Question Frozen p6pro

Search This thread

fil3s

Aug 30, 2014
bendigo
mobiledevices11.blogspot.com
Has anyone experienced freezing screen on their pixel 6 pro?

I just faced the issue and force rebooted by holding power and volume up until it rebooted.

I have darkliv substratum theme, latest canary magisk on latest Jan update.

NippleSauce

Jun 23, 2013
I could be wrong here, but I believe that you need to disable verity and verification for most Magisk Modules so that this doesn't occur.

Lughnasadh

Mar 23, 2015
Google Nexus 5
Huawei Nexus 6P
I got a bootloop after installing a magisk module 'nabarswap' and had to wipe the device with Android flashtool
In addition to what @foobar66 said about safe mode, you can also remove modules by this method, but it's easier just to disable them in safe mode like foobar66 said:

1. Turn off device

2. adb wait-for-device shell magisk --remove-modules in command prompt

3. Connect your phone to computer and turn it on.

4. Phone tries to boot and the command should be accepted

5. Wait until the command worked and the phone boots up without issues

Also, there is a Magisk Mod that will automatically disable mods if you are in a bootloop. I have it installed but haven't tested it since I haven't been in a bootloop. The developer said it supports Android 12. I've seen at least 1 person who said it works.

fil3s

Aug 30, 2014
bendigo
mobiledevices11.blogspot.com
Thanks for the replies. Didn't receive any notification from the XDA app.

I could be wrong here, but I believe that you need to disable verity and verification for most Magisk Modules so that this doesn't occur.

No apparently you just flash normally , no need to disable verification etc , then fastboot flash boot the magisk boot image.

You should not have wiped. If you boot your phone in safe mode, no magisk modules will be activated and you can remove them.

I tried to not wipe but android flashtool wouldn't proceed, atleast the phone wouldn't , it just got stuck on a screen asking me to factory reset. I figured the only fix was to wipe. And since I've cloud backups of my data, it was no big deal to wipe :)

Cheers

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You should not have wiped. If you boot your phone in safe mode, no magisk modules will be activated and you can remove them.
    I got a bootloop after installing a magisk module 'nabarswap' and had to wipe the device with Android flashtool
    In addition to what @foobar66 said about safe mode, you can also remove modules by this method, but it's easier just to disable them in safe mode like foobar66 said:

1. Turn off device

2. adb wait-for-device shell magisk --remove-modules in command prompt

3. Connect your phone to computer and turn it on.

4. Phone tries to boot and the command should be accepted

5. Wait until the command worked and the phone boots up without issues

Also, there is a Magisk Mod that will automatically disable mods if you are in a bootloop. I have it installed but haven't tested it since I haven't been in a bootloop. The developer said it supports Android 12. I've seen at least 1 person who said it works.

Thanks for the replies. Didn't receive any notification from the XDA app.

No apparently you just flash normally , no need to disable verification etc , then fastboot flash boot the magisk boot image.

I tried to not wipe but android flashtool wouldn't proceed, atleast the phone wouldn't , it just got stuck on a screen asking me to factory reset. I figured the only fix was to wipe. And since I've cloud backups of my data, it was no big deal to wipe :)

Cheers
    You don't need to disable verity & verification as long as you use Canary Magisk 23016 or later. Most Magisk mods won't modify the boot image header, at least that I know of.