[FTF INDEX] Sony Xperia M2 --Stock Firmwares(no root required)

Search This thread

umeshxda

Apr 16, 2014
This thread is here in order to stop spamming our forum with new FTF files. To help users to hunt their needs in a more convenient way. .This works on both Unlocked and locked bootloader. Root is not required to flash ftfs

Required Tools:
Flashtool --Download

BEGINNERS GUIDE

1. Download and install Flashtool on your PC.
  2. Download the firmware you need (from the list below) and move it into the directory C:/Flashtool/firmwares
  3. Open Flashtool, click on the lightning symbol ("flash device"), select "Flashmode" and click on "OK"
  4. Just select the name of what you downloaded and click on "Flash"
  5. Wait for a window to pop up (it may take a few minutes, be patient)
  6. Now everything is ready: turn off your phone
  7. Push the volume-down button, keep pushing and connect to your PC
  8. Once the flashing process has started, release the volume rocker as soon as possible
  9. NEVER disconnect the USB cable until it's finished!!!
  10. Turn on and enjoy!

Problem installing drivers
1.if you have problems with drivers, you should go into the Flashtool\drivers folder to install them.
2.If you are a Windows 8.1 user, you might need a patch from here http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl....aspx?id=41804, then reboot and restart the Flashtool
3. Problems in Windows 8 try this [URL:"http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=38878089"] click here

LIST of FTF's

ANDROID 4.3

XPERIA M2 D2303 Central Europe 18.0.C.1.13 -- Download
mirrors -- Download Download

Xperia M2 D2305 Global Generic 18.0.A.1.30 --Download

Xperia M2 D2302 Global Generic 18.0.B.1.23 --Download

Xperia M2 D2306 BR-version
18.0.C.1.17 Download [/COLOR]

Last edited:

asdaser

Jul 6, 2014
system ui crash

I flashed m xperia m2 with the its default firmware XPERIA M2 D2303 Central Europe 18.0.C.1.13 .

Now when the phone starts it gives me : Unfortunate, System UI has stopped. and i cant do anything on it , it gives me that everytime.

Anyone had this problem and how can i solve it ?

I tried to flash to default rom several times but the error msg keeps appearing.

Any help is appreciated

Thanx

drelite08

Nov 29, 2010
Will need a full reset. Do it from recovery (keep tapping volume down on the Sony boot up screen) be sure to back up all your data though as it will erase the phones internal memory.

Sent from my D2303 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

asdaser

Jul 6, 2014
Will need a full reset. Do it from recovery (keep tapping volume down on the Sony boot up screen) be sure to back up all your data though as it will erase the phones internal memory.

I installed CWM, wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition, wipe dalvik cache , installed stock firmware but sill it gives me that Error... cant do anything on the phone....

any other idea ?

chrisjwild

Sep 2, 2010
Kidderminster
Where did you get cwm for the D2303? The only one I know of that is out is for the D2305. Installing the D2305 cwm on the D2303 will cause you problems.

asdaser

Jul 6, 2014
Where did you get cwm for the D2303? The only one I know of that is out is for the D2305. Installing the D2305 cwm on the D2303 will cause you problems.

I got the CWM from this site androidrootcentral.***/how-to-root-sony-xperia-m2/
the name of the image is M2_DooMLoRD_AdvStkKernel_FW-30_v01.img

Idk if its for D2303 or D2305 , ill start searching cwm for D2303 then

---------- Post added at 11:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 PM ----------

Will there be a problem if I flash D2305 - 18.0.A.1.30 on D2303, to be able to root with doomlord's root method?

I tried installing D2305 firmware on D2303, it didnt work.

---------- Post added at 11:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 PM ----------

I cant find any cwm for D2303... did a full reset again , installed stock firmware for d2303... i still get that error systemiu has stopped....

Last edited:

asdaser

Jul 6, 2014
I got the CWM from this site androidrootcentral.***/how-to-root-sony-xperia-m2/
the name of the image is M2_DooMLoRD_AdvStkKernel_FW-30_v01.img

Idk if its for D2303 or D2305 , ill start searching cwm for D2303 then

---------- Post added at 11:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 PM ----------

I tried installing D2305 firmware on D2303, it didnt work.

---------- Post added at 11:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 PM ----------

I cant find any cwm for D2303... did a full reset again , installed stock firmware for d2303... i still get that error systemiu has stopped....

Never mind i found the problem , had to remove to external SD card... now its working :)

sam22sam

Jul 19, 2009
can you please upload a global firmware for D2303 with arabic language included
the one posted above is Central Europe which hasn't arabic language

thanks in advance and please have a nice day

:)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This thread is here in order to stop spamming our forum with new FTF files. To help users to hunt their needs in a more convenient way. .This works on both Unlocked and locked bootloader. Root is not required to flash ftfs

Required Tools:
    Flashtool --Download

BEGINNERS GUIDE

1. Download and install Flashtool on your PC.
    2. Download the firmware you need (from the list below) and move it into the directory C:/Flashtool/firmwares
    3. Open Flashtool, click on the lightning symbol ("flash device"), select "Flashmode" and click on "OK"
    4. Just select the name of what you downloaded and click on "Flash"
    5. Wait for a window to pop up (it may take a few minutes, be patient)
    6. Now everything is ready: turn off your phone
    7. Push the volume-down button, keep pushing and connect to your PC
    8. Once the flashing process has started, release the volume rocker as soon as possible
    9. NEVER disconnect the USB cable until it's finished!!!
    10. Turn on and enjoy!

Problem installing drivers
    1.if you have problems with drivers, you should go into the Flashtool\drivers folder to install them.
    2.If you are a Windows 8.1 user, you might need a patch from here http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl....aspx?id=41804, then reboot and restart the Flashtool
    3. Problems in Windows 8 try this [URL:"http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=38878089"] click here

LIST of FTF's

ANDROID 4.3

XPERIA M2 D2303 Central Europe 18.0.C.1.13 -- Download
    mirrors -- Download Download

Xperia M2 D2305 Global Generic 18.0.A.1.30 --Download

Xperia M2 D2302 Global Generic 18.0.B.1.23 --Download

Xperia M2 D2306 BR-version
    18.0.C.1.17 Download [/COLOR]
    Decrypt Key for D2305

decryption key for D2305 Global Generic 18.0.A.1.30 ?
    thanks

---------- Post added at 03:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 PM ----------

have you found the decryption key ? i need it

I've found this link (sorry but i can't post link yet)
    mega[dot]co[dot]nz[slash]#!bwp1mDpS!6CD3KCoW44I8wmwaWl68F64luJytSzs_WGEsb-tsyFQ
    that seems the same as provided in this thread plus Decrypt Key. I've founded here
    www[dot]usoftsmart[dot]com[slash]t210222.html
    You can just upload them and post your links here. I'll add them to the OP with your username in the credits.

Credits
    @Jozinek
    @saiarkar
    @gmpdri
    Errr .... Excuse me, sorry for asking...

I have an Xperia D2306 BR, and i would like to know if:
    • Should i turn on "USB debugging" ?
    • Should i close "Sony PC companion" as soon as possible when i plug my xperia on PC?
    • The FW available for download on this page is already rooted?
      • I noticed that the default version of my room started with 2,4 GB of It's internal memory already occupied, should i free about 3GB (for safety) of my internal memory before flashing?
      • Should i turn off all anti-virus/USB triggered softwares on my PC before flashing (probably yes)?
      • After flashing .... shall i reset my whole phone to avoid compatibility issues of old app versions (probably yes)?
        • I must keep my battery charged at 100% before starting the flashing process?

Follow the steps
    1.charge your phone above 80%
    2.start flashtool(no need to disable antivirus programs)
    3.turn off phone and connect to pc simultaneously holding volume down button
    4.select the fw and flash
    5.no need to format the phone... Flashing only formats the phone!!
    Good luck

Sent from my D2302 using Tapatalk
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone