Froyo for Vogue/Kaiser/Polaris [2010-07-06]

Search This thread

Disturbed21

Dec 17, 2009
ok have tried running it of my class 6 sd card the speed is the same if not faster. there is only one annoying thing the after partitioning with gpart... i left 2 gb of fat then made 512 mb for sys, 700 mb for data . I cannot get the os to read my sd card i mean the fat partition, astro file browser does used it easy but the actual system tells me to insert a sd card any clue on how to fix it?

Last edited:

kallt_kaffe

Mar 13, 2010
www.apedroid.com
Haha, difficult to keep up isn't it!!! I've just about got your eclair build running sweet, i guess i'm gonna have to bite the bullet and give this a go. Definately backing up data though, eclair is running sweet after a few tweaks!

I'm not sure if I'll do any more VaniljFroyo release. Instead I'll contribute to dzo's git repo to put my tweak into the main build instead. I may do an androidupdate if I do some experimental changes or if I want to share something without waiting for dzo to build another release.

kallt_kaffe

Mar 13, 2010
www.apedroid.com
Thank you for your/dzo's hardwork on Froyo release 2. I am sorry if it has been already mentioned but this version is not able to connect to a bluetooth headset. I have tested on a Motorola H670 and a Jawbone on my vogue.

I must say that I haven't tried it with this version but I know that in some kernel versions BT is broken. Try dzo's lastest version and also his latest kernel. If it's still broken, report it in dzo's Fresh Froyo thread or the kernel thread.

garringm

Aug 29, 2008
Leesburg
I'm not sure if I'll do any more VaniljFroyo release. Instead I'll contribute to dzo's git repo to put my tweak into the main build instead. I may do an androidupdate if I do some experimental changes or if I want to share something without waiting for dzo to build another release.

Kalt I think that would be for the best to have just one universal build that several contribte to. I believe this would have the best results in getting a fully functioning build even better. Its amazing how fast the developement is coming along on froyo. Something must have sparked DZO's interest in it cause we really haven't seen or heard much from him other than updated kernels but this is just awesome. Its getting extremely hard to keep up on whats the latest and greatest especially when there were three different builds floating around. I like the idea of going to one spot and having the best of all of them added together take for instance I downloaded and installed your rl1 last night today you have rl2 then I see dzo has another on his site that is supposed to be stable which is the one I should be using. Decisions decisions too many too fast

Last edited:

mnjm9b

Apr 26, 2008

You have a lot to offer and we appreciate all that you do.

would be missed if you didn't continue.

do you plan on pushing your vanijeclair changes to dzo's froyo?
like:
autodetect device
qvga tweaks
wycontacts
custom scripts
etc...

kallt_kaffe

Mar 13, 2010
www.apedroid.com
Kalt I think that would be for the best to have just one universal build that several contribte to. I believe this would have the best results in getting a fully functioning build even better. Its amazing how fast the developement is coming along on froyo. Something must have sparked DZO's interest in it cause we really haven't seen or heard much from him other than updated kernels but this is just awesome. Its getting extremely hard to keep up on whats the latest and greatest especially when there were three different builds floating around. I like the idea of going to one spot and having the best of all of them added together
I fully agree, Froyo has gone from unusable to as-good-as-eclair in no time thanks to dzo.

kallt_kaffe

Mar 13, 2010
www.apedroid.com
You have a lot to offer and we appreciate all that you do.

would be missed if you didn't continue.

do you plan on pushing your vanijeclair changes to dzo's froyo?
like:
autodetect device
qvga tweaks
wycontacts
custom scripts
etc...
Can't say that I plan to do it... Because I've allready done it. :) Most of it has been pushed allready and should be in the next build unless dzo disagree with something I've changed.

mnjm9b

Apr 26, 2008
I like the idea of going to one spot and having the best of all of them added together

the problem with that is... we all have different opinions of what is "Best"

it seemed after a while the only decent active donut was myn's
and for us Minimalists his version was too themed and bloated. (yet worked very nice)

I fear that the same will happen to eclair and froyo.
a clean base build with some essential tweaks is alway appreciated in my book.

so as long as dzo's stays "vanilla" I don't see a problem with using just one.

scooter1556

Feb 13, 2008
Bristol

Don't blame you, things are moving so fast, i've re-compiled from the git repo twice today already. I'll be doing the same as you i think, much easier!! DZO seems to be coping with uploading new builds just fine :)

mnjm9b

Apr 26, 2008
Kalt I think that would be for the best to have just one universal build that several contribte to. I believe this would have the best results in getting a fully functioning build even better. Its amazing how fast the developement is coming along on froyo. Something must have sparked DZO's interest in it cause we really haven't seen or heard much from him other than updated kernels but this is just awesome. Its getting extremely hard to keep up on whats the latest and greatest especially when there were three different builds floating around. I like the idea of going to one spot and having the best of all of them added together take for instance I downloaded and installed your rl1 last night today you have rl2 then I see dzo has another on his site that is supposed to be stable which is the one I should be using. Decisions decisions too many too fast

Don't blame you, things are moving so fast, i've re-compiled from the git repo twice today already. I'll be doing the same as you i think, much easier!! DZO seems to be coping with uploading new builds just fine :)

found this in incubus thread...
...The only reason I've been able to spend so much time on this is that I've been off work sick for the last few days, but I'm better now so will have less time...

garringm

Aug 29, 2008
Leesburg
the problem with that is... we all have different opinions of what is "Best"

it seemed after a while the only decent active donut was myn's
and for us Minimalists his version was too themed and bloated. (yet worked very nice)

I fear that the same will happen to eclair and froyo.
a clean base build with some essential tweaks is alway appreciated in my book.

so as long as dzo's stays "vanilla" I don't see a problem with using just one.

So we keep the functional base vanilla build which I prefer, and we use updates and zips to modify and theme to our liking which should be the prefered method across the board. I personally remove a lot of stuff from every system and add what I want in it to my liking. Which by now most of us should be comfortable in doing if not that is what the search button is for. So maybe that is the answer we leave dzo's build as is with the functionality portion and create threads on our respective boards to tweak, modify and theme at the end users disgretion. Which If I remember correctly thats how myn's started.

Last edited:

zenity

Dec 23, 2008
Scotland
So we keep the functional base vanilla build which I prefer, and we use updates and zips to modify and theme to our liking which should be the prefered method across the board. I personally remove a lot of stuff from every system and add what I want in it to my liking. Which by now most of us should be comfortable in doing if not that is what the search button is for. So maybe that is the answer we leave dzo's build as is with the functionality portion and create threads on our respective boards to tweak, modify and theme at the end users disgretion. Which If I remember correctly thats how myn's started.

+1 from me on that, I also like having a nice clean vanilla build that I can tweak myself, rather than having a bloated over-filled build that tries to please everyone, and ends up breaking under it's own weight.

After all, isn't that what Android is really all about? The ability of the user to configure their phone the way they want it?

garringm

Aug 29, 2008
Leesburg
theres always cyanogen mod 6 coming out soon ;)

Never did get what the big deal with cyanogen mods are I know he does a lot and a lot of our stuff is based off his work but whats the difference between his builds and what we already have from other sources. The last cyanogen I used seemed to run slow at least for me theres a lot of extra stuff in there that I really dont need either.

As of right now I am running Kalts rls2 thats after removing a couple of apps and adding some of mine back in its perfect for me. I usually remove all of the car and dock stuff and any clock other than stock clock app. Livewallpapers are removed as well, twitter was removed too.

I like kalts ideas about keeping a plain vanilla build as long as he keeps it that way and up to date I can live with that.

thoughtlesskyle

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 26, 2008
Outside of Philadelphia
Never did get what the big deal with cyanogen mods are I know he does a lot and a lot of our stuff is based off his work but whats the difference between his builds and what we already have from other sources. The last cyanogen I used seemed to run slow at least for me theres a lot of extra stuff in there that I really dont need either.

As of right now I am running Kalts rls2 thats after removing a couple of apps and adding some of mine back in its perfect for me. I usually remove all of the car and dock stuff and any clock other than stock clock app. Livewallpapers are removed as well, twitter was removed too.

I like kalts ideas about keeping a plain vanilla build as long as he keeps it that way and up to date I can live with that.

that was what i liked about them actually, they were pretty barebones but i like that i can have the battery % in the battery indicator little stuff like that, i didnt find to many extras in those builds ADW was a little slow but its still better than the stock android launcher

sinangis

May 26, 2010
hi bro, i was download vanilijfroyo RLS2 and place in my htc polaris, i tap haret.exe and write default-polaris.txt, when i run hare, the device was vibrate twice and off, please help me ? what shouild i do to install vanilijfroyo RLS2 ?

Last edited:

macgar32

Dec 30, 2009
Tethering

Great job dzo/kallt_kaffe everything is looking good.

Is Tethering coming/available?

And I can't get my phone to go to sleep.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Update: to enable bluetooth pairing do this in a terminal
    $ su
    # chown 1002.1002 /data/misc/bluetoothd

Now not only blueooth pairing starts working again but bluetooth music works too

I've pushed my VaniljFroyo modfications into dzo's repo so there is no VaniljFroyo anymore.

The official thread is here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=710105

The latest build can be found here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/androidhtc/files/

Instructions
    1. Get the latest build.
    2. Rename it to androidinstall.tgz and place it in the andboot folder.
    3. Install system.
    4. Boot the system.

To gain an extra 11Mb of RAM on Kaiser or Polaris, get the kernels I've posted here: Get the kernel from here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=7079594&postcount=299
    Vogue users can get this with the latest official kernel from dzo (2010-07-06)

-----------------------------------

Old stuff below

This is basicly dzo's latest Fresh Froyo release with some minor adjustments.
    With latest I mean the latest version available as I write this which is this version: http://sourceforge.net/projects/androidhtc/files/system-froyo-01-07-10_18.tgz/download

Download: http://sourceforge.net/projects/androidhtc/files/2010-07-02/VaniljFroyo_RLS2.zip/download

RLS2
    - Market now works (Thanks mssmison and Incubus)
    - Slight QVGA adjustments to the drawer phone keypad.
    - Added google maps framework (needed by apps that uses maps)
    - Added Facebook and Twitter from FRF85b just because there was room left
    - Removed nonworking MagicSmoke live wallpaper

RLS1
    - Wifi support
    - QVGA adjusted bootanimation, backgrounds, DeskClock app and Music app.
    - Added bash
    - Added a bunch of nice scripts that I made for VaniljEclair.
    - Added compcache support.

Get a terminal from Market, then use the following scripts (always do an su first):

enable_compcache.sh - Enable compcache (use the command free before and after to see the difference)
    disable_compcache.sh - Guess what it does?
    wifi_level.sh low|medium|high|extreme (medium is the default, low does not work for me)
    default_network.sh
    hsxpa.sh
    gprsclass.sh
    lcd_density.sh

But you propably won't need to change anything but I recommend trying with and without compcache. It propably helps a bit.

Oh, and the odex.sh script is included and can be enabled from userinit.sh, just like with VaniljEclair RLS7 it takes care of upgrades and uninstalls on the next restart of the phone. Not sure really how it affects performance but since odexing the system apps gives a noticable boost it can't hurt.

Don't expect everything to work flawlessly and have fun!

You may want to try another Launcher like the very nice Launcher Pro that is available for free from the Market.
    If cyanogen says this about running Launcher2 (which is what we have in Froyo) on HTC Dream/Sapphire(magic)
    * Launcher2 (too clunky for these devices)
    then I think we have a good reason to try other launchers aswell.
    LOL thank you so much for the deodexed version i'm the first to download :D
    :) I didn't post that one. dzo did.

See this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=710105