• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Friends & Family Code Request Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

motrinHD

Nov 30, 2011
hello all,
I am willing to trade my near mint nexus 5x, it is currently ROM less, unlocked with twrp installed. I have been trying to revert back to stock Google 8.0, but I have not been able to. let me know,I can provide pics.

a63548

Apr 6, 2009
I've got nothing to trade, but my Nexus 6P just started bootlooping. Would be forever grateful for a code. Please PM me if you are willing to part with one. Thank you very much! :)

trungngo13

Jul 22, 2008
how long after submitting the form did you have to wait for the code?

---------- Post added at 07:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 AM ----------

How long about submitting the form did you have to wait for the code?

Sell my code on ebay now for 90€ , if anyone inerested you will find it at phrase "essential code" under advanced search location worldwide.

gdanko

Oct 4, 2010
San Diego, CA

It's fine. In great condition.

---------- Post added at 03:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:57 PM ----------

I've got nothing to trade, but my Nexus 6P just started bootlooping. Would be forever grateful for a code. Please PM me if you are willing to part with one. Thank you very much! :)

Bootloop is easy to fix.

---------- Post added at 04:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:59 PM ----------

I see all these guys trying to sell F&F codes. Maybe it's the fact that I'm at a place in my life where 100-200 isn't a big deal to me or maybe I appreciate the sense of community more than some, but trying to take something you got for free and profit from the community seems a little shady. In my opinion it goes against what community stands for. My goal was to get an Essential to play with it and see how I like it compared to my OnePlus 5. Sure I can afford$100 for an invitation but it brings a couple of things to mind. First of all, how do I know the code hasn't been redeemed? I have absolutely no recourse if the code is bad. Second, like I said earlier, it's kind of unethical to try and profit off of the community.

Goronok

Mar 24, 2011
Chicago
I see all these guys trying to sell F&F codes. Maybe it's the fact that I'm at a place in my life where 100-200 isn't a big deal to me or maybe I appreciate the sense of community more than some, but trying to take something you got for free and profit from the community seems a little shady. In my opinion it goes against what community stands for. My goal was to get an Essential to play with it and see how I like it compared to my OnePlus 5. Sure I can afford$100 for an invitation but it brings a couple of things to mind. First of all, how do I know the code hasn't been redeemed? I have absolutely no recourse if the code is bad. Second, like I said earlier, it's kind of unethical to try and profit off of the community.

To my knowledge, nobody got a code for free. These are all people that overpaid for their device. Instead of offering a refund, they gave these people a crap $200 code.

The only thing "off" about any of this, is that some people expect to get one for free.

gdanko

Oct 4, 2010
San Diego, CA
To my knowledge, nobody got a code for free. These are all people that overpaid for their device. Instead of offering a refund, they gave these people a crap $200 code.

The only thing "off" about any of this, is that some people expect to get one for free.

Wrong. The purchase of the device for 699 was a conscious decision. The fact that sales were poor and the price dropped is completely unrelated. I personally wouldn't sell one if I had one. It's unethical. Again, maybe I'm at a point in my life where I wouldn't sweat that. Maybe I'm the crazy one. Who knows?

gdanko

Oct 4, 2010
San Diego, CA

Nobody overpaid. Unless there was a gun to their head or something along those lines, people chose to go the device for that price. The iPhone X is completely overpriced but people will buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have a code of my own coming, but since everyone is in here asking for free money, I'd like a few hundred dollars if someone wants to hook me up!

Careful of user zpowell91. Hes a scammer
    I laugh at the unethical part.. Because pretty much anything that doesn't involve getting a code for free is considered unethical. Well, if you're asking for a code, then guess what? That could be considered unethical since it's a "Friends and Family" code , not a "Strangers who ask on the internet" code. Lol

I bet you guys would consider me using my own code and then turning around and selling the device as unethical as well huh? Or how about I sell one of you the phone I've been using for a month and a half with no case for 350 bucks, and use my own code (in my daughter's name) and get a brand spanking new one for myself... Guess that's unethical as well. Huh?

Bottom line it's business. It's supply and demand and there is nothing wrong or unethical about it. If someone wants to charge someone else for something.. And someone is fully willing to pay for it, well, then it's no harm or foul and everyone is happy. It's only unethical in the eyes of someone not willing to pay for it. Just like no one put a gun to our head and made us pay full price for the phone, no one is putting a gun to someone's head and making them pay for it. They have a choice.. It's how business works. Like it or not, that's how it is. Bill gates use to tell his closest friends never to tell him something they wouldn't want him to use against them in business because he would. Just like the iPhone X. People are crying that other people are listing them for crazy amounts and it's unfair. No.. It's not.. That person worked harder to ensure they would be one of the first to get it, that person may want the device as well but is one of those people that doesn't need it NOW! And is willing to wait and give his up at a premium to someone else is willing to pay not to wait. So they are getting paid to wait, the buyer is paying not to wait.. It's supply and demand. If someone is willing to pay 1,000,000 for an iPhone, I bet you everyone in the world would be trying to sell them their iPhone for a million bucks. My point is, is that it's not unethical.. It's economics and business.. It's the way all businesses were built. If no one was willing to pay for them, then guess what? Then I'm sure people would be giving them away, but as long as someone is willing to pay, then there is going to be someone there willing to sell..

Yes, No one put a gun to our head and made us pay 699 for the phone, but at the same time there is nothing wrong with us being a little bitter about a $200 price drop not even 2 months after owning the devices and only getting a friends and family code. Sue some of us for wanting to recoup something even if it's just 50-100 bucks.. Just crucify us.. How dare we do something so unethical?!?

The only unethical thing I see about this is that it's going against the rules of xda about no selling though the forums.

I for one am not selling a code and probably won't even request one but just wanted to throw my 2cents in there.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
    the amount of the new accounts asking for a code is making me sick