From Sense to Stock

Search This thread

Westfire

Nov 6, 2008
Kansas City
So I have had a HTC Sense phone since the beginning on my Android tenure. I haven't used pure stock Google too many times other than flashing here and there. Anyway, I am so used to some of the Sense additions that are either missing or I can't find in stock.

First, Sense links are contacts together for you and you can unlink if you need to. However, I know Facebook hasn't updated their API so you have to download a 3rd party app to sync photos. Also, I manually had to link/merge all my contacts which was a PITA and took forever. Is there a way to auto link contacts together in stock?

Secondly, I hooked into work email and the stock email app is not displaying HTML email. It does on Sense but I can't find any settings in stock email to enable HTML. What am I missing?

Those are the things that have stood out so far. I want to move to the Nexus line and thought a tablet would be a good start. Although a lot of people hate Sense I think it does a lot of things that stock does not. Plus, I really like the uniformity of widgets and it feels more polished. I know Google is getting there though.

Thanks all!

CharliesTheMan

So I have had a HTC Sense phone since the beginning on my Android tenure. I haven't used pure stock Google too many times other than flashing here and there. Anyway, I am so used to some of the Sense additions that are either missing or I can't find in stock.

First, Sense links are contacts together for you and you can unlink if you need to. However, I know Facebook hasn't updated their API so you have to download a 3rd party app to sync photos. Also, I manually had to link/merge all my contacts which was a PITA and took forever. Is there a way to auto link contacts together in stock?

Secondly, I hooked into work email and the stock email app is not displaying HTML email. It does on Sense but I can't find any settings in stock email to enable HTML. What am I missing?

Those are the things that have stood out so far. I want to move to the Nexus line and thought a tablet would be a good start. Although a lot of people hate Sense I think it does a lot of things that stock does not. Plus, I really like the uniformity of widgets and it feels more polished. I know Google is getting there though.

Thanks all!

I'm a pretty serious sense fan. I really enjoy modding and tweaking sense a lot. I just wanted to let you know that pretty much everything widget and app wise that sense can do, you can also get AOSP to do. But it does take a lot of reading on the forums, google searches, or talking to people who have been using AOSP for a long time to learn all of the tricks of the trade and what's possible.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone