Front camera recessed, backlight bleeding in

ILA

Sep 14, 2012
Hello,

I have just bought a Redmi Note 9 Pro (International Model) and noticed that there is a gap between the front camera and the cutout (see pictures). This causes the LCD backlight to bleed into the camera module which manifests in a pretty unusable front "flash" selfies. The gap is about as thick as the screen glass would be, so there might even be no gap, but just that the edges of the glass aren't painted black to isolate the backlight.
I want to ask if this is normal for this model or should the camera module be completely isolated from the LCD backlight?

Also, what charger is delivered with this phone because I've only got a 18W one and thought that 33W charger should go with the Pro model?

Attachments

koshikas

Jun 16, 2015
Colombo
that is not normal, get it replaced. light distribution around the notch is a mess, but that kind of light bleed should be fit for replacement.

the global Redmi Note 9 Pro (almost similar to Redmi Note 9 Pro MAX in india) only comes with 33W charger. Redmi Note 9S(sold as Redmi Note 9 Pro in india) comes with 22W charger

Reactions: ILA

ILA

Sep 14, 2012
that is not normal, get it replaced. light distribution around the notch is a mess, but that kind of light bleed should be fit for replacement.

the global Redmi Note 9 Pro (almost similar to Redmi Note 9 Pro MAX in india) only comes with 33W charger. Redmi Note 9S(sold as Redmi Note 9 Pro in india) comes with 22W charger
Thank you for the reply.

Went to the shop and they've confirmed that it should be replaced. Since the whole process would take a few days, I'll drop the phone off after the holidays.

Edit: On the other hand, light distribution around the punch hole is pretty good with this defect when compared to the demo unit on display at the shop.

Last edited:

ILA

Sep 14, 2012
1. As said above, get phone replaced.

2. My phone came with a full speed charger, not sure why you got an 18w charger with it.
1. Phone sent for replacement.
2. It looks like the EU version (at least in my country) comes with a 22.5W charger, same as the 9S which was a bit strange in both cases... The 18W one I have is a replacement (got mine refurbished, not new).