[FTF] Stock Firmware for Xperia Z3 D6602, D6603, D6606, D6653, D6616 Mega Collection

Search This thread

shooter890

Aug 7, 2018
No you don't have to root / unlock your phone to flag a stock firmware

6603 and 6653 are interchangeable... I used a 6603 firmware on my 6653 when MM was first released as I didn't want to wait for the AUS version...and was fine.. the only difference is that the d6603 has more LTE bands... So get the d6653 firmware for your carrier / country and use that and you will be fine.

Also , follow the link to the tutorial on the opening page of this thread for using flashtool.. that is what you will need to use to do this.

Also, a too, do a clean flash ( wipe your data ) ... Will give you best results.

Okay i will follow the above link,
One more thing that came into my mind the do i have to download the firmware according to my CDA version? My CDA version is 1288-5028-R9B
And also should i have to care about the "R9B" part of the cda version? Because my CDA version is only listed for UK region and that listed one's "Rxx" is also different from my phone's

Licaon_Kter

Jun 9, 2015
Okay i will follow the above link,
One more thing that came into my mind the do i have to download the firmware according to my CDA version? My CDA version is 1288-5028-R9B
And also should i have to care about the "R9B" part of the cda version? Because my CDA version is only listed for UK region and that listed one's "Rxx" is also different from my phone's
Ignore those...

shooter890

Aug 7, 2018
This was launched in Sep 2014....last update Oct 2016 (Concept .3657 is my favourite version)...you bought it now....not sure they can even repair it...but "new" is not the word I would use. :)
Yeah but in our country every technology comes late... Here many smartphones are carrier branded like verizon, at&t, docomo...etc. Nowadays sony devices are trending in local mobile markets.
That's why it is new for me atleast!

lu99ke

Aug 20, 2014
Newcastle
Yeah but in our country every technology comes late... Here many smartphones are carrier branded like verizon, at&t, docomo...etc. Nowadays sony devices are trending in local mobile markets.
That's why it is new for me atleast!

Ignore him... It's a good phone and really will do everything you need it to. :)

I wish I still had mine but I'd died from too many drops!!

Good luck!

In terms of bricking your device, there is the chance, using flashtool, that the flash may not work perfectly and the phone won't load... But don't stress... You cannot really kill the phone using stock firmwares .... It will always be recoverable if you stick to the basic processes.

shooter890

Aug 7, 2018
Ignore him... It's a good phone and really will do everything you need it to. :)

I wish I still had mine but I'd died from too many drops!!

Good luck!

In terms of bricking your device, there is the chance, using flashtool, that the flash may not work perfectly and the phone won't load... But don't stress... You cannot really kill the phone using stock firmwares .... It will always be recoverable if you stick to the basic processes.
Yes it is really a good phone.

I have googled about getting it bricked, and yes there are some chances the FSC script in flash tool is bricking some device, and creating mess also with the TA Partition.

lu99ke

Aug 20, 2014
Newcastle
Yes it is really a good phone.

I have googled about getting it bricked, and yes there are some chances the FSC script in flash tool is bricking some device, and creating mess also with the TA Partition.

Yeah the script can sometimes corrupt - bus as long as you use flashtool and stock ROM's, you can always just reflash. The TA partition issue is generally when you unlock the bootloader as that gets wiped...if you are not doing that ( which you don't need to to just flash a stock rom ) - that should not be an issue for you.

Just be aware that once you flash up to MM, you wont be able to go back down again. And it may actually be an idea to step from your KK rom to LP and then to MM.

Licaon_Kter

Jun 9, 2015
Just be aware that once you flash up to MM, you wont be able to go back down again. And it may actually be an idea to step from your KK rom to LP and then to MM.
That's not true, I've did it plenty of times since MM betas and final MM are terrible for battery life. It's not needed to flash 3 times, KK, LL then MM, just flash MM....

shooter890

Aug 7, 2018
That's not true, I've did it plenty of times since MM betas and final MM are terrible for battery life. It's not needed to flash 3 times, KK, LL then MM, just flash MM....
I have recently noticed that on the back of my device it is written SO-01G but in my setting > about device, it is written D6603!
Will that can cause any issues while flashing D6603 latest firmware on it?

zpunout

Aug 26, 2015
Samsung Galaxy S5
Moto G5 Plus
In case anyone is looking for this, here is a link to an ftf image of an early version dual SIM Xperia Z3 D6633 (probably compatible with D6683 too). The link in the OP is dead which is why I'm posting this here.

D6633_23.0.F.1.74_CE.ftf​

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here will be an All In One Thread for Stock FTF Firmwares for the Xperia Z3. Please only Post all firmwares in this Thread we don`t need a thread for each firmware thanks :)

Flash using Flashtool, latest version can be found here! HERE Thanks to Flashtool.net

GUIDE for flashing FTF's by krabappel2548 (be sure to give him a thanks), you do not need to be rooted or have the bootloader unlocked!!!!

Want to know how to create the FTF's? Follow this great GUID by Apollo89 and be sure to hit him a thanks[/SIZE
    ]

Anyone Who posts use MEGA or OceanHost.eu (My Server) Google Drive, Dropbox etc will disable your downloads after a certain amount.

If my thread or server helped give me a Thanks, or if you find I really helped you a Beer or Coffee would be awesome :p
    [FTF] STOCK FIRMWARES for Xperia Z3 All Models Mega Collection

T-Mobile USA D6616

http://oceanhost.eu/h8qo2jxqus9t/D6616_23.0.D.1.123_T-Mobile_US.ftf.htm

Central Europe 1
    [FTF] STOCK FIRMWARES for Xperia Z3 All Models Mega Collection

Mirrors Located here on my Other Server :)

http://storagecow.eu/index.php?dir=Xda/Sony/Xperia+Z3/
    Hi y'all,

I have a question - When flashing over to a generic global stock rom, do I lose my DRM keys? or not?

Thanks in advance

:)

No as there is no US Version of the D6633

Not sure but assume you`ll loose everything as it wipes the phone completely.

DRM keys remain after flashing ftf

Just curious, when using the FTF to flash, would there be an issue of selecting "Reset customizations" (see pic)? Would I lose DRM keys or the TA because of this?

Usually everyone keeps it alone. Just click and flash. Youll be alright ;)

It does a FULL reset of your device and if my memory serves me well, it deletes the TA and the keys

Sent from my C5303 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

The only way to delete TA partition with all DRM keys is to unlock the bootloader, which erases everything (user data included). But Flashtool can't do this with devices from 2012 onwards, as this operation has to be done on Sony website.
    And anyway to flash is NOT to unlock: they are two different processes.
    So don't worry about it. ;)

Flashing FTF files deletes user data, true, but if you don't want this, just uncheck "DATA" inside the wipe box before clicking on FLASH.
    Wiping user data is useful only when you jump from an android version to another (for example from 4.3 to 4.4.4 and vice versa), but if you just need to update the firmware based on the same andoid version you can choose to uncheck data wiping.
    Lastly, when you flash FTF files you erase the system partition, so you always lose rooting permissions, even if you haven't wiped user data.

I see so many people very confused about how Xperia devices and their tools work... I should write a GUIDE in general section to help out maybe ;)
    FTF Collection is completz and uploading

Hello guys and gals! Here's the link to the MEGA folder for the .ftf collection pile. Its quite little at the moment but i'll be uploading far more later on because well MEGA seems to have a problem with bandwith today. I'll upload more ftf's to the folder when I can as I have about 100+ more to go. Hope you guys enjoy! (This is currently for the D6603 Variant)
    e6376da33e5392d32a8a091b827c150e.png

Link to MEGA (https://mega.co.nz/#F!jwpnmLJZ!hlkjAgUf9Jm33GQutuzS0Q)