Search This thread

SanderX

Jun 13, 2010
The ROM is now available, download.
----
The update is now confirmed and it will be available this weekend:
The Android 2.2 (FroYo) update for HTC Desire will start rolling out across Europe this weekend. As well as including the complete set of Android 2.2 features, the update will contain a few special additions of our own through the latest iteration of HTC Sense. The update will provide 720p video capture, HTC's App Share widget, as well as our enhanced HTC Caller ID, and improved multi-language keyboard. Also, through the update, HTC Sync will allow HTC Desire users to sync their music with iTunes.

HTC Desire users will be notified that the over-the-air update is available to download when their phone automatically checks for software updates. The update won't delete any of the phone's content. However, due to the size of the update, we would advise using a WiFi connection to download it wherever possible to avoid additional data charges.

This update will initially roll out to unlocked HTC Desire handsets. Operator specific versions of the update are undergoing testing and we expect to make them available in several weeks' time.
----
As seen in this news item on the dutch site Tweakers.net, Mark Moons (HTC Director Benelux) says that the froyo update for the Desire will begin to roll out this thursday (tomorrow).

I think this news update is very reliable as Mark Moons also tweeted it "We will start updating the Desire to 2.2 tomorrow, later more devices".

What do you think?

Last edited:

Flaggie

Apr 8, 2010
Read the same thing, I am hopeful.
However called the support line and they did not have official release date yet, but then again what do they know.

(i was actually the person which pointed them to the twitter feed)

PhysX

Aug 19, 2008
HNX
goo.gl
racists!! *justkidding*

that would be really nice news, so it would be awesome if you guys could report, if thats true.

hope in germany we're going to get it too :)

Flaggie

Apr 8, 2010
He just posted a new message:
.Veel (o.a.) Tweakers kijken uit naar 2.2 met extra aandacht voor een specifieke feature.... maar 1 belangrijke wordt niet genoemd! rara...
(many (among others) Tweakers (dutch tech website) are looking forward to 2.2 with extra attention to a specific function (from replies on tweakers.net i deduce the a2sd function).....but 1 important one is not mentioned! who can guess it...

I'm guessing 720P recording.

It is now also posted on the official HTC NL twitter page:
http://twitter.com/HTC_NL

Last edited:

mazeli

Oct 2, 2008
sorry i don't understand what you mean with A2SD+??? i thought this is a built-in feature of froyo? or do you mean something different?

it would be great if froyo would come tomorrow... i thought of rooting my desire this week, but now i will wait to see if froyo is officially coming to the desire :)

pina_

Mar 5, 2010
A2SD+ is a script that can install ALL apps to the SD-card on a new partition. Froyo can move and install all the apps to a seperate folder on your SD when the developer stated so.

aindow

Jun 5, 2010
Leyland
Personally i would advise anyone using debranded phones to use their gold cards when doing any possible OTA updates to avoid the problems experienced with the last OTA update!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    im going to say desire update by the 15th of august :) ill be supprised if my phone updates to 2.2 tomorrow :)
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone