Question Front Screen Protector

Search This thread

chetly968

Jul 15, 2014
Paradise Valley
Do you feel a difference in the inner screen now?
Honestly no. The screen protector was pretty smooth as it was. Without it, it feels about the same. I notice that it is even less fingerprint prone and the fingerprints that do appear get wiped off more easily. But that's really it. If the little micros scratches on the screen protector don't bother you, I'd opt to keep it on.

Honestly no. The screen protector was pretty smooth as it was. Without it, it feels about the same. I notice that it is even less fingerprint prone and the fingerprints that do appear get wiped off more easily. But that's really it. If the little micros scratches on the screen protector don't bother you, I'd opt to keep it on.
Curious: what will you do when those same micro scratches appear on the actual screen, since you don't have a screen protector on it? The surface of rhe screen is still plastic.

Arr6

Aug 24, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
I got the white stone EZ front protector. Fits perfectly with the carbon case. A tip is to use the case to align the screen protector. Remove the case to let the glass heal then put the case back on.

Even curiouser. That never happened ony z fold 2 so I'm guessing that plastic is more resilient then the cheap stuff that comes pre installed.
My thought is the screen protector on the ZF3 is different than the one on the ZF2. It's made to be tougher than the actual screen, since it's made for the SPen. If the screen was tougher than the screen protector, then Samsung would just have designed the SPen and ZF3 to be used without a screen protector.

If you watch JerryRigEverything durability video and his disassembly follow up video, the screen protector does an amazing job at protecting the screen.

chetly968

Jul 15, 2014
Paradise Valley
Im not an s-pen user. Never once pulled it out on any of my Notes. Except when my son wanted to hear the special effect from my star ward edition one. So I figure I'll be okay. Can always get the screen replaced if there's an issue. And the pixel is coming out soon anyway so I won't be using this phone for much longer. Though I've never loved a phone more (and for me that is saying a lot since I buy roughly 8-10 phones a year).

Apr 23, 2021
ireland
I was just checking the edges suddenly the screen guard came out and won't stick back. so I ripped the entire screen guard. So I had to buy a new xxxxx.
Mod Edit: Post edited.

Gotta keep my hands of the edges this time, Lolz.
1631690484140.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

chetly968

Jul 15, 2014
Paradise Valley
I was just checking the edges suddenly the screen guard came out and won't stick back. so I ripped the entire screen guard. So I had to buy a new xxxxxx Mod Edit: Post edited.
Gotta keep my hands of the edges this time, Lolz.View attachment 5437299
Just an FYI, the aftermarket ones never seem to fit as well as the original. The experience with my z fold 2 always had the screen protector peel off from the top and bottom edges of the crease. And I tried all 9f them with the same result. With the 3 I just pulled it off and won't bother with the hassle, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: blackhawk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes of course you would take off the screen protector. Haven't tried the spigen, but those whitestone are good for $10
    Do you think it will fit with the spigen case with no issues?
    Mine fits samsung silicone just fine. Just line it up with your camera cut out. I'd imagine it would fit
    I have been using hydrogel and it's great. I even scratched the screen protector with a tool at work. I thought I had to replace it but a day later it's as good as new. I am very surprised at the self healing.
    I think all the hydrogel are the same.
    I got it from Aliexpress as it was not available anywhere else at a that time.

This is the specific one I got
    9D Soft TPU Hydrogel Film For Samsung Galaxy
    Anyone going with no screen protector on the front? I had 2 of the ones in the first post in this thread but messed them both when I tried to install them. Was thinking about just going without one and was wondering if anyone else was as well?