[FULL MOD] BLACK/ICS Whatsapp Yorzua mods :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Yorzua

Aug 19, 2010
Gotham City
Hello Android fans,

Here are few MODS done by me ( more mods available here )

Dark Mod

generalwhatsappdarkyorz.png

Download DARK MOD 2.7.2635
Download DARK MOD 2.7.3108

ICS Mod

whatsappics.jpg

Download ICS MOD 2.7.2635
Download ICS MOD 2.7.3108

Mango Mod

generalwhatsappdarkyorz.jpg

Download MANGO MOD 2.7.3108

• With this u would be able to enjoy the latest release of Whatsapp themed
• Feel free to ask for help or just give your suggestions for next release
• Quality to the details has been done in graphics, i will work on xml/smali too :cool:

All my apk files are signed, just install as any app :rolleyes:

or 2nd method
Easy way to install :
  1. Download and place the zip into your sd card
  2. Uninstall your existing whatsapp app
  3. Use Rootexplorer to drag the app into /data/app or /system/app
  4. Set permissions to all and reboot the phone

screenshot-1327787756402.png

***Works for all devices ***

Recent changes :D

You are done - Enjoy it ;)

Last edited:

Yorzua

Aug 19, 2010
Gotham City
Changelog

I made a [Tutorial]How to decompile/recompile/Sign Whatsapp.apk :
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=21980621#post21980621 or HERE

derecompilingwhatsapp2.png

I am quite busy at the moment but if you are patient,
i will find time to work on exclusive and unique mods for your daily chats :D

I helped a guy to go from the simple theming to real development of the apk >
he put out of his thread like a ****...

NOTE for GRATITUDE !

@ynkamat
Regarding the message bubble design you requested. In order tho have light text on a dark bubble requires decompiling/recompiling the Whattsapp apk and editing the xmls to change the text color. I have tried that in the past, but with little success .. as Whattsapp doestnt seem to be able to recompile properly with the conventional decompiling methods.:( That is why you will see most mods have only black text on lighter bubbles. Not so easy to do an inverse design.

@Yorzua
I am well aware of how to decompile and recompile apks.
The issue is with the Whattsapp apk recompiling after editing the Styles.xml within the res values folder. As many themers have found, there is an issue with recompiling WhatsApp apk after performing such edits. No one seems as yet able to successfully recompile the apk and alter the message bubble text color. You are doing well if you can change the text to inverse using ApkTool.;)
I myself prefer APK Manager than ApkTool as its command line structure is much better laid out and has more options.:D

@ Youzua
Are you able to change the black bubble text to white (within the speech bubbles)....?
The trouble lays in that part of the modifications.
I have yet to see anyone successfully recompile the Whatsapp.apk (myself included) and have the changes (black text to white) actually work after finalization.

Many have tried editing both the Style.xml and Color.xml.. but the it just don't take after recompiling. The person who cracks this is going to make everyone happy.:p :eek:

Good work.
Did you edit res>layout> 'conversation_text_row_right.xml' and 'conversation_text_row_left.xml ?
looks like they are the xmls.

However, I will politely request that you keep this thread related to the theming and development of the themes related to this thread

If it has nothing to do with the Development of this thread then do not post.
If you wish to throw insults at each other then do it on another site as we do not want to read it. Next time i have to clean this crap up i shall give out Holidays from xda

Satisying to be be on more amicable terms with eachother, but please follow the above request.;)

My answer :
Wasnt you happy when i was posting all my posts off topic from the theming of your themes ?
Did i help you or i just imagine your words below ?
Without my help, you would never be able to go deeper in your own theming which comes now to a real development via xmls and smalis !

I wanted sincerely to help you but hey, like you said, you seem to be more proud or ashame for that... i still remember how you posted in my threads with rage and crap **** ...

dont count on me ever to help you and wrong if you think that we dont need help from someone else... :cool:

======================================================================

If you come by my thread and like my work, i ask nothing more than a little thanks for the effort.
If you dont, then just give me credits if you use it.
Thanks for reading, i wish you a great day ☼

Last edited:

.xxx.

Oct 8, 2011
Mumbai
I'm not able to install it. I copied it to system/app . changed permissions and reboot. But nothing happens.

y3mita

Dec 5, 2010
I love your customizations Yorzua, the best around!

BTW, I installed a modded version of tweetdeck thanks to you Yorzua and I followed the same steps as you did and it worked flawlessly.

Downloaded apk to my Nexus S SD Card, then I open *Root Explorer* (you can use any file explorer with root capabilities: Script Manager - ES FIle Explorer - ROM Toolbox) changed mounting to writeable and moved the modded app to /system/app ..... then changed permissions to file so it reads: rw--r--r--

After doing so, I rebooted my phone open the app drawer and app was there, clicked on it and it works as it is supposed to.

Reactions: Yorzua

Aswin1992

Sep 13, 2010
Can you also make a BBMessenger look-a-like..??

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA Premium App

Brotkruemel

Oct 11, 2010
Hi, great theme, I like it! But why is it necessary to install your app as system app & reboot? I tried other themes which can be used by just installing them. I'm just curious.

Yorzua

Aug 19, 2010
Gotham City
Hi, great theme, I like it! But why is it necessary to install your app as system app & reboot? I tried other themes which can be used by just installing them. I'm just curious.

Not mandatory but 99% of the members coming here have already the latest release installed and since whatsapp ca be moved to sd, my method to install it is more efficient.

but for a first installation, you can perfectly install it with one click ;)

Edoardox

Jan 6, 2012
Near Novara
Ics

I've ics Cm9 alpha build 15 on sgs and it doesn't work for me :( I try tu put the file.apk into data/app or info System/app and reboot but .. doesn't work .. falso if I install the apk as a normal app

Last edited:

Yorzua

Aug 19, 2010
Gotham City
I've ics Cm9 alpha build 15 on sgs and it doesn't work for me :( I try tu put the file.apk into data/app or info System/app and reboot but .. doesn't work .. falso if I install the apk as a normal app

Thanks for your feedback.
Working for everyone and for me.
However, I will test on a SGS running ICS tomorrow at work with the phone of a colleague and report to you.

I will start to release my mods once i rework the OP.
All versions will be signed with the same keys :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello Android fans,

Here are few MODS done by me ( more mods available here )

Dark Mod

generalwhatsappdarkyorz.png

Download DARK MOD 2.7.2635
    Download DARK MOD 2.7.3108

ICS Mod

whatsappics.jpg

Download ICS MOD 2.7.2635
    Download ICS MOD 2.7.3108

Mango Mod

Download MANGO MOD 2.7.3108

• With this u would be able to enjoy the latest release of Whatsapp themed
    • Feel free to ask for help or just give your suggestions for next release
    • Quality to the details has been done in graphics, i will work on xml/smali too :cool:

All my apk files are signed, just install as any app :rolleyes:

or 2nd method
    Easy way to install :
    1. Download and place the zip into your sd card
    2. Uninstall your existing whatsapp app
    3. Use Rootexplorer to drag the app into /data/app or /system/app
    4. Set permissions to all and reboot the phone

screenshot-1327787756402.png

***Works for all devices ***

Recent changes :D

You are done - Enjoy it ;)
    Changelog

I made a [Tutorial]How to decompile/recompile/Sign Whatsapp.apk :
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=21980621#post21980621 or HERE

derecompilingwhatsapp2.png

I am quite busy at the moment but if you are patient,
    i will find time to work on exclusive and unique mods for your daily chats :D

I helped a guy to go from the simple theming to real development of the apk >
    he put out of his thread like a ****...

NOTE for GRATITUDE !

@ynkamat
    Regarding the message bubble design you requested. In order tho have light text on a dark bubble requires decompiling/recompiling the Whattsapp apk and editing the xmls to change the text color. I have tried that in the past, but with little success .. as Whattsapp doestnt seem to be able to recompile properly with the conventional decompiling methods.:( That is why you will see most mods have only black text on lighter bubbles. Not so easy to do an inverse design.

@Yorzua
    I am well aware of how to decompile and recompile apks.
    The issue is with the Whattsapp apk recompiling after editing the Styles.xml within the res values folder. As many themers have found, there is an issue with recompiling WhatsApp apk after performing such edits. No one seems as yet able to successfully recompile the apk and alter the message bubble text color. You are doing well if you can change the text to inverse using ApkTool.;)
    I myself prefer APK Manager than ApkTool as its command line structure is much better laid out and has more options.:D

@ Youzua
    Are you able to change the black bubble text to white (within the speech bubbles)....?
    The trouble lays in that part of the modifications.
    I have yet to see anyone successfully recompile the Whatsapp.apk (myself included) and have the changes (black text to white) actually work after finalization.

Many have tried editing both the Style.xml and Color.xml.. but the it just don't take after recompiling. The person who cracks this is going to make everyone happy.:p :eek:

Good work.
    Did you edit res>layout> 'conversation_text_row_right.xml' and 'conversation_text_row_left.xml ?
    looks like they are the xmls.

However, I will politely request that you keep this thread related to the theming and development of the themes related to this thread

If it has nothing to do with the Development of this thread then do not post.
    If you wish to throw insults at each other then do it on another site as we do not want to read it. Next time i have to clean this crap up i shall give out Holidays from xda

Satisying to be be on more amicable terms with eachother, but please follow the above request.;)

My answer :
    Wasnt you happy when i was posting all my posts off topic from the theming of your themes ?
    Did i help you or i just imagine your words below ?
    Without my help, you would never be able to go deeper in your own theming which comes now to a real development via xmls and smalis !

I wanted sincerely to help you but hey, like you said, you seem to be more proud or ashame for that... i still remember how you posted in my threads with rage and crap **** ...

dont count on me ever to help you and wrong if you think that we dont need help from someone else... :cool:

======================================================================

If you come by my thread and like my work, i ask nothing more than a little thanks for the effort.
    If you dont, then just give me credits if you use it.
    Thanks for reading, i wish you a great day ☼
    coming releases

Thanks loving the ICS theme... Thanks again, question I followed the link, how do I download the other themes I saw??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

I just created yesterday the OP and will release properly all versions with screenshots this weekend :rolleyes:
    Permissions

I'm not able to install it. I copied it to system/app . changed permissions and reboot. But nothing happens.

Works for me and others.
    Do you have place in your internal memory ( /system ? )
    Did you set Permissions to all ?

[example]
    images
    mmh, I can't find links to download the other mods o_O

I will update as fast as possible the coming releases :rolleyes: