Question Fully compatible launchers

Search This thread

linus207

Apr 1, 2013
Nexus 6
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Hi,
I use two devices on a daily basis: Pixel 6 pro and 7 pro. One more test and the other as a daily driver.

I wonder what launchers you use. Pixel launcher seems to me a bit limited when it comes to functionality and appearance. I tried the pixel launcher mod, but it seems to be moderately stable and still doesn't give you the option to set any grid size. The app drawer is sprawled out enormously, the gaps between apps are large, and everything is narrow and weird.

I'm just used to using the nova launcher and lawnchair. Since 2014 I was using nexus 6 and pixel devices later.

Now in (almost) 2023 both nova launcher and lawnchair seem to be out of date even in current test builds: nova launcher 8 beta and lawnchair 12.1 dev (quickstep doesn't work anyway).

So a question for power users who like customization to the limit. How are you doing with the current pixel launcher monopoly? what do you use?

Dec 3, 2022
It sounds like you're looking for a customizable and stable launcher for your Pixel 6 Pro and 7 Pro devices. While I don't have personal experience with either of these devices, I can recommend some popular launcher options that you may want to consider.

One option is the Action Launcher, which offers a variety of customization options and features a "Quickstep" interface that allows for easy switching between apps. Another option is the Microsoft Launcher, which allows for deep customization and integrates with Microsoft services like OneDrive and Your Phone.

If you want to stick with a launcher that's developed by Google, you may want to try the Google Discover Launcher. This launcher allows for some customization and integrates with Google services like the Google Assistant and Discover feed.

Ultimately, the best launcher for you will depend on your personal preferences and needs. I recommend trying out a few different options to see which one works best for you.

Reactions: ipdev

Strephon Alkhalikoi

Aug 3, 2010
Vulcan
Samsung Galaxy S4
Nexus 6
So a question for power users who like customization to the limit. How are you doing with the current pixel launcher monopoly? what do you use?
I would say hardly a monopoly, but the pixel launcher is so limited it's infuriating. Which is why I use Nova Launcher (current beta) despite, in your opinion, it being out of date.

73sydney

Nova...works...whats the problem here?

General comment, becuase i see this "but this software/app is out of date" thing far too often on here...

I dunno why some people think stuff is "out of date" because of the date since last build

Mostly millennials and gen-zer's...want a new version of something every 6 months because they think evil CrApple release schedules should apply to literally everything....*head shake*...we really have devolved as a species

People of my age consider things out of date when they stop working......but then we're not the worst (and most spoiled) generation ever made...

Stop creating issues that dont exist, use Nova, it works fine....

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Hand76 and ipdev

ipdev

Recognized Contributor
Feb 14, 2016
Google Nexus 10
Nexus 7 (2013)
Hi,
I use two devices on a daily basis: Pixel 6 pro and 7 pro. One more test and the other as a daily driver.

I wonder what launchers you use. Pixel launcher seems to me a bit limited when it comes to functionality and appearance. I tried the pixel launcher mod, but it seems to be moderately stable and still doesn't give you the option to set any grid size. The app drawer is sprawled out enormously, the gaps between apps are large, and everything is narrow and weird.

I'm just used to using the nova launcher and lawnchair. Since 2014 I was using nexus 6 and pixel devices later.

Now in (almost) 2023 both nova launcher and lawnchair seem to be out of date even in current test builds: nova launcher 8 beta and lawnchair 12.1 dev (quickstep doesn't work anyway).

For the most part, I use the launcher included with the system.
When I do change, I use Nova or Lawnchair. 🙃
Note: I bought Nova Prime quite a few years ago. ;)

Cheers. :cowboy:

Reactions: 73sydney

linus207

Apr 1, 2013
Nexus 6
Google Pixel 6 Pro

General comment, becuase i see this "but this software/app is out of date" thing far too often on here...

I dunno why some people think stuff is "out of date" because of the date since last build

Mostly millennials and gez -zer's...want a new version of something evrey 6 months because they think evil CrApple release schedules should apply to literally everything....*head shake*...we really have devolved as a species

People of my age consider things out of date when they stop working......but then we're not the worst spoiled generation ever made...

phew. That's a bit of a far-reaching conclusion. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with the Nova launcher because it's great to use. But consider the animation quality when changing running applications, expanding the application drawer or, for example, the lack of themed icons. Lawnchair has gone a step further and is more modern. I've been using Nova Launcher Prime for almost 10 years, but while using Pixel Launcher for a while, I had the impression "oh, that's how it should work, very nice". Also, I think you misjudged me a bit. In 3 months I will be 33 years old, so I am far from the generational groups you mentioned and their approach to stimuli and novelties.

• Haha
Reactions: 73sydney and ipdev

nick491

For the most part, I use the launcher included with the system.
When I do change, I use Nova or Lawnchair. 🙃
Note: I bought Nova Prime quite a few years ago. ;)

Cheers. :cowboy:
I also got Nova Prime and used it quite a bit in different roms and devices.

Switched to Lawnchair version 12.1.0 Alpha 4 and will never switch back. This launcher helps with so many things; one of them was a magisk module I used about a year ago.

linus207

Apr 1, 2013
Nexus 6
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I also got Nova Prime and used it quite a bit in different roms and devices.

Switched to Lawnchair version 12.1.0 Alpha 4 and will never switch back. This launcher helps with so many things; one of them was a magisk module I used about a year ago.
After reading the privacy info, try Lawnchair.

I've even been able to get it to work on a couple non-root phones to fix bad launchers
I'm on a lawnchair right now. it's really great and basically comparable to pixel launcher. It is a pity that the android 13 magisk module does not work. I use the dev version of the launcher. Do you see any advantage of the alpha version over the dev version?

Reactions: nick491

nick491

I'm on a lawnchair right now. it's really great and basically comparable to pixel launcher. It is a pity that the android 13 magisk module does not work. I use the dev version of the launcher. Do you see any advantage of the alpha version over the dev version?

There's more info on the differences with changelog.

It takes a few times to get your head around the option your trying to activate in the launcher again but there's always the backup settings option in the app.

w_tapper

There's more info on the differences with changelog.

It takes a few times to get your head around the option your trying to activate in the launcher again but there's always the backup settings option in the app.
I would use it if the magisk module worked

• Angry
Reactions: nick491

73sydney

Reactions: linus207

Kris Chen

Jan 10, 2013
Taoyuan
Google Pixel 6 Pro
This seems to be a thing as well....

Yes, this one is exactly what I'm in using now in my Pixel 6 pro and it's really working well.

Reactions: 73sydney

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I stand by Microsoft launcher. I've got an ms 365 personal and business subscription. The backup feature is useful. I use windows 11 so it syncs my notes from to-do etc.

Its not everyone's cup of tea but it's the best launcher I've used personally
    I use nova launcher, no bugs and it has a lot of customization

Mostly millennials and gen-zer's...want a new version of something every 6 months because they think evil CrApple release schedules should apply to literally everything....*head shake*...we really have devolved as a species

People of my age consider things out of date when they stop working......but then we're not the worst (and most spoiled) generation ever made...

Mostly millennials and gez -zer's...want a new version of something evrey 6 months because they think evil CrApple release schedules should apply to literally everything....*head shake*...we really have devolved as a species

People of my age consider things out of date when they stop working......but then we're not the worst spoiled generation ever made...

phew. That's a bit of a far-reaching conclusion. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with the Nova launcher because it's great to use. But consider the animation quality when changing running applications, expanding the application drawer or, for example, the lack of themed icons. Lawnchair has gone a step further and is more modern. I've been using Nova Launcher Prime for almost 10 years, but while using Pixel Launcher for a while, I had the impression "oh, that's how it should work, very nice". Also, I think you misjudged me a bit. In 3 months I will be 33 years old, so I am far from the generational groups you mentioned and their approach to stimuli and novelties.