• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Full-Update Link Donut European Version!!

Search This thread

donty

Aug 21, 2007
Many thanks!

I have an old G1 off contract and wanted to see what TM were sending out. Much better than waiting for their OTA release schedule.

When I really get the feel of what the G1 can do I will play with some other updates from xda-dev but this one feels a bit safer whilst I build some knowledge!

Presumably rooting this will be a similar process to before? I do find navigating the threads on various releases, updates, hacks, etc on here a little confusing, never quite sure if what I have read is current knowledge or not! Hence the need for more time to get knowledge.

This went well; download to SD root, rename update.zip and power on holding end+home and the when logo is displayed, ALT+L then next icon, ALT+S to start the process. Watch the various reboots and finally Donut on TM G1 is running.

Cheers!

Afirejar

Aug 19, 2009
Presumably rooting this will be a similar process to before? I do find navigating the threads on various releases, updates, hacks, etc on here a little confusing, never quite sure if what I have read is current knowledge or not! Hence the need for more time to get knowledge.

Rooting by downgrading to RC7 will still work. Instant-root by flashrec.apk won't.

donty

Aug 21, 2007
Rooting about...

Thanks, I will need to check up what the rooting process is doing, I need to merge my linux knowledge with all this and see where things touch!

I don't want to hijack this and I will obviously search but if you have any specific/good sources I would be grateful for links or pointers.