• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Froyo Available Via Kies -official Worldwide Release Oct 16-28 for Samsung Galaxy S

Search This thread

jony7

May 20, 2010
Any finish dudes that received an update today? :)
Or anyone for that matter?

Froyo update for Samsung I9000 Galaxy S delayed until October
22 September /gsmarena.com

If you were counting the days until the Froyo update hits the Samsung I9000 Galaxy S we have some bad news - you’ll have to count longer than expected. The update has been delayed in Spain and India and possibly other regions too.
There’s no official press release yet, instead the bad news trickled through Facebook (the Spanish page) and Twitter (the Samsung India account).
It’s not clear what other regions will have the Android 2.2 Froyo update for the Samsung I9000 Galaxy S delayed, but other European countries are probably affected too.
Anyway, the release date for the Froyo update has been moved to late October. The update will be available through Samsung Kies.
If you can't wait, there are other ways to update the Samsung I9000 Galaxy S to Android v2.2 Froyo. We've updated ours and so far it's been working quite well.

Will.1

Sep 9, 2009
Froyo update for Samsung I9000 Galaxy S delayed until October
22 September /gsmarena.com

If you were counting the days until the Froyo update hits the Samsung I9000 Galaxy S we have some bad news - you’ll have to count longer than expected. The update has been delayed in Spain and India and possibly other regions too.
There’s no official press release yet, instead the bad news trickled through Facebook (the Spanish page) and Twitter (the Samsung India account).
It’s not clear what other regions will have the Android 2.2 Froyo update for the Samsung I9000 Galaxy S delayed, but other European countries are probably affected too.
Anyway, the release date for the Froyo update has been moved to late October. The update will be available through Samsung Kies.
If you can't wait, there are other ways to update the Samsung I9000 Galaxy S to Android v2.2 Froyo. We've updated ours and so far it's been working quite well.

Yea but that's for the Spanish version. Engadget confirmed that according to T-Mobile UK the update is scheduled for end of September:
Link: http://www.engadget.com/2010/09/22/samsung-galaxy-s-meets-froyo-by-months-for-t-mobile-uk-customer/
They better not mess this up, i just hate it when they keep pushing back deadlines every month, so unprofessional. Stick to your dates or don't give precise dates u're not going to meet, just makes everybody angry.

Shatun

Dec 29, 2006
hey can you tell us what firmware did it update to? it's vital! thanks lol. and how's everything, i'm assuming it's official since it's via kies. i trust that you haven't does any funky registry editing put your phone in test mode for beta firmwares ;)

I remember for sure that my old firmware had last digit - 3. And I do believe that it was XXJP3. I have bought this phone in Germany. It is pure samsung without rebranding and any locking. I did nothing with that phone to root or flash custom firmware.

Regarding update I tried kies several times before to check for new firmware for my phone and I always got message that I had the latest. Today I wanted to try again due to "23d September" rumors. So I did hard reset to my phone (cos my MTP crashed permanently and no solution helps) and then connected to kies. Kies automatically notified me that new firmware is available. So I have installed it and had hope that it is 2.2. But after review I found that it is still 2.1 update1 XXJM1. Also intresting that all my personal data and configurations survived the update.

AdamDowning

Aug 1, 2010
Rotherham, South Yorkshire
Same with Nokia this. I would get up early in a morning to see if the update was available before I went to college, and it wasn't there, just like FROYO this morning. But, I ain't shifting from JPH unless there is a decent change that intrests me.

zerox_100

Sep 4, 2010
Any finish dudes that received an update today? :)
Or anyone for that matter?
I just tested and there was no update available. :(

[offtopic]
I would send a screenshot but I keep getting this message.
"To prevent spam to the forums, new users are not permitted to post outside links in their messages. All new user accounts will be verified by moderators before this restriction is removed."
I have been an user almost a month now.
[/offtopic]

torres76

Apr 27, 2010
Reading
Same with Nokia this. I would get up early in a morning to see if the update was available before I went to college, and it wasn't there, just like FROYO this morning. But, I ain't shifting from JPH unless there is a decent change that intrests me.

Same here using jph it's pretty good bit laggy sometimes and not so smooth but flash 10.1 works and lots of other extra stuff.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

Billus

Sep 30, 2008
Brisbane
I just tested and there was no update available. :(

[offtopic]
I would send a screenshot but I keep getting this message.
"To prevent spam to the forums, new users are not permitted to post outside links in their messages. All new user accounts will be verified by moderators before this restriction is removed."
I have been an user almost a month now.
[/offtopic]

I think you have to increase your number of posts.

spark001uk

Jan 14, 2010
Surrey, Untidy Kingdom
...according to T-Mobile UK the update is scheduled for end of September...

This is true, I saw the words on the T-Mobile UK support site myself. However, yesterday they then added this:

"Hi there,

We recently announced that there will be a software update for the Samsung Galaxy S at the end of the month, we are still looking to roll this out as soon as possible but have been told the release date may slip by up to a couple of weeks. Of course as soon as we have any more info we`ll let you know.

The update will still be made available through the Samsung Kies PC application.

Regards

Forum Team"

synflex

Jul 1, 2007
Rumors has it that Samsung is most likely to delay the Froyo rollout too. :)

Which would you choose to believe?

valy31

Aug 18, 2010
Bucuresti
just rumors and other rumors.. nothing str8... pfff it's getting anoying. Can someone call the samsung center and ask the main director about this update cuz with this rumors we aint getting nowhere

Will.1

Sep 9, 2009
that's just ridiculous, don't settle on deadlines you can't meet, looks very unprofessional.
The fact that T-Mobile published a release date and had to push it back leads me to believe that Samsung delayed the rollout. They have a reputation to do this and it's making everyone angry.
what do you know, in October it will be "in order to provide the best possible update we have decided to push back the date a little bit, you'll have ur update before Christmas"

valy31

Aug 18, 2010
Bucuresti
i really dont want it as christmas present.. realy. I just want it to see the power of my phone and to see it work nicely and smooth like they promised .. for such a powerfull phone they should be able to realse one hack of an update .

andrewluecke

Jul 11, 2010
that's just ridiculous, don't settle on deadlines you can't meet, looks very unprofessional.
The fact that T-Mobile published a release date and had to push it back leads me to believe that Samsung delayed the rollout. They have a reputation to do this and it's making everyone angry.
what do you know, in October it will be "in order to provide the best possible update we have decided to push back the date a little bit, you'll have ur update before Christmas"

It's a catch-22 though..

If they don't put a deadline, everyone here will be bitching they aren't working on it.. But, there is no accurate way to determine software development time. And at least they are keeping people up to date on the development (and letting them know when things are getting pushed back).

seby79

Nov 8, 2007
Bucharest
i really dont want it as christmas present.. realy. I just want it to see the power of my phone and to see it work nicely and smooth like they promised .. for such a powerfull phone they should be able to realse one hack of an update .

This is the latest update about the Froyo update - at least for Romania - the message is posted here and even if the page in written in the Romanian language the threat was posted on the official Romanian Samsung Club.

For those who wants to know what the threat says: ''around 15th October the upgrade to Froyo will be available and it will be done using Keis

lupy

Aug 30, 2010
Bucharest
This is the latest update about the Froyo update - at least for Romania - the message is posted here and even if the page in written in the Romanian language the threat was posted on the official Romanian Samsung Club.

For those who wants to know what the threat says: ''around 15th October the upgrade to Froyo will be available and it will be done using Keis
and they say the update will fix the 3 btn problem :D

i think the date of 23 september something like RTM release :p and every country makes there own modifications

Last edited:

riz157

May 23, 2008
London
Phew..I wasn't entirely sure whether to sell my sgs or not but in the end I decided to sell it and wait few weeks for the Desire HD:D. After reading recent froyo updates on froyo delays I'm sure glad I did because constant updating firmware was doing me nut in. Lags gps issues oh boy!
Won't be buying samsung mobile in rush again:mad:.

dizzle118

Sep 5, 2008
REALLY disappointed and shocked to Samsungs commitment and lack of communication regards to the release of Froyo, with each passing month comes another disscussion of Froyo being released next month and I'm begining to full nothing will ever be released.