Full guide to install Google services

Search This thread

guybrush2099

Apr 19, 2013
Has any tried the above method does it work on the Mate XS?

It works. But you need to use date change method or lzplay doesn't work
The problem is not Mate XS but random "Google server doesn't respond" error on Mate XS, P40 series and other banned Huawei. All these have the same random problems

Alpha370

Aug 14, 2020
Issues after recent firmware

Has anyone had success with lzplay after the .151 firmware? New owner, but having an issue using LZPlay of course. Any options to revert or downgrade firmware? Thanks

vorteckia

Jul 27, 2009
Has anyone had success with lzplay after the .151 firmware? New owner, but having an issue using LZPlay of course. Any options to revert or downgrade firmware? Thanks

hi, this happened to me yestd cos i stupidly upgraded the firmware, so installed hisense suite onto my pc and roll back the firmware. XDA doesnt allow me the attach the link to the guide but you can try googling it or pm me for it.

however, im currently still stuck at step 9, have been trying this method (dated aug 14) on youtube by Rui Tukayana which is the closest i got to success.

do let me know if you have better success at it, cheers!

Reactions: Alpha370

DragonK

Nov 25, 2005
Same thing happened to me. LZplay won't run on .151, use HiSuite on pc to downgrade your Mate Xs to .146. Then follow the process to install the Google services. Once its all working, it will stay working even after the .151 update and the recent patch. If you're stuck on step 9, what worked for me was to keep uninstalling file 9/10 and install 7/8, uninstall 7/8, install 9/10... had to do it a few times before no errors and all working.

Reactions: Alpha370

Alpha370

Aug 14, 2020
hi, this happened to me yestd cos i stupidly upgraded the firmware, so installed hisense suite onto my pc and roll back the firmware. XDA doesnt allow me the attach the link to the guide but you can try googling it or pm me for it.

however, im currently still stuck at step 9, have been trying this method (dated aug 14) on youtube by Rui Tukayana which is the closest i got to success.

Thanks! I picked it up off of someone who had unknowingly updated the firmware. I'm attempted to run it with HMS, but most of the apps get finnicky or won't run proper location for me. I'm excited to check out the process, downloading now, but won't have time to dig into it. I'll do my best to report back soon how my rollback is going! Cheers!

---------- Post added at 02:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 AM ----------

Same thing happened to me. LZplay won't run on .151, use HiSuite on pc to downgrade your Mate Xs to .146. Then follow the process to install the Google services. Once its all working, it will stay working even after the .151 update and the recent patch. If you're stuck on step 9, what worked for me was to keep uninstalling file 9/10 and install 7/8, uninstall 7/8, install 9/10... had to do it a few times before no errors and all working.

I decided to stick around for a bit longer and do the restore. I didn't see .146, but it looks like it's allowing me to go back to .138 which should be perfect. Once I get everything working, then I'll do the update to .151. You guys are awesome.
Do you mind letting me know what steps you're referring to for 9 and 9/10? I'm following this guide - [Rollback Guideline] EMUI 9.1 (Android 9) Rollback to EMUI 9.0 (Android 9) Operation Instruction - It's older, but instructions still seem to work perfectly nonetheless.

Alpha370

Aug 14, 2020

What I did to get past step 9 was to extract the package again and overwrite. Then I saw a 4.3mb file in step 9.

DragonK

Nov 25, 2005
Thanks! I picked it up off of someone who had unknowingly updated the firmware. I'm attempted to run it with HMS, but most of the apps get finnicky or won't run proper location for me. I'm excited to check out the process, downloading now, but won't have time to dig into it. I'll do my best to report back soon how my rollback is going! Cheers!

---------- Post added at 02:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 AM ----------

I decided to stick around for a bit longer and do the restore. I didn't see .146, but it looks like it's allowing me to go back to .138 which should be perfect. Once I get everything working, then I'll do the update to .151. You guys are awesome.
Do you mind letting me know what steps you're referring to for 9 and 9/10? I'm following this guide - [Rollback Guideline] EMUI 9.1 (Android 9) Rollback to EMUI 9.0 (Android 9) Operation Instruction - It's older, but instructions still seem to work perfectly nonetheless.

This guide worked for me 7NdvO4FpBsE (put that into YouTube url) however (for me at least) the problem I kept getting stuck on was at the beginning where you have to put in your gmail account. For that part I followed another video but I can't locate that video anywhere now :( .... just make sure your gmail is not 2FA enabled else that part won't work. I must have reset my Mate Xs 20 times before getting this to work, never had to drop to EMUI 9 though, process works fine on EMUI 10. ... Good luck :)

kilrah

Sep 16, 2005
So to clarify, can you upgrade from 10.0.1.146 with GMS loaded to 10.1.0.151, or will that break?
And if you're on 10.1.0.151 you can't install GMS?

kilrah

Sep 16, 2005
I updated to 151 with GMS pre-loaded, found no issues afterwards.

Cool, thanks for the feedback. Will probably go for it in a few days then. Hope it's as stable as the previous one - I actually have 2100h of uptime, zero reboot since last update and have been deferring this one for a couple of weeks in doubt.

Last edited:

damtes

Sep 8, 2020
Cool, thanks for the feedback. Will probably go for it in a few days then. Hope it's as stable as the previous one - I actually have 2100h of uptime, zero reboot since last update and have been deferring this one for a couple of weeks in doubt.

same, downgraded , activated gms and upgraded the phone. everything is working (yes, gps, gpay etc) except for the notification and 4k HD streaming.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This method was the only one that worked for me.

https://youtu.be/HAxj0FYgwoY

Had to start over and reset the phone 3 times but the result made this phone perfect.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Mine still function bro lol, so many user confuse how to use but a lot also success.
    The Key Point is Never GIVEUP

So are there no steps to take with the LZPlay backup? Appreciate your help!

if found this in googe search:
    LZPlay on mega