from OnePlus to Xiaomi

Search This thread

manus31

May 7, 2016
Thinking of swapping my 6T for a Mi 9T but a bit hesitant for a couple of reasons,

Mostly Oxygen OS. Would likely miss that and frequent updates,but

Xiaomi seems to have more features and the new modern design of Mi 9T is appealing with better cameras

Can more or less make a straight swap for the Mi 9T

Has anyone moved from Oneplus to Xiaomi mi 9T/k20

Interested to hear any regrets or positive experiences

Pheggas

Apr 2, 2017
Thinking of swapping my 6T for a Mi 9T but a bit hesitant for a couple of reasons,

Mostly Oxygen OS. Would likely miss that and frequent updates,but

Xiaomi seems to have more features and the new modern design of Mi 9T is appealing with better cameras

Can more or less make a straight swap for the Mi 9T

Has anyone moved from Oneplus to Xiaomi mi 9T/k20

Interested to hear any regrets or positive experiences
I moved from Op3T to 9T and I really miss the feeling from oos. I don't know how describe it but this is more smooth than fast. You can make it fast without lags but it's a bit different feeling. What about features, MIUI is better. Tons of features. More than on OOS. But I'll probably switch to AOSP soon.

It's definitely not bad but I'm not used to use MIUI as daily driver. It's just my personal opinion. It's also can be caused by different aspect ratio 21:9 instead of 16:9.

Long story short, go for it! It's a fast beast like every OP phone! No lags at all with 0,5 animation speed and when I need something fast,with this beast it's not problem!

Odoslané z Mi 9T pomocou Tapatalku

Last edited:

manus31

May 7, 2016
I moved from Op3T to 9T and I really miss the feeling from oos. I don't know how describe it but this is more smooth than fast. You can make it fast without lags but it's a bit different feeling. What about features, MIUI is better. Tons of features. More than on OOS. But I'll probably switch to AOSP soon.

It's definitely not bad but I'm not used to use MIUI as daily driver. It's just my personal opinion. It's also can be caused by different aspect ratio 21:9 instead of 16:9.

Long story short, go for it! It's a fast beast like every OP phone! No lags at all with 0,5 animation speed and when I need something fast,with this beast it's not problem!

Odoslané z Mi 9T pomocou Tapatalku

I'm sure you are definitely feeling good about it coming from a now old op3T. I still have last year's 6T so probably more of a downgrade in my case.

I had the Op3,op6 and 6T,but 7 pro is too expensive. Might make a temporary switch to the 9T for one year then go for a OnePlus 8.
Just have the feeling Ill really miss Oxygen OS updates and getting Android Q fairly fast but on other hand Id really enjoy the bigger battery,AOD,faster fingerprint and cameras on the Xiaomi.

One of the things I really hate about switching phones is having to get cases and screen protectors
Man I hate putting them things on. I only use film protectors too and Xiaomi don't pre install any

Scarface1991

Jul 30, 2011
I'm sure you are definitely feeling good about it coming from a now old op3T. I still have last year's 6T so probably more of a downgrade in my case.

I had the Op3,op6 and 6T,but 7 pro is too expensive. Might make a temporary switch to the 9T for one year then go for a OnePlus 8.
Just have the feeling Ill really miss Oxygen OS updates and getting Android Q fairly fast but on other hand Id really enjoy the bigger battery,AOD,faster fingerprint and cameras on the Xiaomi.

One of the things I really hate about switching phones is having to get cases and screen protectors
Man I hate putting them things on. I only use film protectors too and Xiaomi don't pre install any

I doubt that the fingerprint reader on the Mi9T is faster than the one on the OP6T. Especially when the screen is off it takes some time until it recognizes your fingerprint. At least for me it's the case. I know there are people here that say it's very fast but I have a different experience. About 30 percent of the time I need to place my finger on it a second time for it to recognize it. Maybe it's because of my tempered glass screen protector, I don't know. However if my device is unlocked and I open an App that works with a fingerprint log in then it works every time and very fast too. So it's probably the lack of optimization on Xiaomis side.

cz26m

Jun 7, 2010
Hello,
I'm from the op6. The display and the battery life are better at mi 9t. This is felt as fast as my op6. The camera is with googlecam on the same level. Video is missing the Ois.
By chris

dapezzz

Jan 21, 2008
Switching from OP3T to Mi9T.
For me everything is better in Mi9T, except :
- Lack of front notification LED (I don't consider popup camera's LED usable in most situations...). And standard Mi9T's AOD is missing notifications icons for my most used apps (MS Outlook for instance) and for non standard notifications (news, banking, etc...)
- Fingerprint sensor slower
- Lack of App Drawer in stable MIUI (installed POCO launcher as a workaround)
- I miss the DND side button on OP3T. Got really used to it :(

I have to say that Battery is incredible on Mi9T, this is a real game changer ! (2 full days with normal usage, nearly 3 days with moderate usage)

frisky124

Mar 5, 2013
Warsaw
I moved from Oneplus 6.

Mostly for battery life and I got much better one.

The other things may be irritating right after switching but one can deal with them. Just be strong for 1 week :)

For 9T>OP6
- battery life
- cameras
- speaker

On par 9T=OP6
- screen
- speed

Against 9T<OP6
- weight, one can feel it
- autobrightness, very poor when dark
- compatibility issues (like Android Auto)

I don't mention fingerprint scanner - it is slower at 9T but having it under the screen gives (me) more comfort.

The system is not so easy to root like OP, but with Youtube Vanced, adblocking browser and an app like SystemUI Tuner you can have root-like experience. Actually, 9T is my first non-rooted phone ever since 2011 and I am suprised how easily I accepted it like it was ;)

Scarface1991

Jul 30, 2011
Switching from OP3T to Mi9T.
For me everything is better in Mi9T, except :
- Lack of front notification LED (I don't consider popup camera's LED usable in most situations...). And standard Mi9T's AOD is missing notifications icons for my most used apps (MS Outlook for instance) and for non standard notifications (news, banking, etc...)
- Fingerprint sensor slower
- Lack of App Drawer in stable MIUI (installed POCO launcher as a workaround)
- I miss the DND side button on OP3T. Got really used to it :(

I have to say that Battery is incredible on Mi9T, this is a real game changer ! (2 full days with normal usage, nearly 3 days with moderate usage)

Try this App for the notification LED:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/mi-9t/themes/notification-led-simulation-app-t3950801

manus31

May 7, 2016
How's general OS stability.Hearing some bugs but noone really elaborates

Google apps for example,Gmail, photos, notifications,

Are they working okay,syncing data etc.

Everyone knows the features are great but if basics not working properly then I see no point

Shlyify

Sep 8, 2016
Dont do that, MIUI is ****, i always have problem with notifications on this system, got mi max3, pocophone f1.
You will have probably custom roms soon but they are so unstable and bugged i tried so many on Poco f1, and they are all bad :p.
I would pay extra 100$ for normal android like oxygen OS or android one but phone with these systems and good socs are more expensive...

Reactions: Jacky113

manus31

May 7, 2016
Dont do that, MIUI is ****, i always have problem with notifications on this system, got mi max3, pocophone f1.
You will have probably custom roms soon but they are so unstable and bugged i tried so many on Poco f1, and they are all bad :p.
I would pay extra 100$ for normal android like oxygen OS or android one but phone with these systems and good socs are more expensive...
This is my inclination,so it is really that sh*t then.
Would probably drive me mad compared to the stability of Oxygen OS

Shlyify

Sep 8, 2016
This is my inclination,so it is really that sh*t then.
Would probably drive me mad compared to the stability of Oxygen OS
Miui is stable, but it's really heavy system and notifications is not always working best way. I said that custom roms are unstable :), especially GSI
Go to xiaomi store, try some phones. Like mi a2 and compare it to same spec/price phone like redmi note 7.A2 would be much smoother.
Don't get me wrong xiaomi have great phones i have ordered one mi 9t too, but this system is rly ****ty xD.If i have more money(2x) i would buy OP/Pixel.

manus31

May 7, 2016
Miui is stable, but it's really heavy system and notifications is not always working best way. I said that custom roms are unstable :), especially GSI
Go to xiaomi store, try some phones. Like mi a2 and compare it to same spec/price phone like redmi note 7.A2 would be much smoother.
Don't get me wrong xiaomi have great phones i have ordered one mi 9t too, but this system is rly ****ty xD.If i have more money(2x) i would buy OP/Pixel.
Ok.Sounds a bit like if notifications not coming in might be a bit unstable but I get what your saying.Ive made the mistake in the past of buying a phone like the 9T only to realize there's small things that are annoying only to sell the phone and buy something more expensive, Did this last year I think with a Nokia 7 plus only to return it two weeks later for a OnePlus 6.Dont want to make that mistake again with this one

RSM10

• Oct 18, 2015
    I moved from Oneplus 6.

Mostly for battery life and I got much better one.

The other things may be irritating right after switching but one can deal with them. Just be strong for 1 week :)

For 9T>OP6
    - battery life
    - cameras
    - speaker

On par 9T=OP6
    - screen
    - speed

Against 9T<OP6
    - weight, one can feel it
    - autobrightness, very poor when dark
    - compatibility issues (like Android Auto)

I don't mention fingerprint scanner - it is slower at 9T but having it under the screen gives (me) more comfort.

The system is not so easy to root like OP, but with Youtube Vanced, adblocking browser and an app like SystemUI Tuner you can have root-like experience. Actually, 9T is my first non-rooted phone ever since 2011 and I am suprised how easily I accepted it like it was ;)

Same I didn't rooted my K20 as well

Scarface1991

Jul 30, 2011
    How's general OS stability.Hearing some bugs but noone really elaborates

Google apps for example,Gmail, photos, notifications,

Are they working okay,syncing data etc.

Everyone knows the features are great but if basics not working properly then I see no point

Stability is fine here on the global ROM. notifications and apps are working as expected. The only major bug for me is that Android Auto doesn't work.
    Also what I don't like is that on the Lockscreen you can't expand notifications.

RSM10

• Oct 18, 2015
    Ok.Sounds a bit like if notifications not coming in might be a bit unstable but I get what your saying.Ive made the mistake in the past of buying a phone like the 9T only to realize there's small things that are annoying only to sell the phone and buy something more expensive, Did this last year I think with a Nokia 7 plus only to return it two weeks later for a OnePlus 6.Dont want to make that mistake again with this one

I didn't felt any issue with notifications, they come well and good. If you think notifications aren't working just lock the app on recents or apply no restrictions of battery saver on that app or you can simply disable the miui optimizations in developer settings. You can switch to Mi9T/ K20. Its really a good device, you will get used to MIUI easily, its easy and beautiful. I have been using this device from a week and didn't faced any issue. If you want to have any info you can msg me.

Reactions: razielmcr
    Nov 16, 2011
    From OP1 to Mi9t. I really don't like the fact that xiaomi replaced some android stock features to put their own, like the smart lock.
    AOD displays notifications just for some apps, I'd prefer an AOD like samsung, with all the notification icons
    It's heavy
    I do not like the behaviour of the dnd/silent mode: in op1, you could put dnd AND silent mode. Here they are exclusive, and since you get notification for starred contact in dnd, you cannot have them only on vibrate without modifying the settings
    I miss the automation with the profiles, but I solved it with PhoneProfiles
    I would have preferred an SD card

Instead, I like the screen, the battery, even the performance.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I didn't felt any issue with notifications, they come well and good. If you think notifications aren't working just lock the app on recents or apply no restrictions of battery saver on that app or you can simply disable the miui optimizations in developer settings. You can switch to Mi9T/ K20. Its really a good device, you will get used to MIUI easily, its easy and beautiful. I have been using this device from a week and didn't faced any issue. If you want to have any info you can msg me.