Question Full update from Global to EU?

Search This thread

maamdroid

Jun 6, 2013
I'm rooted and bootloader unlocked. There isn't a full update for . 08 yet. Could I use the EU full update and do local install or will that mess my current stuff up?

maamdroid

Jun 6, 2013
Well I tried it and it worked fine. Used the OnePlus updater to download the full EU . 08. Then flashed local. Then installed magisk to inactive slot before rebooting.

Everything worked fine and I didn't have to factory reset. I'm now on EU . 08 from Global.

Reactions: Jager

Jager

Feb 21, 2010
Thank you for testing that out and reporting back! I was curious if this worked or not. Hopefully it does not cause you issues down the road.

Jager

Feb 21, 2010
Well I tried it and it worked fine. Used the OnePlus updater to download the full EU . 08. Then flashed local. Then installed magisk to inactive slot before rebooting.

Everything worked fine and I didn't have to factory reset. I'm now on EU . 08 from Global.
I meant to ask what is the model number of your phone? You said it's the global version but I just want to verify the exact model number.

FallenAion

Jun 3, 2016
Where do you live by chance? I'm in the us and have the international version. Was wanting to use the eu android 13 beta

maamdroid

Jun 6, 2013
Where do you live by chance? I'm in the us and have the international version. Was wanting to use the eu android 13 beta
I am in the US. Currently on the India beta. I am going to try switch to the EU Beta now that it is out.

You shouldn't have any problems using the EU image in the US.

jmayfield337

May 3, 2018
This EU / International looks like my solution.
I softbricked and ended up flashing the IN software. (Not good for CPH2417)
Photos not loading images and some additional apps that are annoying.

maamdroid

Jun 6, 2013
This EU / International looks like my solution.
I softbricked and ended up flashing the IN software. (Not good for CPH2417)
Photos not loading images and some additional apps that are annoying.
Ah, you have the t-mobile variant. Some other guy is trying to get off of that since fastboot is disabled.

What did you end up doing to get back? Are you on EU now?

RomLord14495

Sep 28, 2017
Google Pixel 5
Ah, you have the t-mobile variant. Some other guy is trying to get off of that since fastboot is disabled.

What did you end up doing to get back? Are you on EU now?
I switched without issue was on 2419 T-Mobile variant now I'm on 2415 but if I update it or go to the 13 beta I get some notification that says contract phone error contact provider emergency calls only and none of my apps open says app disabled permissions ,so I'm stuck on the default rollback for Global no updates

Oswald Boelcke

Senior Moderator / Moderator Committee
Staff member
I switched without issue was on 2419 T-Mobile variant now I'm on 2415 but if I update it or go to the 13 beta I get some notification that says contract phone error contact provider emergency calls only and none of my apps open says app disabled permissions ,so I'm stuck on the default rollback for Global no updates
Sir, please check your inbox for a message by me not related at all to your post above. Thanks a lot!

Regards
Oswald Boelcke
Senior Moderator

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I meant to ask what is the model number of your phone? You said it's the global version but I just want to verify the exact model number.
    CPH2417 is my original model number.
    Sir, please check your inbox for a message by me not related at all to your post above. Thanks a lot!

Regards
    Oswald Boelcke
    Senior Moderator