Full cover skin

Search This thread

Icarus93

Jul 19, 2007
Vancouver
Thanks for you detail input, much appreciated. If by chance, please provide an update, how you like this product after it all "cured". The only thing that kinda concern me, is whether if this products is removeable and leave no harm to the body. (like leaving not trace or sticky feel)........ I hated the pouch that this phone comes with, if this product works, I am just going to stick the phone straight in my jean pocket............soooo looking forward!!!

Cheers,
Icarus93

Icarus93

Jul 19, 2007
Vancouver
Hi,

I am also wondering if you can post a few shots on your phone, just kinda interested to c the effect on the phone's matt finish.

Thx a bunch! =)
Icarus93

BOBBYDAVIS

Sep 25, 2007
Princeton
Shieldzone day 4

Well I was patient and the bubbles are gone. The largest one was about this big "o". It shrank a little each day until it was gone. The sides are also sticking now. Overall I am well satisfied. The rubber feeling is still there but it seems less. I am not sure if I am getting used to it or if it is less. Either way the finger and stylis are working better.

I did have a scare yesterday. There was a scratch about as wide as my thumbnail on the screen. I couldn't believe it because I did try the key trick...on the back of course. And I couldn't scratch this stuff. Later in the day the scratch just went away. I realized, I had laid the phone on my thumb drive and it made an impression in the material.

I will post updates and try to post pictures later. The phone is very shiny now. It still picks up smudges from use but now I can wipe it once and it comes clean.

If you don't buy the full cover, at least buy the screen cover. This stuff feels indestructible.

aikidoka-mks

Oct 21, 2007
Looking forward to pics. How does the screen respond to the stylus and finger? Any less sensitive? I'm thinking this and a horizontal pouch might be a good combo for me if I get the Sprint Touch

Icarus93

Jul 19, 2007
Vancouver
Hey, BOBBYDAVIS

You have convinced me man, I just ordered my Shieldzone as well, will c how it goes! But I did get a email confirmation as soon as I submit my payment via Paypal. (I got 1 email from paypal and 1 from shieldzone.)

Cheers,

BOBBYDAVIS

Sep 25, 2007
Princeton
Hey, BOBBYDAVIS

You have convinced me man, I just ordered my Shieldzone as well, will c how it goes! But I did get a email confirmation as soon as I submit my payment via Paypal. (I got 1 email from paypal and 1 from shieldzone.)

Cheers,

I used a credit card on mine, but I think the confirmation was killed by my hotmail spam filter. Oh well as long as I got it. Be sure to wash your hands and spray plenty of the solution on your hands and the protector like the video says. Also line up the holes so you have room around the buttons rather than lining up the edges.

One thing I didn't mention, the back didn't have the speaker cut out. I use my headphones, so I dont know if it affects the sound quality.

good luck.

Icarus93

Jul 19, 2007
Vancouver
Again, thx for the tip, couple of things, that might kill the works is, first, I do have shaky hands.....mostly from excess coffee, =P and my hands do tend to heat up and sweat, Hahhaa, will c how it goes, keep you posted. But as per your advise, I will have a tweezer around somewhere.

Note: I am actually a bit disappointed to find out they didn't cut out the holes for the speakers........oh well, I think I can live with that.

Cheers!!

BOBBYDAVIS

Sep 25, 2007
Princeton
Well it has been a couple of weeks and the skin is still going strong. There are a couple of edges that didn't lay down well, but they haven't gotten worse. In fact the skin keeps smoothing out. I tried to take a couple of pictures but the reflection is so bad it doesn't do it justice.

If I had to buy it again, I would. I would just take more time when I put it on. If you look at the picture you will see how glossy it makes the phone. If you don't like glossy, you won't like this. But if you don't like scratches and can live with glossy this is the product for you.

I tried to take a picture of it with fingerprints but they didn't show up. I still get smears from use, but they seem less and they are easy to wipe off. I just scrape it on a soft cloth, coarse blue jeans, jagged brick walls...well maybe not brick they just don't absorb enough but my blue jeans work fine. No scratches and I have fumbled so much there should be a few.

It really makes me feel like the phone is invulnerable. I have to keep reminding myself that it only protects from scratches. I have thrown it in my pocket with keys, change and a pocket knife. No scratches, but I'm lucky I didn't shatter my screen.

There is another thread that has pictures. I am not sure about the level of protection, but the glossy look is the same for both products. Mine looks about like this one. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=321696&page=2

Attachments

• Photo0015.jpg
    Photo0015.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 134

aikidoka-mks

Oct 21, 2007
BOBBYDAVIS

Looks like the brand you used has more pieces. Does the back cover go over the small raised bumps and leave a bit of air trapped around them like it appears in the photos of the other brand?

ilNebbioso

Aug 4, 2007
Just a question for you, guys:
are this kind of products able to avoid fingerprints on the screen? I have a friend of mine who became CRAZY if he see any fingerprint on the screen or on the phone body...
And, because we both use a Touch Elf with our fingers in order to use the TouchFlo and to write SMS....
Thank you for you clarification!