FRP locked,Phone locked after flashing OREO in twrp and formatted data partiton

Search This thread

hackintosh5

Sep 15, 2017
The device starts, but how do I flash the frp partition without root?
You don't - but if you have twrp it has root by default. Also LineageOS supports root via ADB without needing to flash anything - just enable in developer options and type `adb root` on your PC, with the USB connected.

Sent from my kminiltexx using XDA Labs

alimokhtarabadi

Sep 22, 2012
I ve tryed roolback firmware of c10 russian,c10 last Version,c10 before oreo Version, cinese Version,european c432 and more but all fail At 5%: rolleyes:
U must only use rollback c10b398
And only flash with hisuite
Not working dload method

Attachments

• IMG_20180802_004906.jpg
    IMG_20180802_004906.jpg
    204.1 KB · Views: 116
Reactions: Markxdx

hackintosh5

Sep 15, 2017
Anyone with LineageOS can root via that. Anyone with TWRP can root via there.
In a root shell:
shell / # dd if=/sdcard/Download/frp.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/FRP bs=1K
Will copy the new working FRP image to your device.
Be careful when working with DD, it is known as the 'Disk Destroyer' for good reasons
And if you have nocheck recovery, you can use DC Phoenix to flash twrp image in upgrade mode, see https://www.dc-unlocker.com/create-config-file-dc-phoenix-software

Otherwise, if you are on complete stock image, try tinyurl.com/h9lbrick

Mumtaz77

Jan 22, 2012
Budapest
I search the internet, but can not find any solutions.
System won't booting, locked FRP and locked bootloader. If i push the power button it's just booting to eRecovery. Fastboot mode and Recovery also available.
Bootloader can not unlockable, because system won't booting, so I can not enable "OEM unlock" and "USB Debugging" options.

Update:Ok. My theory is, if I buying credits for DC-Unlocker, and unlock (temporary) the bootloader, I flash the TWRP again. After that I want to a probe to flash the extracted boot.img, recovery.img, etc, what is HWMT want, to unbrick the phone. My plan is, to chose "unbrick" option in HWMT and all IMG files, what i'm extracted from OREO update.app and HWMT point to need to unbrick. Is this is a workable method, or just wasting my time and credits?

Or other idea to use DC-Phoenix and flash the nougat rom and thats it. But the question is the Phoenix and the service rom repartitioning the phone, and after that the phone coming back to life, or totally bricking, if i not flashing back the oreo?

Please, somebody confirm.

Last edited:

hackintosh5

Sep 15, 2017
I search the internet, but can not find any solutions.
System won't booting, locked FRP and locked bootloader. If i push the power button it's just booting to eRecovery. Fastboot mode and Recovery also available.
Bootloader can not unlockable, because system won't booting, so I can not enable "OEM unlock" and "USB Debugging" options.

Update:eek:k. My theory is, if I buying credits for DC-Unlocker, and unlock (temporary) the bootloader, I flash the TWRP again. After that I want to a probe to flash the extracted boot.img, recovery.img, etc, what is HWMT want, to unbrick the phone. My plan is, to chose "unbrick" option in HWMT and all IMG files, what i'm extracted from OREO update.app and HWMT point to need to unbrick. Is this is a workable method, or just wasting my time and credits?

Or other idea to use DC-Phoenix and flash the nougat rom and thats it. But the question is the Phoenix and the service rom repartitioning the phone, and after that the phone coming back to life, or totally bricking, if i not flashing back the oreo?

Please, somebody confirm.
I would suggest buying a 3-day timed license, you will be able to use all functions of DC and HCU. I assume when you say 'twrp also available' you mean 'twrp also unavailable'. If twrp is available you can just flash frp.img from a working phone, and it will unlock FRP. Otherwise try tinyurl.com/h9lbrick

Mumtaz77

Jan 22, 2012
Budapest
I would suggest buying a 3-day timed license, you will be able to use all functions of DC and HCU. I assume when you say 'twrp also available' you mean 'twrp also unavailable'. If twrp is available you can just flash frp.img from a working phone, and it will unlock FRP. Otherwise try tinyurl.com/h9lbrick

Thanks. I restored my phone back to life with DC-Phoenix Method 2. So it's just working if I flashed Board software, and after that flashed the stock rom. I'M not finished yet, because lost some hardware data, like MEID, Wifi and BT MAC. This infos not included to the phone package, and HCU not show/backup. :(

Honor 8 have a MEID? If yes, there is any chance to find out from somewhere?

Currently I flash B131 with dload method, to bring back the phone to absolutely stock state. my theory is that it is the most stable base, to build up the phone to current available and stable Android/EMUI version.

UPDATE: Ok. It's fully working now. The bootloader code is changed, and after flashing full stock rom's and full factory Resets it's not popup the Setup Wizard, but it's working.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First you have to dload the main firmware file, then the renamed vendor.
    The same happened to me, this: https://xdaforums.com/honor-8/development/firmware-huawei-honor-8-frd-l09-stock-t3696921 helped to rollback and everything works fine :).
    Ok. Just one problem occured for Me: I do a bootloader relock, and this ended a not bootable OS, Relocked Bootloader and locked FRP. Just boot to eRecovery.

Just one problem with this: 360 is not a rollback package, so if you want to refresh (back) to this, just show You an "Installation Failed" message, and nothing more. So 360 just works if you want to refresh from a lower Nougat or MarsMallow build, or "rollback" from a higher build Nougat firmware.

You relocked, then unlocked, and it didn't unlock? Strange. I know atleast that the same unlock/relock commands work with nougat and oreo. I've done it a few times.

360 is a full package(FULLOTA-MF-PV) for my model. Other models have different package numbers.
    You need to have a full package. Make a folder "dload" on root of an SD-card, with "update.app"-file in it. I have also the "meta-inf" and "full_mainpkg.tag" there, but i don't know if they are really needed. Then just boot the phone with power+volup+voldown and it should install.
    I ve tryed roolback firmware of c10 russian,c10 last Version,c10 before oreo Version, cinese Version,european c432 and more but all fail At 5%: rolleyes:
    U must only use rollback c10b398
    And only flash with hisuite
    Not working dload method