Fully Root for Oppo A83??? Need HELP!!!

Search This thread

alecxs

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Feb 17, 2016
gitlab.com
as @PalPalBoi already stated boot image patching (which is a common Magisk install method) is possible, but flashing on locked bootloader will brick your device, unless you enable Advanced settings - keep AVB/dm-verity before (which works only for AVBv1)

another issue probably encryption will break, it is recommended to enable Advanced settings - preserve force encryption in Magisk Manager before patching boot.img

hell.o

Jan 6, 2017
Hi everybody! ;)

I have two major problems:

Does anybody knows how to get root access on oppo A83? :confused:
Is there any possibility to get that fixed?
Down below i've posted some links with technical specifications about the device.
Another problem is that I bought the phone in Thailand and only Asian languages ​​are installed! But I need the European language pack! I have already searched the whole web but unfortunately found nothing. :crying:

I would be very grateful for any help or advice.
Thank you guy's.

Sorry, I am still prohibited to publish links in my thread. So, I copied the specific data for the oppo A83 from a website and put it back here.

NETWORK
Technology GSM / CDMA / HSPA / LTE
2G bands GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 - SIM 1 & SIM 2
CDMA 800 & TD-SCDMA - China
3G bands HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100 - India, Thailand
HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 - China
4G bands LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 8(900), 38(2600), 40(2300),
41(2500) - India, Thailand
LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 34(2000),
38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500) - China (A83t)
Speed HSPA, LTE
GPRS Yes
EDGE Yes
LAUNCH
Announced 2018, January
Status Available. Released 2018, January
BODY
Dimensions 150.5 x 73.1 x 7.7 mm (5.93 x 2.88 x 0.30 in)
Weight 143 g (5.04 oz)
Build Front glass, aluminum body
SIM Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
DISPLAY
Type IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
Size 5.7 inches, 83.8 cm2 (~76.2% screen-to-body ratio)
Resolution 720 x 1440 pixels, 18:9 ratio (~282 ppi density)
Multitouch Yes
- ColorOS 3.2
PLATFORM
OS Android 7.1 (Nougat)
Chipset Mediatek MT6763T Helio P23
CPU Octa-core 2.5 GHz Cortex-A53
GPU Mali-G71 MP2
MEMORY
Card slot microSD, up to 256 GB (dedicated slot)
Internal 32 GB, 3 GB RAM or 4 GB RAM (China only)
CAMERA
Primary 13 MP, f/2.2, autofocus, LED flash
Features Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, HDR, panorama
Video 1080p@30fps
Secondary 8 MP, f/2.2
SOUND
Alert types Vibration; MP3, WAV ringtones
Loudspeaker Yes
3.5mm jack Yes
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
COMMS
WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, dual-band, WiFi Direct, hotspot
Bluetooth 4.2, A2DP, LE
GPS Yes, with A-GPS
Radio No
USB microUSB 2.0, USB On-The-Go
FEATURES
Sensors Accelerometer, proximity, compass
Messaging SMS (threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Email
Browser HTML5
- MP4/H.264 player
- MP3/WAV/eAAC+/FLAC player
- Document viewer
- Photo/video editor
BATTERY
Non-removable Li-Ion 3180 mAh battery
MISC
Colors Champagne, Black
Price About 200 EUR

You can root it just look at other oppo fourms but u you'd be messed if u get into any problem

quantumcog

Aug 11, 2017
Samsung Galaxy Tab A series
TRY NOW!!

i found this, you guys can try https://www.getdroidtips.com/root-oppo-a83/ and post a confirmation if its successful so we can try aswell as i dont want to be the first to try it.
This will fail since oppo has SLA and DAA protection. But you can bypass it with TestPoint. (You can search for it online) But test point can unlock only bootloader. I successfully unlocked bootloader but when I rooted It went into bootloop

Last edited:

jeson03

Dec 10, 2022
各位朋友:

你们好!我是一个OPPO A83的用户(即使我现在已经不在使用它),我刚对我的手机进了root,不过是临时的,重新启动后需要重新root。

大家也不用妄想使用一键root工具,因为这些软件是不允许被安装的,即使安装了,也是无法使用的。再者,root的前提是解锁Bootlaoder。

而恰巧,OPPO对安卓10以下的所以手机不提供官方解锁,所以,需要进入第三方强力制锁。原理很简单,就是利用MTK芯片的底层。在github上搜索,是有的。

解锁bootlaoder是需要将手机拆机,找到短接电进行短接(接地),然后手机链接电脑。而且,还有必要的启动需要安装。注意:驱动可能使你的电脑USB口失灵,甚至是蓝牙。连接上电脑后进行解锁。

解锁完成后开机会清楚所有数据!请做好数据准备!开机后手机会显示三行文字,不需要理会。

当你进入系统后,下载一叫[mtk Easy su]的软件,点击#,它会进行root操作,可能会重启,开机后需要重复操作。

至此你的手机已经获取了临时的root权限,我们可以提取boot.img并用magisk进行修改,然后刷入。提取方法可以看论坛或者搜索

但是,这台设备是没有fastboot的,所以需要先刷TWRP recovery,在里面刷进去。

但是刷进去后会无法进入系统,所以要做好boot备份。至于为什么,我也不知道。

因为我是中国人,我无法将资料上传,一切只能靠你们寻找啦!

Mod translation:
friends:

Hello! I'm an OPPO A83 user (even though I'm not using it anymore), I just rooted my phone, but it's temporary, after restarting it needs to be re-rooted.

You don't have to think about using the one-click root tool, because these software are not allowed to be installed, and even if they are installed, they cannot be used. Furthermore, the premise of root is to unlock Bootlaoder.

Coincidentally, OPPO does not provide official unlocking for phones below Android 10, so it is necessary to enter a third-party strong lock system. The principle is very simple, that is, to use the bottom layer of the MTK chip. Search on github, there are.

To unlock the bootlaoder, you need to disassemble the mobile phone, find a short circuit and short circuit (ground), and then connect the mobile phone to the computer. Also, there are necessary startups that need to be installed. NOTE: Drivers may disable your computer's USB ports, even Bluetooth. Unlock it after connecting it to the computer.

After the unlocking is complete, all the data will be cleared when the phone is turned on! Please prepare your data! After booting, the phone will display three lines of text, so don't worry about it.

After you enter the system, download a software called [mtk Easy su], click #, it will perform root operation, it may restart, and you need to repeat the operation after booting.

So far your mobile phone has obtained temporary root permission, we can extract boot.img and modify it with magisk, and then flash it in. The extraction method can be seen in the forum or searched

However, this device does not have fastboot, so you need to flash TWRP recovery first, and flash it in.

However, you will not be able to enter the system after flashing it in, so you must make a boot backup. As for why, I don't know.

Because I am Chinese, I can't upload the information, everything can only be found by you!

因为网络和其他问题,
我的中文会被篡改,如有问题,可以私信。

Mod translation: My Chinese will be tampered with. If you have any questions, you can send a private message.

Plz someone help to root this phone:(
I can help you

Last edited by a moderator:

jeson03

Dec 10, 2022
请有人帮助root这个手机:(
我可以帮助你,但,你知道的,我在中国,这可能需要一段时间整理我所用到的资料,以便于更好地发布出去。请耐心等待一下,我会在不久的将来发布所以工具,希望对你有用。

Mod translation: I can help you, but, you know, I am in China, it may take a while to sort out the materials I use, so that I can publish them better. Please be patient, I will release all the tools in the near future, I hope it will be useful to you.

Last edited by a moderator:

n€ffy

Dec 17, 2023
各位朋友:

你们好!我是一个OPPO A83的用户(即使我现在已经不在使用它),我刚对我的手机进了root,不过是临时的,重新启动后需要重新root。

大家也不用妄想使用一键root工具,因为这些软件是不允许被安装的,即使安装了,也是无法使用的。再者,root的前提是解锁Bootlaoder。

而恰巧,OPPO对安卓10以下的所以手机不提供官方解锁,所以,需要进入第三方强力制锁。原理很简单,就是利用MTK芯片的底层。在github上搜索,是有的。

解锁bootlaoder是需要将手机拆机,找到短接电进行短接(接地),然后手机链接电脑。而且,还有必要的启动需要安装。注意:驱动可能使你的电脑USB口失灵,甚至是蓝牙。连接上电脑后进行解锁。

解锁完成后开机会清楚所有数据!请做好数据准备!开机后手机会显示三行文字,不需要理会。

当你进入系统后,下载一叫[mtk Easy su]的软件,点击#,它会进行root操作,可能会重启,开机后需要重复操作。

至此你的手机已经获取了临时的root权限,我们可以提取boot.img并用magisk进行修改,然后刷入。提取方法可以看论坛或者搜索

但是,这台设备是没有fastboot的,所以需要先刷TWRP recovery,在里面刷进去。

但是刷进去后会无法进入系统,所以要做好boot备份。至于为什么,我也不知道。

因为我是中国人,我无法将资料上传,一切只能靠你们寻找啦!

Mod translation:
friends:

Hello! I'm an OPPO A83 user (even though I'm not using it anymore), I just rooted my phone, but it's temporary, after restarting it needs to be re-rooted.

You don't have to think about using the one-click root tool, because these software are not allowed to be installed, and even if they are installed, they cannot be used. Furthermore, the premise of root is to unlock Bootlaoder.

Coincidentally, OPPO does not provide official unlocking for phones below Android 10, so it is necessary to enter a third-party strong lock system. The principle is very simple, that is, to use the bottom layer of the MTK chip. Search on github, there are.

To unlock the bootlaoder, you need to disassemble the mobile phone, find a short circuit and short circuit (ground), and then connect the mobile phone to the computer. Also, there are necessary startups that need to be installed. NOTE: Drivers may disable your computer's USB ports, even Bluetooth. Unlock it after connecting it to the computer.

After the unlocking is complete, all the data will be cleared when the phone is turned on! Please prepare your data! After booting, the phone will display three lines of text, so don't worry about it.

After you enter the system, download a software called [mtk Easy su], click #, it will perform root operation, it may restart, and you need to repeat the operation after booting.

So far your mobile phone has obtained temporary root permission, we can extract boot.img and modify it with magisk, and then flash it in. The extraction method can be seen in the forum or searched

However, this device does not have fastboot, so you need to flash TWRP recovery first, and flash it in.

However, you will not be able to enter the system after flashing it in, so you must make a boot backup. As for why, I don't know.

Because I am Chinese, I can't upload the information, everything can only be found by you!

因为网络和其他问题,
我的中文会被篡改,如有问题,可以私信。

Mod translation: My Chinese will be tampered with. If you have any questions, you can send a private message.

I can help you
I would like to contact you for rooting my oppo phone...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    can somebody help root oppo a83 please :crying::crying:
    Hi everybody! ;)

I have two major problems:

Does anybody knows how to get root access on oppo A83? :confused:
    Is there any possibility to get that fixed?
    Down below i've posted some links with technical specifications about the device.
    Another problem is that I bought the phone in Thailand and only Asian languages ​​are installed! But I need the European language pack! I have already searched the whole web but unfortunately found nothing. :crying:

I would be very grateful for any help or advice.
    Thank you guy's.

Sorry, I am still prohibited to publish links in my thread. So, I copied the specific data for the oppo A83 from a website and put it back here.

NETWORK
    Technology GSM / CDMA / HSPA / LTE
    2G bands GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 - SIM 1 & SIM 2
    CDMA 800 & TD-SCDMA - China
    3G bands HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100 - India, Thailand
    HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 - China
    4G bands LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 8(900), 38(2600), 40(2300),
    41(2500) - India, Thailand
    LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 34(2000),
    38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500) - China (A83t)
    Speed HSPA, LTE
    GPRS Yes
    EDGE Yes
    LAUNCH
    Announced 2018, January
    Status Available. Released 2018, January
    BODY
    Dimensions 150.5 x 73.1 x 7.7 mm (5.93 x 2.88 x 0.30 in)
    Weight 143 g (5.04 oz)
    Build Front glass, aluminum body
    SIM Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
    DISPLAY
    Type IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
    Size 5.7 inches, 83.8 cm2 (~76.2% screen-to-body ratio)
    Resolution 720 x 1440 pixels, 18:9 ratio (~282 ppi density)
    Multitouch Yes
    - ColorOS 3.2
    PLATFORM
    OS Android 7.1 (Nougat)
    Chipset Mediatek MT6763T Helio P23
    CPU Octa-core 2.5 GHz Cortex-A53
    GPU Mali-G71 MP2
    MEMORY
    Card slot microSD, up to 256 GB (dedicated slot)
    Internal 32 GB, 3 GB RAM or 4 GB RAM (China only)
    CAMERA
    Primary 13 MP, f/2.2, autofocus, LED flash
    Features Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, HDR, panorama
    Video 1080p@30fps
    Secondary 8 MP, f/2.2
    SOUND
    Alert types Vibration; MP3, WAV ringtones
    Loudspeaker Yes
    3.5mm jack Yes
    - Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
    COMMS
    WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, dual-band, WiFi Direct, hotspot
    Bluetooth 4.2, A2DP, LE
    GPS Yes, with A-GPS
    Radio No
    USB microUSB 2.0, USB On-The-Go
    FEATURES
    Sensors Accelerometer, proximity, compass
    Messaging SMS (threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Email
    Browser HTML5
    - MP4/H.264 player
    - MP3/WAV/eAAC+/FLAC player
    - Document viewer
    - Photo/video editor
    BATTERY
    Non-removable Li-Ion 3180 mAh battery
    MISC
    Colors Champagne, Black
    Price About 200 EUR
    Same Problem Here

I have the same phone and i'm starting to regret buying it. Tho here are a couple of things im going to try out. You guys might as well also try it. Tho im not sure if it will work and i'm not responsible for anything that happens if you do follow these.

I'm trying to make magisk work on the phone by patching the boot image but since we can't really access the fastboot, we can't unlock the bootloader and flash the modified boot image. Although what i wanna try out is using the MTK download tool to flash the modified boot image to the phone. I still don't know if it will work or not since i haven't tried it and i don't think i will later on since information about this phone is still very scarce and breaking this to the point of no return is the last thing i want to do.
    same here, having oppo f5 with same chipset but theirs no way to get fastboot,until we get something official patched update.zip to bring back the fastboot crap..
    {Mod edit: Quoted post deleted}
    Thanks for share but it seems your tool and drivers are for win7, do you have drivers for windows10? Thanks