep 28, 2009
Richmond
Lol...trust in them,they are nearly the only ones who work a lot on our device.And I just couldn't keep patience,z3c is not popular ,which causes it so slow to see any booting builds on it :p
edit:
finally found it,http://uploaded.net/f/dv4mt9
sry for previous words.
will test
edit2:
Flashed.
1.no modem band,while wifi works
2.nfc dosen't work
3.no sound,no camera
There may be more issues,but these ones make it not a daily drive...
but at least it boots,and works smoothly!Thank you.

Thanks for posting your exoerinece for others to know what's what.

Given this is the first build.... We can only expect improvements which is a good thing. Now they have the build trees and nightlies in order. So let's hope for good progress to follow.

Either way this is good news.. We all have itchy feet for aosp, but at least the devs are now beginning to make strides. So thanks to them for that alone.

Last edited:

someone755

Sep 27, 2011
Ljubljana
There's a 29/12 build. I wonder if it's anything new or just a daily build.

Also, @freexperia what are the sources you're using? I tried looking through your GitHub account but didn't find an aries device tree -- or are you just using the sonyxperiadev branches?

EDIT: Would you guys mind if I mirrored a build every once in a while? DepositFiles and Uploaded cap their download speeds at 50kB/s, way below what most of the planet has.

EDIT2: Here's the mirror I made (hope it's alright with you guys). Took me over 2 hours to get 300MB of data downloaded lol don't want anyone else to feel my pain.https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzcBVe17cfU-eFp1WnZ3VDRtbUE
I'll be compressing everything I upload with LZMA/LZMA2 and at least a 256MB dictionary -- I'd advise you to have at least 300MB of RAM free when extracting these archives.
Anything RIL-related isn't working (at least not as I can see) -- I have a logcat attached of me fooling around, opening a few apps and such. Perhaps it'll help somebody.

Attachments

• logcat.zip
    78.9 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Reactions: dillalade

freexperia

Dec 23, 2014
hi
we use sony ones
mirroring is useless since new build comes every day
br
There's a 29/12 build. I wonder if it's anything new or just a daily build.

Also, @freexperia what are the sources you're using? I tried looking through your GitHub account but didn't find an aries device tree -- or are you just using the sonyxperiadev branches?

EDIT: Would you guys mind if I mirrored a build every once in a while? DepositFiles and Uploaded cap their download speeds at 50kB/s, way below what most of the planet has.

EDIT2: Here's the mirror I made (hope it's alright with you guys). Took me over 2 hours to get 300MB of data downloaded lol don't want anyone else to feel my pain.https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzcBVe17cfU-eFp1WnZ3VDRtbUE
I'll be compressing everything I upload with LZMA/LZMA2 and at least a 256MB dictionary -- I'd advise you to have at least 300MB of RAM free when extracting these archives.
Anything RIL-related isn't working (at least not as I can see) -- I have a logcat attached of me fooling around, opening a few apps and such. Perhaps it'll help somebody.

someone755

Sep 27, 2011
Ljubljana
hi
we use sony ones
mirroring is useless since new build comes every day
br

Thanks for that!
But does each build improve on the previous one? A lot of the daily builds are in essence just copies of the older builds with the only difference being the time at which they were built. At least that's the situation with daily CM builds for this and some other devices.

jug6ernaut

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 7, 2006
San Antonio, Tx
Thanks for that!
But does each build improve on the previous one? A lot of the daily builds are in essence just copies of the older builds with the only difference being the time at which they were built. At least that's the situation with daily CM builds for this and some other devices.

Dailies are a development tool, not a consumer tool. They are built with what is in the repo's at that time, every day.

If you want builds that are consumer focused with constant improvements over previous you should only flash release builds. Not only will dailies not always be better then the previous, its very likely that they will be worse at time.

someone755

Sep 27, 2011
Ljubljana
Dailies are a development tool, not a consumer tool. They are built with what is in the repo's at that time, every day.

If you want builds that are consumer focused with constant improvements over previous you should only flash release builds. Not only will dailies not always be better then the previous, its very likely that they will be worse at time.

I am aware of that, but I was merely pointing out that not every build brings changes as many builds' only difference than the rest is the date on which it was built -- often, the repo stays the same for several days.
I am in no way blaming them or requesting anything from them, just wanted to point out why I believe mirrors aren't pointless.

jsscx

Oct 11, 2011
Beijing
I am aware of that, but I was merely pointing out that not every build brings changes as many builds' only difference than the rest is the date on which it was built -- often, the repo stays the same for several days.
I am in no way blaming them or requesting anything from them, just wanted to point out why I believe mirrors aren't pointless.
Maybe what we need is changelog

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,

We are starting today daily AOSP builds for all 2014 Sony devices so that you can enjoy a NEXUS like experience

Thanks
    SONY for publishing AOSP base gits
    All AOSP developers and testers

Sources
    https://github.com/fxpdev

Download
    http://fxpblog.co/
    hi all
    new android 5.1 snapshot pushed with stable 3.10 kernel
    Enjoy
    FreeXperiaTeam
    I'm sorry if this seems spam-ish, but there's another update for me to report on!

The prima repository got an update on Jan 5 and 7 (didn't report about 5, sorry, didn't notice).
    https://github.com/sonyxperiadev/prima/commits/master
    Seem to be all WiFi fixes (not sure) and I'm not sure if this applies to the shinano board (or the aries device).

Next up is the kernel which saw action sometime today.
    https://github.com/sonyxperiadev/kernel/commits
    There's something WiFi-related, and some video tweaks, both of which (I think) apply to the shinano board. The latter seems important as it's mainly taken from hammerhead (Nexus 5) code.

Also to report on is the fact that builds for January 6th and 7th have not been uploaded. The same goes for some devices' 5/1 or 4/1 builds. Before anyone asks, the freexperia team has not yet made an announcement (through XDA or otherwise) why this is so. I myself wonder if it is because of the GApps thing or if the cause is an internal server error. They might also have gotten a hint that there are a lot of updates to come, making it better to release them all in one go. In any case, we should find out soon.

If OP doesn't mind, I'd gladly post a recap of what's going or twice a week or so -- saving us from posts asking about progress and the public's confusion.
    Android 5.1 has been uploaded
    on some devices first build will not boot because of a bug in dts packing
    we will solve it soon
    Enjoy
    FreeXperiaTeam
    first impressions:

it boots.. no cellular data but you can make phone calls. no camera app. touch screen insensitive sometimes. wifi working.. everything seems working but cellular data and there is no 4g only 2g and 3g.

will test more and report back.....

Edit: camera not working

Thank you @freexperia team .. A stable 3.10 kernel with only camera and data not working.. This is really imprissve. Amazing work guys