FTVLaunchX: custom launcher, no root (replacement for LauncherHijack)

Search This thread

0815hoffi

Dec 22, 2019
Munich
github.com
I install this and put:
$ pm grant de.codefaktor.ftvlaunchx android.permission.WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS

And i set this launcher: https://github.com/tsynik/LeanbackLauncher/releases

But every time i type home button it open stock launcher, not leanback.
Help?

Uninstall ftvlaunchx , not needed for this ( no Mode working on )

adb shell "pm disable-user --user 0 com.amazon.tv.launcher"

adb shell "pm disable-user --user 0 com.amazon.firehomestarter"

To access the important Settings install
com.markus.firetoolsNoroot.apk .

To access all Settings you need root,
Install com.markus.firetools.apk
an give root access.

To disable OTA Updates

adb shell "pm disable-user --user 0 com.amazon.tv.forcedotaupdater.v2"

adb shell "pm disable-user --user 0 com.amazon.device.software.ota"

adb shell "pm disable-user --user 0 com.amazon.device.software.ota.override"

To restore / go back to Amazon Launcher.

adb shell "pm enable-user --user 0 com.amazon.tv.launcher"

adb shell "pm enable-user --user 0 com.amazon.firehomestarter"

Attachments

• com.markus.firetools.apk
    2.2 MB · Views: 153
  • com.markus.firetoolsNoroot.apk
    2.2 MB · Views: 173
Last edited:
Reactions: gabardal and stefss

apollo_81

Jun 30, 2016
Hi guys. it doesn't work for me .. Every time I press on the house the amazon launcher reopens. How can I do thank you very much. I use fire stick 2020

n140041

Dec 17, 2020
How "allow modify system settings " permission on fireOs 7. My app needs those permissions. please help me.:cry:

How "allow modify system settings " permission on fireOs 7. My app needs those permissions. please help me.:cry:

As hoffi says a couple of posts up

Make sure you have custom launcher then disable amazon

adb shell
pm disable-user --user 0 com.amazon.tv.laincher
pm disable-user --user 0 com.amazon.firehomestarter

to disable amazon stock launcher

Then

pm grant yourlauncherpackagename android.permission.WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS

Redhawk2000

Jun 1, 2016
I've had this installed for a while now and it works great. Can anyone tell me if disabling updating of the Amazon OS also prevents updating of apps? (I assume that it would block that too) Or are they still automatically updated, or does the stock launcher need to be re-enabled temporarily to allow apps to update?

I've had this installed for a while now and it works great. Can anyone tell me if disabling updating of the Amazon OS also prevents updating of apps? (I assume that it would block that too) Or are they still automatically updated, or does the stock launcher need to be re-enabled temporarily to allow apps to update?

If you enable updating of amazon os (ota apks) there's a good chance your custom launcher/adb/accessibility will break.

If you only want to update apps try downloading amazon appstore on your phone/tablet, download chosen apps and goto "sync content" on your amazon device and they should update.

ASCiiDiTY

Jul 8, 2018
If you enable updating of amazon os (ota apks) there's a good chance your custom launcher/adb/accessibility will break.

If you only want to update apps try downloading amazon appstore on your phone/tablet, download chosen apps and goto "sync content" on your amazon device and they should update.
Apps are still updatable anyway, even with amazon OS updates blocked.

Does this still work with the latest firmware, original non-rooted fire stick 2020? With the 5 sec delay? Thanks!
No ftvlaunchx doesn't work due to amazon disabling certain functions on the new fireos.

You can still install another launcher and then use pm disable commands to disable amazon launcher and firehomestarter apks as detailed in 0815hoffis launcher replacement here, tested on version 7.2.2.3 not sure if it will work on latest

Last edited:
Reactions: Metconnect2000
Great. Will pick up one to try then. thanks!
You can also check here for a full guide to debloat your stick of unwanted junk and step by step instructions for launcher.

mission360

Jun 30, 2017
If you need you can use this update blocker app.

If you have installed this on your mobile enter your firetv ip and if you are installed it on your firetv then leave the ip as 127.0.0.1 i.e. localhost

Click on block

For FOS 5 people, I do not have a fireos 5 device so i don't usually create apps for it, because mostly they don't work.
Has the blocking app been removed? Can't find it to download.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to FTVLaunchX – a simple helper application to allow custom launchers on Amazon Fire TV devices – no root required!

It is inspired by the famous LauncherHijack of @BaronKiko and tries to overcome several issues relating to it:

- Reliably intercepts any & all presses of the home button
    - Starts the selected launcher on boot
    - Starts the selected launcher when waking up from sleep
    - Fixes the ominous missing-cursor bug in Silk
    - etc.

Please find a thorough description, installation instructions as well as the source code over here:
    https://github.com/codefaktor/FTVLaunchX

Get the APK: FTVLaunchX-1.0.1

EDIT: uploaded new release 1.0.1!

If you want to say Thank You or fund further development, then feel free to drop me buck or two, see https://github.com/codefaktor/FTVLaunchX#Donations

Please report back if you did test on your devices (so far tested on Fire TV Stick 2nd Gen & Fire TV Stick 4K) – I will watch this thread for any issues and/or feature requests.
    To fix VoiceView Problem in hulu, Netflix and YouTube, open adb shell and enter the commands.
    Code:
    pm disable-user com.svox.pico
    pm disable-user com.ivona.orchestrator
    pm disable-user com.ivona.tts.oem
    pm disable-user com.amazon.logan

FireTV Settings v1.2 For Mantis (Can also work on 7.1.1 and later)
    View attachment 4998341

For Launcher for FireTV and ShieldTV
    go to this post.
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=82053271&postcount=167

Press :good: it makes me wanna help. :D
    @SweenWolf could there be a setting somehow to open the menu of installed apps (com.amazon.venezia) instead of network settings on long press home (or any other key combo) for FireTV-Settings? That would be awesome to quick launch / change any installed apps. ?

It is indeed a great idea,
    It's easier to switch b/w apps by using this, if not wanting to switch then we can press back to to back to previous app.

Anyway here's an update.

Changelog:
    Pressing back on Settings now takes you to Custom home.
    Long press opens Amazon Default Apps Screen (wait 800ms)
    Double Tap opens Amazon Settings (time increased to 300 ms)
    Long press now works with any app.
    (Tested on Mantis)

These options are needed to be enabled first in the settings.
    Just want to say Thank you very much for your hard work! I have your launcher and FTVLauncherX on 3 firesticks with Skel40's debloated rom and everything I need works great. Thanks again!

That was fast. Thanks, works great.
    @SweenWolf, do you have paypal? Would gladly donate something.

Thank you guys, really appreciate that.

Here is an update for Wolf Launcher for FireTV.
    It can now be set as Default Home on Rooted FireTVs.
    Thank you so much! I finally have my cursor back in the Silk Browser because of this!

Glad that it works for you and you like it :) The main reason why I was creating it was this pesty cursor bug...

Oh, on what kind of device are you using it? Am looking for someone to test it on a Fire TV Cube with Fire OS 7 / Android 9...