FRP [Factory Reset Protect] Removal for Samsung Galaxy S7 & Edge (SM-930V & SM-935V)

Did this work for FRP Bypass

• Total voters

Kagemusha-

Jan 29, 2013
Just to be clear...
1. Go to the OP, started by Xboxexpert
2. Click on "Download" - you'll be redirected to his Google Drive
3. Save the .exe file (it's a self-extracting zip)
4. Launch the "Samsung Galaxy S7x" file and it will extract the contents of the zip.
5. Launch "bypassfrp.exe" and watch for the Command Prompt window to appear.
6. Follow the directions in the Command Prompt window.

xpmule

Oct 14, 2015
Does this still work ?
I got the drivers setup fine..
Then into maintenance mode.
Then i picked "AP" and selected the 930x .tar file and hit flash and on the phone it says Custom blocked by FRP.
Running a G930W8 from Canada.

Can anyone help me out here ?

Is this patched maybe ?

EDIT:
I found on Youtube another method which didn't work for me also.
That involved using RealTerm a terminal Emulator.
It is used by sending two codes to your phone which makes a text msg/call so you can put in a link to Google to get browser access to then carry on with an unlocking procedure.
For me i couldn't get the menu to put in Google :(

Looks like i have an expensive brick.

Last edited:

jrkruse

Recognized Contributor
Aug 9, 2009
Does this still work ?
I got the drivers setup fine..
Then into maintenance mode.
Then i picked "AP" and selected the 930x .tar file and hit flash and on the phone it says Custom blocked by FRP.
Running a G930W8 from Canada.

Can anyone help me out here ?

Is this patched maybe ?

EDIT:
I found on Youtube another method which didn't work for me also.
That involved using RealTerm a terminal Emulator.
It is used by sending two codes to your phone which makes a text msg/call so you can put in a link to Google to get browser access to then carry on with an unlocking procedure.
For me i couldn't get the menu to put in Google :(

Looks like i have an expensive brick.
Find some combo firmware for phone. It will allow phone to boot. If not odin back to MM. Use eng recovery.img. this allows you to use adb in recovery and you can delete frp using adb

xpmule

Oct 14, 2015
Find some combo firmware for phone. It will allow phone to boot. If not odin back to MM. Use eng recovery.img. this allows you to use adb in recovery and you can delete frp using adb

Not sure i can follow that too easily but i think i get it sort of.
I just said though i tried flashing with ODIN an it said on the phone "Blocked by FRP"
So if it says that i don't see how flashing anything will work.
I think this topic tool was patched maybe with Nougat or something.
If i could flash an older version of Android yeah i bet it would work but i think it's locked down.

All this FRP nonsense seems pretty stupid.
Do people really want this on Android ?
Me ? i couldn't care less.. if someone finds or steals my phone i don't even have a password on it.
This destroys the resale market.
I looked on Amazon and the phone is used at around $350.
And who would ever sell their phone then hand over the email account too ?
I was talking to my room-mate about giving him one of my phones i bought in full and now i am concerned it might not even work.
I still have my receipt and box etc and he needs an upgrade and that has Marshmallow on it so seeing this FRP crap on the S7 i got has me concerned.
I don't see this as Android moving in a good direction.
It used to be that a factory reset was enough.. then who ever had it before has all their private stuff gone and the device can still be used maybe even with a blacklisted MEID
Now ? We re moving towards a landfill of expensive electronics.
meh anyway rant over.

I have no more ideas so i think i am stuck.. i Google'd it hard on Youtube etc.. nothing has worked.
It's Nougat with extra security i think that has me screwed.. and i see no way to get back on MM.

jrkruse

Recognized Contributor
Aug 9, 2009
Not sure i can follow that too easily but i think i get it sort of.
I just said though i tried flashing with ODIN an it said on the phone "Blocked by FRP"
So if it says that i don't see how flashing anything will work.
I think this topic tool was patched maybe with Nougat or something.
If i could flash an older version of Android yeah i bet it would work but i think it's locked down.

All this FRP nonsense seems pretty stupid.
Do people really want this on Android ?
Me ? i couldn't care less.. if someone finds or steals my phone i don't even have a password on it.
This destroys the resale market.
I looked on Amazon and the phone is used at around $350.
And who would ever sell their phone then hand over the email account too ?
I was talking to my room-mate about giving him one of my phones i bought in full and now i am concerned it might not even work.
I still have my receipt and box etc and he needs an upgrade and that has Marshmallow on it so seeing this FRP crap on the S7 i got has me concerned.
I don't see this as Android moving in a good direction.
It used to be that a factory reset was enough.. then who ever had it before has all their private stuff gone and the device can still be used maybe even with a blacklisted MEID
Now ? We re moving towards a landfill of expensive electronics.
meh anyway rant over.

I have no more ideas so i think i am stuck.. i Google'd it hard on Youtube etc.. nothing has worked.
It's Nougat with extra security i think that has me screwed.. and i see no way to get back on MM.
The combonation firmwares should pass odin flash

ethanr214

Mar 9, 2016
Frp removal reply:Hey jkruse

Hey jkruse love ur work, been a huge fan on ur work with both the vzw/hybrid/tmo along with ur ufirm work on both the 7 flat and edge be variants but anyways if I got to where I'm back on a mm stock Rom like tmo apk1 and got through to and how would I go about the delete frp process , I need to get more familiar with and I use odin a lot more unfortunately but of course and to root and a little bit of apk installs def not on the Rom building status of dev work uve shown ty 4 ur time and taking time to break down some of the things I've seen u breakdown for people I know some of em took a lot of patience and I respect that, plz get back to me
Thanks sry 4 autosuggest, sincerely ethanr214 email is [email protected]

xpmule

Oct 14, 2015
how can i bypass it actually? is there no method anymore? maybe flash a older version with odin?
Isn't that what this topic is about ?
That is why that other guy was confusing to me.
This very topic is about using ODIN to flash an older firmware.
It *used* to work but when i try it now on Nougat it says on my phone screen..
"Flashing Blocked by FRP"

Yet we see guys showing up and repeating the same thing over & over.
So what am i missing here ?
If it works why didn't it work for me ?

It also does not explain what "PE1" is.
I am a new comer to this phone so i am not sure what that is technically.
I am guessing it's a group of firmwares.

rainbowxxl

Jun 5, 2016
pe1 is a firmware version for tis smartphone. search for a download list with all stock roms and then search with ctrl+f for "pe1" in one firmware is it in the title

xpmule

Oct 14, 2015
So yeah i got a Samsung brick.. anyone want to buy it or have any creative uses for it ?
Maybe i can make it into a coaster for my coffee table or a big key chain LOL
Thanks Google.. great job on Android guys.

machineland

Oct 13, 2017
Great tool need some help though..

I have got further with this tool than any other thing I have tried to use on this frp phone. I get to this point in the batch file and don't see the Re-type password anywhere. Does anyone have any suggestions????

You should now see a Re-type password screen
DO NOT USE THIS SCREEN TO RE-TYPE PASSWORD
Instead click the "Menu button" on the top right and select "Browser sign-in"
Click OK to accept Terms of Service
Sign in to your Google Account

Thank you for your help....

tobelieve

Nov 25, 2003
Tucson, AZ
Instructions?

I click on download, ran the exe, saved to a folder on the DT, it popped open Samsung drivers which I already had installed so I bypassed, it then opened Odin and....

What next?

slplsnphx

Feb 6, 2011
Phoenix
I click on download, ran the exe, saved to a folder on the DT, it popped open Samsung drivers which I already had installed so I bypassed, it then opened Odin and....

What next?
i'm no expert at all but this is how i finally got around the frp:
once Odin is open flash the boot file in the "bl" spot. for me, using the one included caused bootloop. so i used Samsung_G930_QC_Eng_Boot_Root_v2017-03-01.TAR. then follow the prompts. when you get to the maintenance mode, if you dont have an option #5, dont worry about it (from what i understand, #5 is the adb enable part, but no need for it because flashing Samsung_G930_QC_Eng_Boot_Root_v2017-03-01.TAR took care of that. after that it was as easy as following the prompts.

super huge THANKS to Xbox for this

machineland

Oct 13, 2017
Can't get Odin to not fail

i'm no expert at all but this is how i finally got around the frp:
once Odin is open flash the boot file in the "bl" spot. for me, using the one included caused bootloop. so i used Samsung_G930_QC_Eng_Boot_Root_v2017-03-01.TAR. then follow the prompts. when you get to the maintenance mode, if you dont have an option #5, dont worry about it (from what i understand, #5 is the adb enable part, but no need for it because flashing Samsung_G930_QC_Eng_Boot_Root_v2017-03-01.TAR took care of that. after that it was as easy as following the prompts.

super huge THANKS to Xbox for this

I was going to try this and dl the file. However can't get Odin to work without failing. I have checked that the driver is installed and working on com port 6 and Odin is using port 6. I have tried:
Samsung_G930_QC_Eng_Boot_Root_v2017-03-01
Samsung_G930x_QC_Rooted_BOOT.tar
Samsung_G935x_QC_Rooted_BOOT.tar
I have tried loading under BL and AP The first time I went thru this tutorial I used AP and Samsung_G935x_QC_Rooted_BOOT.tar and I it passed. But I didn't get the change password screen. I have never seen seen anything in this thread that talks about the differences between G930x and G935x tar files that are included in the original posters pack of goodies.

Also I assume that one must reset the phone before this procedure and that your phone is sitting at the beginning of the wizard screen on startup.

Anyone that might be able to help me would greatly be appreciated. :)