Search This thread

jisin

Jul 1, 2008
Winterthur
The update was for european only phones. For non-branded and simfree phones. I think asia has to wait a bit longer...

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App

Szadek

Nov 5, 2009
Any news from the unrevoked team? I did my root with their tool, and i didnt upgrade yet .But i am so tempted looool. Oh the wait sux always ....

I've got 2.2 now, but...

I've got the 2.2 upgrade yesterday. That's goodness.

However, after the upgrade I suddenly cannot find some apps I purchased via the Market when I was still on 2.1. Apps like ASTRO File Mgr Pro, Advanced Task Killer Pro and Volume Toggle (Pro). They simply are not listed anymore and a Search also won't list them.

First I thought that's because these apps are not compatible with 2.2, however the free versions I can install.

Any ideas anyone?

NoOneCanHelpMe

Jun 12, 2010
UK
I've got the 2.2 upgrade yesterday. That's goodness.

However, after the upgrade I suddenly cannot find some apps I purchased via the Market when I was still on 2.1. Apps like ASTRO File Mgr Pro, Advanced Task Killer Pro and Volume Toggle (Pro). They simply are not listed anymore and a Search also won't list them.

First I thought that's because these apps are not compatible with 2.2, however the free versions I can install.

Any ideas anyone?

check my post on the previous page :))) also go to "manage apps" in settings and just let all apps load :)

NoOneCanHelpMe

Jun 12, 2010
UK
Not even a hard reset fixed this problem :mad: Apps remain missing!

hm, that's strange, all I did was to uninstall an app, then I went to the manage apps tab in settings, then went back to market and everything was there :S

I guess the apps are there but the market app cant find them. I have no idea if an backup app from market would work, I mean if you install such app it may find the files of all apps and back them up and after that when you restore to appear in the market, but that is just a guess :confused:

turbo_lew

Apr 12, 2006
fixed at last

Thank-you HTC, I can now send mp3 via Bluetooth, Have 720p video recording, the screen now rotates to the right and Apps to SD. Also get auto update app.

It wasn't a totally smooth update as it did loss some of my contacts info.

Any one know where they have moved the backup setting, use to be in privacy under setting?

hm, that's strange, all I did was to uninstall an app, then I went to the manage apps tab in settings, then went back to market and everything was there :S

I guess the apps are there but the market app cant find them. I have no idea if an backup app from market would work, I mean if you install such app it may find the files of all apps and back them up and after that when you restore to appear in the market, but that is just a guess :confused:

In Google Checkout all my purchased apps are listed, it's as if Google Market can't tie them to my (upgraded) device anymore. I do use the same old Google account however :confused:. Some purchased apps are missing suddenly, other purchased apps are still listed and I managed to reinstall them, like Rerware MyBackup Pro, the Dolphin License, Battery Indicator Pro, NewsRob Pro etc. This is very crappy :mad:!!!

Last edited:

NoOneCanHelpMe

Jun 12, 2010
UK
In Google Checkout all my purchased apps are listed, it's as if Google Market can't tie them to my (upgraded) device anymore. I do use the same old Google account however :confused:. Some purchased apps are missing suddenly, other purchased apps are still listed and I managed to reinstall them, like Rerware MyBackup Pro, the Dolphin License, Battery Indicator Pro, NewsRob Pro etc. This is very crappy :mad:!!!

yeah this is not good, i have to admit :S I'm out of ideas except if someone experienced could help with playing/copying aroung with system files, but still no idea if this could help :S hope u fix that :(

Peelypeel

Jul 27, 2010
That post was made 2 months ago when Froyo wasn't out even on the nexus one. Froyo is now official.

That post was made 2 months ago when Froyo wasn't out even on the nexus one. Froyo is now official.

Apparently every Android build must be authenticated (whitelisted) in the Market. So Nexus FroYo is not the same as Desire FroYo which is not the same as some cooked FroYo according to Google.

Anyway, I certainly wasn't the only one with the missing "Forward Locked" apps problem. Later that day the problem was solved by Google and the apps reappeared in the Market :).

Last edited:

jisin

Jul 1, 2008
Winterthur
Did anyone try to do a speedtest with 2.2 on desire?

This result is with my desire 2.2 (thru WiFi)
http://www.speedtest.net/result/899420142.png

DeniTCH

Mar 6, 2009
Got it, and here you go, first bug found in 2 mins, Russian keyboard "space" is not a space but "!" :mad::eek:. It makes using russian keywboad impossible. Will submit with HTC.
I have the same problem, I however found out that if you flip your phone and use the horisontal version of the keyboard, it works flawlessly. I guess we will have to live with this bug until HTC makes a hotfix.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    im going to say desire update by the 15th of august :) ill be supprised if my phone updates to 2.2 tomorrow :)